• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Things you love about the G70

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I turned mine off (smart vent); but, I noticed that if you have the sunroof open (even just propped up) the car will automatically switch to outside air. You can turn on recirculated air, but after 2 minutes it will switch back to outside air. I read that part in the manual because I thought I was losing my mind. Not sure if that's what you're experiencing.
It happened again today, so experimenting with smart vent off, but the sunroof isn't my issue. I never use it

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Something I just found yesterday...

If you move your mirror switch away from the middle/neutral position, can be left or right, the mirrors lower when you reverse. I never keep the mirror switch like that so I had never noticed. I got a loaner for an oil change and it did so I experimented...

Neat.

jwd1

Registered Member
Houston
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Something I just found yesterday...

If you move your mirror switch away from the middle/neutral position, can be left or right, the mirrors lower when you reverse. I never keep the mirror switch like that so I had never noticed. I got a loaner for an oil change and it did so I experimented...

Neat.
Cool feature.

mrcleeaan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I love that there's not many around my side of town. Today one of my colleagues told me someone else had a car like mine in the parking lot. I said, oh that's my loaner. 😂

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
One of the things I enjoyed about my Genesis cars was you hardly saw any. I like that. Then gradually you started seeing them here and there on the road. I’m glad to say since the introduction of the G70 I’ve only seen one other a black one (wow) upstate north from me. The first time I saw one and I was mesmerized. I had read a lot about them but seeing it up close was something. That’s when I knew it was time for a trade-in.

SimpsonTide985

Registered Member
I don't have a Genesis yet but I love that there is only one dealer in the entire state that sells them. So, once I'm able to get one, I hope I'll be the only guy in town with a G70!

mrcleeaan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
How many here bought/leased a G70 before seeing one in the wild? Cars at dealer only? I have been looking for six months and still not seen one. Leased a month ago.
Only seen them at the dealership. Funny thing is, I finally saw one on the road on the same day I was heading to pick mine up.

Teller2

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I love that there is a MT offered. It seems that just about everyone else is phasing them out in higher-end sedans.

COToad

Finally a G70 owner!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
How many here bought/leased a G70 before seeing one in the wild? Cars at dealer only? I have been looking for six months and still not seen one. Leased a month ago.
Had mine before dealers in Colorado had inventory. Still waiting to see another in Colorado besides at the dealership. several Stingers in my area and have driven up to a couple of them, appears the owners know nothing about the G70.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Winnipeg
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Is it just me or... constantly looking for reasons to take my G70 for a drive.
Will this wear off, I’ve had it for 2 months now.
Also have this “need to wax & polish” thing going on.
Sitting here right now planning my trip to pick up "important items". Just have to come up with the list - lol

On my last outing like this I met another car guy who said "Nice Maserati"

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Is it just me or... constantly looking for reasons to take my G70 for a drive.
Will this wear off, I’ve had it for 2 months now.
Also have this “need to wax & polish” thing going on.
I still look for any excuse to take my G70 out for a spin. Maybe its because it's the nicest car in our house, but even if I don't want to drive, I'd rather have my dad/brother drive us all in my car than take one of the others out to dinner (or wherever)

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums