We Brought the Korean version of Full LED HID lights

srobak

Supporting Member
Chicagoland
Cool - sorry I had read it earlier. :)

If you get the chance to do a side-by-side vs. another g2/80 with the light pattern down the street, I am sure others will appreciate as much as me. :)

Thanks again!

MadCat

Registered Member
Brooklyn, NY
Cool - sorry I had read it earlier. :)

If you get the chance to do a side-by-side vs. another g2/80 with the light pattern down the street, I am sure others will appreciate as much as me. :)

Thanks again!
I dont know anybody in NY with DH/G80 :( But if somebody wants to come feel free haha

veustache

Hasn't posted much yet...
Hello guys newbie here! I have the 2015 genesis and im coming from an infiniti and i must say theres a huge difference in lighting between the two. I guess im stuck with the stock headlights since these korean led will not work.

AustinTX

Registered Member
Austin, TX
Hello guys newbie here! I have the 2015 genesis and im coming from an infiniti and i must say theres a huge difference in lighting between the two. I guess im stuck with the stock headlights since these korean led will not work.
Like lobsenza said, it seems that most Genesii (Genesises, Genesis', ???) have their headlights set too low from the factory. There's a thread on there forum about that issue (http://genesisowners.com/hyundai-genesis-forum/showthread.php?17113-Low-beam-headlight-adjustment). Apparently you can DIY a fix, but I had mine adjusted at the dealership service department at no charge.

The Genesis does not provide adaptive lighting, i.e. the ability to turn the headlights with the steering angle. I found that to be surprising (not in a good way) for a $50,000 luxury car.

veustache

Yes I've adjusted them upwards a bit which made a huge difference but man do i want those full led korean lights. Im surprised no one here has come up with a way to make it work on the 15 gens. For the price this car should've come with adaptive lights. My infiniti had adaptive and way brighter lights but i still love the car despite that.

MadCat

Registered Member
Brooklyn, NY
They work, you just need to keep them always ON or manually switch from DRL to ON.

veustache

So you're saying i can still grab the korean led's for my 2015 genesis but on the light switch i have to keep it on at all times or do it manually?

Uchiha madara

Registered Member
Oh ok so you lose the automatic turn on once you install these lights
yes

- - - Updated - - -

I wanna say congratulations that we finally got the G80 in Saudi Arabia came OEM with those Full LED lights

and the turn lights are working so i will rent one for a month and i will open the HID lights to see the diagram of the system and i will figure out how its working and what it needs and i will inform you about it

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.