Type of bulbs for rear reverse and turn signal

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just finished my LED turn and reverse light install. I'll post a new thread with videos showing a comparison between stock and LED at the same time. Long story short - I LOVE them. The turn signal is much brighter, I don't think it's too bright, but if it were any brighter it would be, haha. I personally think it's perfect. The reverse lights are a tiny bit brighter, but mostly MUCH whiter. I got a video showing that comparison as well.

New thread incoming.

FireResQ337

Orange County, New York
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I know it’s been a while since this thread was active, but I’m having trouble figuring out which rear turn signal bulb is correct for my 2020 G70 3.3T Sport...

The manual says P27W (3156 or 3157)

But...

a few people in this thread mention using P21W (1156) and I watched a few people do installs on YouTube and this is definitely the bulb that was used, but I believe it was on a 2019 model. This is a completely different socket than the one mentioned above.

Did the rear turn signal bulb change between 2019 and 2020? I’m trying to figure this out before I pop out the assembly, so I can change them all at once.

Sztiglitz

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just ordered new rear turn signal LED's and reverse LED's. Once I get them I'll post an install how-to, also a side-by-side video comparison between stock and LED.

Getting them from Amazon....
Rear Turn Signals: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CMT1Q6Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reverse Lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079M2QPPL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
the reverse light link leads to apple adapter like product would you have a link to actual lights?

FireResQ337

Orange County, New York
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I know it’s been a while since this thread was active, but I’m having trouble figuring out which rear turn signal bulb is correct for my 2020 G70 3.3T Sport...

The manual says P27W (3156 or 3157)

But...

a few people in this thread mention using P21W (1156) and I watched a few people do installs on YouTube and this is definitely the bulb that was used, but I believe it was on a 2019 model. This is a completely different socket than the one mentioned above.

Did the rear turn signal bulb change between 2019 and 2020? I’m trying to figure this out before I pop out the assembly, so I can change them all at once.
In the end, the 2020 G70 manual is wrong and has a typo for the rear turn signal bulb. The correct bulb is P21W, not P27W. 🤦🏻‍♂️

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners