Siberian Ice v. Casablanca White

Cookiej18

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yea it’s tight to the door. With the cameras you can be real accurate with parking and I like to keep room in front for walk space.

Just curious, how much space do you have between the back of the car and the garage door? This photo makes it look like it's millimetres but you obviously have lots of room in front of the car.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So...I know this thread is for SI vs CW.

But...wondering if anyone has seen Siberian Ice and Mallorca Blue. I have seen the MB...that is the car I drove in Toronto. Love the color. Apparently (according to members of my family)...the color is more for a young buck...a bit too loud for a guy in his 40's.

Reason I ask...is that I located one. I am waiting and waiting for a SI of my spec...but losing hope. I could get the MB today :)

I love SI because it is very unique...a head turner...but it is not in your face. Keeps under the radar of cops too. MB is gorgeous...definitely unique and a head turner. But I don't want to be that guy going through a mid life crisis...LOL.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

But...wondering if anyone has seen Siberian Ice and Mallorca Blue. I have seen the MB...that is the car I drove in Toronto. Love the color. Apparently (according to members of my family)...the color is more for a young buck...a bit too loud for a guy in his 40's.

Reason I ask...is that I located one. I am waiting and waiting for a SI of my spec...but losing hope. I could get the MB today :)

I love SI because it is very unique...a head turner...but it is not in your face. Keeps under the radar of cops too. MB is gorgeous...definitely unique and a head turner. But I don't want to be that guy going through a mid life crisis...LOL.
I'm torn between the SI and the MB too and I'm older than you (nearly 50 LOL) Like you I think the MB is too "shiny" for my age but I love that color. Bad thing is that I have no choice to see them in person. I'm in Florida and the nearest dealer stocking G70s is 600 miles away. When the heck are we going to see this car in Florida?

Prospective G80 Owner

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I'm torn between the SI and the MB too and I'm older than you (nearly 50 LOL) Like you I think the MB is too "shiny" for my age but I love that color. Bad thing is that I have no choice to see them in person. I'm in Florida and the nearest dealer stocking G70s is 600 miles away. When the heck are we going to see this car in Florida?
That's a good question. I went to a local dealer here in Miami last week to see Siberian Ice in person on a G80 because I wanted to be able to compare it to a Polar Ice G80 I had seen a few days before. When I asked when they'd be getting in the 2019 models, I was told that they had absolutely no idea.

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That's a good question. I went to a local dealer here in Miami last week to see Siberian Ice in person on a G80 because I wanted to be able to compare it to a Polar Ice G80 I had seen a few days before. When I asked when they'd be getting in the 2019 models, I was told that they had absolutely no idea.
You like the Siberian Ice?

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

I love how the MB looks. But like you said, it attracts too much attention plus that type of blue is used on a few cars which are also very shouty!
I wanted the CW since the Prestige here isn't available in SI but my wife's vehicle is also white and she didn't want two white cars in the house.
So I picked the Nurburg Green instead with Caramel Brown interior!
Hopefully it looks good IRL when it arrives on Friday!

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I love how the MB looks. But like you said, it attracts too much attention plus that type of blue is used on a few cars which are also very shouty!
I wanted the CW since the Prestige here isn't available in SI but my wife's vehicle is also white and she didn't want two white cars in the house.
So I picked the Nurburg Green instead with Caramel Brown interior!
Hopefully it looks good IRL when it arrives on Friday!
Oh wow...that combo is not available in the USA. The Green is only available on the Design Edition (400 units) and only with the cream interior with green piping.

Green with the brown will look damn good I am sure !!

Prospective G80 Owner

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
You like the Siberian Ice?
Yes, very much. In fact, if I hadn't been able to find and buy a G80 in Polar Ice, the Siberian Ice was my fallback color. My only minor complaint with the Polar Ice is that it only comes with a black interior. The SI I saw had an ivory and black interior that was gorgeous. I think that interior would also look great with Polar Ice.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Which dealer, Doral?

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Oh wow...that combo is not available in the USA. The Green is only available on the Design Edition (400 units) and only with the cream interior with green piping.

Green with the brown will look damn good I am sure !!
Hopefully. I wish that the brown was darker or redder.
What is the Design Edition? Is it just the 3.3T Sport with special colours?

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hopefully. I wish that the brown was darker or redder.
What is the Design Edition? Is it just the 3.3T Sport with special colours?
Design edition is just one trim in N.Green and Cream interior. Most folks hate the white/cream steering wheel on it.

Prospective G80 Owner

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I asked at Doral and Braman too, nobody knows anything.
Yeah, that's why I'm flying up to DC Saturday to pick up my 2019 G80. I'm not going to wait around for God knows how long for Genesis and Florida to get their act together.

Starflyer

Hasn't posted much yet...
Seattle WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Just curious, how much space do you have between the back of the car and the garage door? This photo makes it look like it's millimetres but you obviously have lots of room in front of the car.
Looks dangerous to me IF you tried to open the trunk with the garage door down. I have about 2" with my G80 with the garage door closed, ONLY because our freezer is in front. I'm working to get a plug in a different area so that I can move the freezer. I keep a 4"x 4" piece of lumber on the garage floor so that I can get the car as close to the freezer as safey possible and still have my 2" clearance in the rear.

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I know I've had my car (Siberian Ice) since Friday. But it has been raining most of the time. Sat I was out and about having fun...but never really parked far from any dwelling I entered.

So today...went to the DMV to submit my old plates. Place was packed...so I parked in the back of the lot. It is a dark dreary day.

When I was done inside...and walking out...I was looking for my car. I saw it...did not even recognize it. It is the first time the flat blue/gray hit my eyes full blast. I did a double take..."holy F...is that my car?".

It was stunning. Like nothing I have ever seen. I am not kidding. Might sound over the top...but I got anxious...out of excitement.

That was MY moment that I knew this color was 10001% the right choice for me. There is not a single car on the road that looks like that.

End of rant :)

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I know I've had my car (Siberian Ice) since Friday. But it has been raining most of the time. Sat I was out and about having fun...but never really parked far from any dwelling I entered.

So today...went to the DMV to submit my old plates. Place was packed...so I parked in the back of the lot. It is a dark dreary day.

When I was done inside...and walking out...I was looking for my car. I saw it...did not even recognize it. It is the first time the flat blue/gray hit my eyes full blast. I did a double take..."holy F...is that my car?".

It was stunning. Like nothing I have ever seen. I am not kidding. Might sound over the top...but I got anxious...out of excitement.

That was MY moment that I knew this color was 10001% the right choice for me. There is not a single car on the road that looks like that.

End of rant :)
I know the feeling. Only seen my car in sunlight one time since I've owned it. Can't wait for the next clear day to see the glorious green!

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I know the feeling. Only seen my car in sunlight one time since I've owned it. Can't wait for the next clear day to see the glorious green!
You should probably update your settings and update your Genesis Model Type. Still states "No Genesis Yet!" :) :)

BTW...how would you compare your green to...say...British Racing Green...if you know what I mean? Love that color.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.