Type of bulbs for rear reverse and turn signal

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I like how the Middle Eastern models have the reflectors in the middle section of the lower bumper!

Thread starter #29

Dart22

KUWAIT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I shot a short video of the turn signal in day light، afrer shoting the video both LED bulbs stopped blinking.. and i got a warning in the instrument cluster...
So it's back to the incandescent bulbs😔

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I shot a short video of the turn signal in day light، afrer shoting the video both LED bulbs stopped blinking.. and i got a warning in the instrument cluster...
Oh no!!! Hopefully you didn’t pay too much. It’s Amazon...so just return everything.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
What a shame. I read the reviews and some people had the same problem, they stopped working after a few days. Amazon should pay you back. Maybe another brand of bulbs last longer than those. We have to do a research.

Thread starter #32

Dart22

KUWAIT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What a shame. I read the reviews and some people had the same problem, they stopped working after a few days. Amazon should pay you back. Maybe another brand of bulbs last longer than those. We have to do a research.
I have some osram led lights coming by the end of the month.. I'll ubdate when it happens.. with a before and after video

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Agree on the research. It would be good to know why they are not LED from the factory. Is it just a cost saving or is there a real electronics situation that makes them impractical for some odd reason?

Toddasaurus

Hasn't posted much yet...
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Damn.... I was so pumped on those!!!

Like others said above, I'm hoping it's just the brand of bulbs that are the culprit. Let us know if you end up getting any others. In the meantime I'll try and dig up some info as well.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Winnipeg
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Agree on the research. It would be good to know why they are not LED from the factory. Is it just a cost saving or is there a real electronics situation that makes them impractical for some odd reason?
I've read this is a safety thing. The idea being that incandescent bulbs produce heat and melt snow from the taillights. LED's don't. Important to see brake lights when they are on!

Not sure if this is why but I can see it making sense for parts of the North American market. Would genesis then just standardize across all for mass production?

Pure speculation on my part.

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
That makes no sense at all. A majority of all new cars have LED taillights now. Plus, incandescent turn signal bulbs would never have a chance to get hot enough to melt anything being that they are encased in a gian headlight assembly, oh and they just blink on off and don't stay on steadily while you drive.

surprisinguy

Registered Member
NC
Genesis Model Type
Any vehicle I've ever bought in the last few years (5+) I've replaced halogen lighting with the brightest LEDs I can find. Some of the older cars require me using resistors, which I've used. The lighting afterwards is completely worth the extra cost, which is usually minimal.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Any vehicle I've ever bought in the last few years (5+) I've replaced halogen lighting with the brightest LEDs I can find. Some of the older cars require me using resistors, which I've used. The lighting afterwards is completely worth the extra cost, which is usually minimal.
Which resistorless bulbs would you recommend for the G70?

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Winnipeg
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.