• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

What’s with all the new “used” red ones I’m seeing for sale everywhere?

Comrade904

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I bought a Havanna Red last year that was used with 7 miles on it. The previous owner was listed as Hyundai. I was told they had problems matching the color on the bumpers so they pulled them and resprayed. I was told it came with the 100k warranty but nothing else, but I called Genesis and asked them to verify what it was supposed to have and confirm the 100k warranty and they activated everything including the 36k complementary service and Valet. YYMV

Mr.Issaburn3r

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’ve probably seen 10 Havana Red fully loaded G70s for sale around the $40,000 mark and they have delivery miles (under 75 miles) yet they’re classified as used. Has anyone bought one of these or can tell me what the deal is? Seems like a great deal. Thank you
I recently bought this under 100 miles and it was marked as used. They told me it was used as a show car that’s why it was marked as used and had a reduced price. I have the elite 2.0t version

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
I recently bought this under 100 miles and it was marked as used. They told me it was used as a show car that’s why it was marked as used and had a reduced price. I have the elite 2.0t version
Make sure to review Comrade904's post should be of interest.

fonzo888

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I bought a Havanna Red last year that was used with 7 miles on it. The previous owner was listed as Hyundai. I was told they had problems matching the color on the bumpers so they pulled them and resprayed. I was told it came with the 100k warranty but nothing else, but I called Genesis and asked them to verify what it was supposed to have and confirm the 100k warranty and they activated everything including the 36k complementary service and Valet. YYMV
I called and tried this too. Just needed to send some docs over and they said I would activate valet and connect when it is verified. Will post when confirmed

warped38

Hasn't posted much yet...
Were you required to send in any docs? If so, what did they ask for? I purchased one of the discounted Dynamic Editions and called Genesis support with the same question...couldn't get any help from them.

fonzo888

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Were you required to send in any docs? If so, what did they ask for? I purchased one of the discounted Dynamic Editions and called Genesis support with the same question...couldn't get any help from them.
See my reply post #26 above. I called and said I was calling to verify what warranties I had with the car since I bought it "used". They checked VIN and verified that the original owner was Hyundai. Since this was the case, they could make a change in registration to me as original owner with all warranties that come with buying new. I had to send copy of bill of sale, driver's license and insurance card.

warped38

Hasn't posted much yet...
See my reply post #26 above. I called and said I was calling to verify what warranties I had with the car since I bought it "used". They checked VIN and verified that the original owner was Hyundai. Since this was the case, they could make a change in registration to me as original owner with all warranties that come with buying new. I had to send copy of bill of sale, driver's license and insurance card.
Thanks, I'll give it another shot.

fonzo888

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I called and tried this too. Just needed to send some docs over and they said I would activate valet and connect when it is verified. Will post when confirmed
After a few days I got notified that I could register my car online for Genesis Connect. I can confirm that I get the remainder of the 3 years, about 26 months left. They said it could take up to 30 days for the rest of the stuff to transfer.

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
After a few days I got notified that I could register my car online for Genesis Connect. I can confirm that I get the remainder of the 3 years, about 26 months left. They said it could take up to 30 days for the rest of the stuff to transfer.
And you wound up with a beautiful red G70...life is good.

fonzo888

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I called for the same thing and they also asked for a copy of the title. Were you asked for that as well?
Yes, but since I haven't received it yet I sent over the application for certificate of title that was filled out from dealer.

fonzo888

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Went to local dealer to pick up 2nd key fob that was missing from my out of state purchase, when they looked up my VIN it shows that I have FULL Warranty since original build date. 🙌🙌 20200327_021046.jpg

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums