Things you love about the G70

joschneider

Registered Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Are you shifting manually? I think half of the eco mode gas saving comes from sitting in 8th gear.
Out of my 15 miles commute on the freeway, about 5 miles are in CC which puts me into 8th. The rest of the time I just make sure to get up to speed quickly, but those last 10 miles are the Las Vegas strip and spaghetti bowl, meaning im dodging and weaving through the tourists/Cali drivers and def not being easy on the gas

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Out of my 15 miles commute on the freeway, about 5 miles are in CC which puts me into 8th. The rest of the time I just make sure to get up to speed quickly, but those last 10 miles are the Las Vegas strip and spaghetti bowl, meaning im dodging and weaving through the tourists/Cali drivers and def not being easy on the gas
Well then...your gas mileage confuses me. Lol

joschneider

Registered Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well then...your gas mileage confuses me. Lol
I use only shell and chevron 91 octane, but it also could be the heat, altitude or maybe the difference in how i put my foot down. It confuses me too because I seem to get better mileage than most people on here. Im not complaining! Also my in car readout could be wrong, Ive never done an actual calculation to find real mileage. Lots of variables :p

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I use only shell and chevron 91 octane, but it also could be the heat, altitude or maybe the difference in how i put my foot down. It confuses me too because I seem to get better mileage than most people on here. Im not complaining! Also my in car readout could be wrong, Ive never done an actual calculation to find real mileage. Lots of variables :p
I figure you probably can't be bothered to do some scientific-ish testing/research on it, but if you ever do get the itch, please let us know!

The first couple weeks I had my car, I could swear I got better mileage in light to moderate traffic while in sport mode rather than eco. I had a feeling it had to do with boost building up in the 2-4k range compared to the 1-2k eco cruising

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
I’ve been driving my G70 very conservatively during its break-in period. I’m really not one to hot dog a car anymore anyway. I just like know that when and if I need it the power it is there and I still like the driving experience especially in a car that handles well. I just recently went past my break-in window and it was a good feeling that now I could hot dog it if I wanted to. I usually limit my enthusiasm to just entering highways or on very uncongested areas of which there aren’t any around here. As apparent to our younger posters I am a retired senior who just enjoys driving a nice car. I had a Genesis AWD Ultimate before this car so I’m very familiar with the driving dynamics of the HTRAK system. I said that because recently I had an experience with my G70 which shows just how good the system is. I was waiting at a light to make a left turn while the oncoming traffic cleared which wasn’t going to happen. I finally saw a space between cars suitable to make the turn. As I went to make the turn as does sometimes the next car gets a bug up his a** and tried to speed up to make it more difficult or make me abort the turn. In my years of driving I’ve been in this situation many times with front wheel drive cars (lots of torque steer), rear wheel drive cars, and AWD cars. I’ve always faired better with an AWD car in this particular maneuver (trying to clear the intersection quickly). Well this was the first time I did it with my G. It was quite an experience I put the gas pedal down the car raised up slightly all four wheels chirped and the thing took off like a bat out hell while still maintaining complete control. Through the rear-view mirror, I could see the look of bewilderment on the driver trying stop me from turning he didn’t even get close. Like I said I’ve made that maneuver many times before but never with such sheer acceleration. I was smiling for while after that and went back to my leisurely driving. This car is amazing!

Kjs33233

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Reading this thread has me even more excited to become a G70 owner. I was dead set on a 3-series to replace my Q50 but while researching, came across the Genesis. After having negotiated the 3 series to a deal I was ready to agree on, something was telling me to drive the Genesis. It didn't take all but one block of driving to know immediately that it was such a better ride than the 3-series. Add in all of the additional options you get at the price point and it's a no brainer.

Gnarlly

Maryland
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have the 2.0T RWD 6MT Sport model. I love the tight handling, steering feel, sound system, layout of controls, quality of interior materials, and big fat red Brembo brakes. I test drove an Elite 3.3T AWD version before test driving the 2.0T 6MT, and the 2.0T 6MT felt so much lighter in comparison. Yes, the 3.3T AWD was a rocket flat-out, but the 2.0T RWD Sport felt so much nicer around the corners and in regular every-day style driving.

JB08

Oakville, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have the 2.0T RWD 6MT Sport model. I love the tight handling, steering feel, sound system, layout of controls, quality of interior materials, and big fat red Brembo brakes. I test drove an Elite 3.3T AWD version before test driving the 2.0T 6MT, and the 2.0T 6MT felt so much lighter in comparison. Yes, the 3.3T AWD was a rocket flat-out, but the 2.0T RWD Sport felt so much nicer around the corners and in regular every-day style driving.
My sentiment exactly. Nothing against the 3.3T AWD, but the 2.0T RWD is for me a better daily driver and city car. Very nimble in short spaces and with the lighter front end, the RWD and the PS4 it's a hoot in the corners. For long highway commutes, then the 3.3T might be the better choice (thought the lack of manual would still be an issue for me).

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Winnipeg
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ha ha, you two make the 3.3T sound like a barge!

The 3.3T AWD is massive fun and handles very well. A bit less nimble than the 2.0T but more planted. Full on AWD power drifts in winter.... Power on over-steer using drift mode in summer is huge fun!!

I guess it all depends on your flavor!

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I can only image how much more nimble the 6MT would feel compared to the V6. Even though my 2.0T Prestige is the heaviest 2.0T trim, I could feel how much heavier the 3.3T Sport felt around the tight track when I attended the Genesis event. But the V6 power can't be denied.
There's actually a Korean video review where the guy drives both on a proper race track and the 2.0T is only 1-2secs slower in overall time mostly because of the corner speeds. I'll keep looking to see if I can find that video again.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Found the video I was talking about. 3.3T vs 2.0T both 8AT and the track time plus the graphed analysis later:

There is a first part to this video that compares drag times and dynos as well. Not sure if the car was further tweaked for NA since this was KDM and in 2017 before it was released to us.

Michael_V

Registered Member
Bawstin, MA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It's definitely a small thing, but I really like getting into the cah and seeing all the "needles" at 6 o'clock. Someone took the time to layout the gauges to make it happen.

Kjs33233

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Bought the car last Friday, then went out of town until Wednesday evening.

Been driving this thing for two days, each turn of the ignition, each ride just keeps getting better and better.

Take notice of the pedestrians and other drivers doing double takes on your car, it happens frequently.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Bought the car last Friday, then went out of town until Wednesday evening.

Been driving this thing for two days, each turn of the ignition, each ride just keeps getting better and better.

Take notice of the pedestrians and other drivers doing double takes on your car, it happens frequently.
Guess what...I’ve had mine for 7 months...it doesn’t stop!!!

My M3...nope.
My S4...nope.

Etc, etc...love it!!!

Kjs33233

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Guess what...I’ve had mine for 7 months...it doesn’t stop!!!

My M3...nope.
My S4...nope.

Etc, etc...love it!!!
Since I first looked at the G70 about two weeks ago, I’ve paid attention to almost every car I’ve see on the road and have only seen two G70s. People just aren’t familiar with them yet.

I had a colleague stop me mid conversation this morning just outside my car and she looked at it and said “wow, that’s a beautiful car, what is that?”

She didn’t even know it was mine...

She didn’t know it was mine either, then I

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
Happy to say I’ve only seen one on the road a beautiful black one. It’s rare see one even in a very populated state like mine. I love it. Not that I don’t want to see them prosper but I’m enjoying the uniqueness of it for now.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I came to Genesis from a 2013 Volvo C70. I was concerned the technology would be a long learning curve, difficult to master and remember. After four days I have conquered much of it and the lesser issues will sort themselves with time. Intuitive, steering wheel controls come easily to hand, TFT screen works quickly without too many menus, easy to read and understand.

Ruissimo

Registered Member
Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I saw a gray one in Danbury, CT this week. The only other G70 I've seen on the road EVER was another gray one, a couple weeks ago in Middletown, NY!

I agree... exclusivity is nice.