The Beef's G70

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah...I have had summer tires before...and high performance ones. But never hear that !!! Are these particularly sensitive?...or should I just not worry about it. We are not talking traction here. Just whether I will ruin them or not in colder weather.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah...I have had summer tires before...and high performance ones. But never hear that !!! Are these particularly sensitive?...or should I just not worry about it. We are not talking traction here. Just whether I will ruin them or not in colder weather.
I suspect they may start dry cracking!

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

PD705

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
They're not that bad in the cold, provided it's dry. We're seeing sub-zero (< 32F) temperatures here at night and the PS4 has shockingly good grip considering. But for actual standing snow? Don't try it - not a good idea.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I drove with the PS4's many mornings where temps were below freezing and daytimes only got to the 5-10 degree mark. No issues at all as long as the roads were dry. Full throttle acceleration and decent cornering isn't an issue. If things are wet though so there is a chance of ice, that is where they fall apart. I have had the same experience with other summer tires. In the fall I push the freezing mark a bit more than in the spring since in the spring the ground is usually colder and more likely to be damp and therefore dangerous. That is up here in Canada though.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I drove with the PS4's many mornings where temps were below freezing and daytimes only got to the 5-10 degree mark. No issues at all as long as the roads were dry. Full throttle acceleration and decent cornering isn't an issue. If things are wet though so there is a chance of ice, that is where they fall apart. I have had the same experience with other summer tires. In the fall I push the freezing mark a bit more than in the spring since in the spring the ground is usually colder and more likely to be damp and therefore dangerous. That is up here in Canada though.
Good point. Also I think on the staggered setup, the front which is already stretched on the rims will get wrecked faster in prolonged cold use!

Cowtown

Registered Member
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Niiiiccceeeee.

Yeah you'll probably beat me by a full week. It's apparently on a transport or whatever from Edmonton but my rep hasn't been able to confirm an actual date, kinda odd. Apparently been in transit just about a week which seems long for inter provincial. Assuming it arrives in the area this weekend I should likely get mine by next Friday.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Quick update on what transpired since I created this thread.

I found out that the car made the allocation...and it was supposed be hitting the dealer by Nov 16. So it was sitting at port in Philly waiting for transport.

Kevin the owner than texted me yesterday that the status on the car become "ready for pickup" at the port. So we were both thinking it will take at least a week, etc.

Well...it got picked up the same day (yesterday...Wed) and delivered last night !!! Philly is really close to Alexandria, VA.

So today (Thu) it went into the bay at the dealership and got prepped.

I got all the paperwork done today...and it is being driven to me tomorrow (Fri).

What a friggin' turnaround. Kevin said in his 20 years as a dealer owner he has never seen such a turnaround. Corporate really did a great job expediting.

And here is the kicker folks...still in shock.

They are delivering the car to me...based on the fact that I will offload it myself. Audi offered $15k which was super fair. Vroom.com about a month ago offered $14k (offer lasts for 10 days). Didn't even go to CarMax...bunch of con artists.

So I did Vroom.com today (thinking it would go down). Same offer...$14k.

The dealer than said they would take my car for the same...UNSEEN. 100% trusting me. Dear Lord. Of course I was honest.

So tomorrow...instead of them driving my car with a chaser car to get back home...one guy is driving my G70 down then driving my Audi back. Got it all in writing.

So I didn't have to do a single bloody thing !!! How amazing is that.

I will totally pump these guys up. This is as close to the Canadian delivery experience as I could hope for (minus the see-through trailer).

Still in shock.

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Quick update on what transpired since I created this thread.

I found out that the car made the allocation...and it was supposed be hitting the dealer by Nov 16. So it was sitting at port in Philly waiting for transport.

Kevin the owner than texted me yesterday that the status on the car become "ready for pickup" at the port. So we were both thinking it will take at least a week, etc.

Well...it got picked up the same day (yesterday...Wed) and delivered last night !!! Philly is really close to Alexandria, VA.

So today (Thu) it went into the bay at the dealership and got prepped.

I got all the paperwork done today...and it is being driven to me tomorrow (Fri).

What a friggin' turnaround. Kevin said in his 20 years as a dealer owner he has never seen such a turnaround. Corporate really did a great job expediting.

And here is the kicker folks...still in shock.

They are delivering the car to me...based on the fact that I will offload it myself. Audi offered $15k which was super fair. Vroom.com about a month ago offered $14k (offer lasts for 10 days). Didn't even go to CarMax...bunch of con artists.

So I did Vroom.com today (thinking it would go down). Same offer...$14k.

The dealer than said they would take my car for the same...UNSEEN. 100% trusting me. Dear Lord. Of course I was honest.

So tomorrow...instead of them driving my car with a chaser car to get back home...one guy is driving my G70 down then driving my Audi back. Got it all in writing.

So I didn't have to do a single bloody thing !!! How amazing is that.

I will totally pump these guys up. This is as close to the Canadian delivery experience as I could hope for (minus the see-through trailer).

Still in shock.
Very happy for you. Just a smidge jealous :) But cannot wait to see pics/hear anything else about it. Well deserved!
And, a fabulous story to tell about Genesis!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.