US dealers who actually have the G70 available for sale.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
You live in rural Colorado, or any state, you get used to things not being right beside you. It is almost 20 minutes to go to the grocery store.
Well...there's your solution. Go to the grocery store...Genesis will pick your car up there and leave you a loaner. Get your milk and eggs...and head on home. When your car is ready...meet them back there...and pick up the dog food.

I guess you are still off by 9 miles...but you could haggle that one !!

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Well...there's your solution. Go to the grocery store...Genesis will pick your car up there and leave you a loaner. Get your milk and eggs...and head on home. When your car is ready...meet them back there...and pick up the dog food.

I guess you are still off by 9 miles...but you could haggle that one !!
Actually I have thought of something similar since they will drop off and pick up anywhere. I could drive 30 miles or so towards than and do the exchanges at a store, parking lot, etc.

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Looks like Centennial Genesis in Las Vegas Nevada may have some cars in stock now. Got an email from a salesman asking when I'd like to take a test drive. Nice.
Good news!!

I’ve been in touch with Henderson Genesis. Hope they have different ownership so we can benefit from some free market competition.

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Anyone seen any Siberian Ice yet?

I realize these car.com listings are subject to errror. Garbage in; garbage out. Most dealers’ is websites seem to be pretty unreliable.

Mostly white, then red, then blue.

With 2.0T, 3.3T, AWD, RWD, all the trims and ext and int colors, chance of hitting on one’s favorite combo is tough with only 57 cars. Until we have the configuerator, it’s hard to know exactly how many actual combos there are. Starting with the 2 launch editions plus manual x 8 colors = 10; the there could be as many as: 2.0T x awd v rwd x 5 trims x 8 colors = 90 plus 3.3T x awd v rwd x 4 trims x 8 colors = 64 adding back in the 90, that’s 154 combos??

Help we need the configurator...my head is blowing a gasket here. 🤯🤯🤯

Attachments

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
There has been a few out there. Beefer is looking for one with gray stitching, so far only red has appeared. Except for the one they had for the Genesis photo shoot.
I’m on the fence with the seats. The red stiching looked better in person than I expected. I actually like the non-stictched black Nappa seats in the Prestige trim the best. Not sure if the seats are more important than the adaptive suspension and dark chrome. Alex on Auto suggested that the regular suspension with the LSD was sufficient.

Beefer

Richmond, VA
So...a thought. We have ~60 cars out there...mind you like 4 or 5 dealerships. They are not selling. I think 3-4 have been sold?

Nobody is moving off MSRP. How long do you think that will last? Remember...dealers already paid for these cars...they will have to move them at some point. Since 99.9999999% of the population has no clue what a G70 is...nor will they with the lack of advertisement, fubar'd website, etc...they will simply sit.

I give it another 2 weeks before these dealers start freaking out a bit...and are willing to negotiate.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I give it another 2 weeks before these dealers start freaking out a bit...and are willing to negotiate.
It never hurts to try but I would think it may be a. few months yet. Once the majority of states have dealerships then they may be more willing. Even though it is just sitting there, them holding out for MSRP for 2 months may be worth more to them than discounting $1k now to get rid of it. All depends on carrying cost, ROI, etc.

Beefer

Richmond, VA
I’m on the fence with the seats. The red stiching looked better in person than I expected. I actually like the non-stictched black Nappa seats in the Prestige trim the best. Not sure if the seats are more important than the adaptive suspension and dark chrome. Alex on Auto suggested that the regular suspension with the LSD was sufficient.
Here is a Havana Red 3.3T Sport AWD...and oddly enough with the gray stitching !!! Love the seats...

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/750610166/overview/

If I wanted the red...this would be in my garage already :) Hot car.

The Havana Red Design Edition in Alexandria (with $5k markup) has red stitching.

Last edited:

Dpaulc

Registered Member
Here is a Havana Red 3.3T Sport AWD...and oddly enough with the gray stitching !!! Love the seats...

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/750610166/overview/

If I wanted the red...this would be in my garage already :) Hot car.

The Havana Red Design Edition in Alexandria (with $5k markup) has red stitching.
Looking for this exact car but in Mallorca Blue. I'm being patient though, not that I have a choice at this stage in roll out.

Beefer

Richmond, VA
I have found my ideal car with the right color combo, but I can't purchase it just yet.

Waiting for the employee discount to kick in... =)
You’ll be waiting a loooong time...and most likely lose the car. Few grand will kill the deal for you?

Beefer

Richmond, VA
It is a lot more than a few grand.
Are you talking about the programs that some employers have to get discounts off MSRP? Almost like Costco Auto? Or are you an employee of Hyundai/Genesis and getting a true employee discount?

If it is just a program that your employer offers...it is not alot...couple of grand...tops three. To add...every dealer that has them now is not honoring any of those...and they don't have to.

If you are a true employee...yeah...discounts can get nice and tasty.

ACCHRM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
It is a lot more than a few grand.
Curious on how much more? Interesting what type of factory mark up different brands have. I purchased a 26k Chevy 2 years ago, my employee discount from MSRP was barelly $2,300. A year later I purchased my Camaro, at 46k MSRP, my employee price was 42k. Would you share how much approximately that would be? (excluding any available rebates of course)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.