What’s with all the new “used” red ones I’m seeing for sale everywhere?

jkwrangle

Genesis G70
I just scooped one of these up yesterday.

On Monday I test drove a 2020 3.3 AWD Sport in Mallorca Blue. Dealer wanted $50k to finance, $47k to lease.
On Tuesday I noticed a different dealer had three 2019 3.3T AWD Sports in red posted on the genesis certified site. All 3 with less than 50 miles and posted for around $37 - 38k being sold as "pre-owned" certified.
On Thursday I made the journey and drove off with one for $36900.
While the finance guy was doing his thing I met a guy who arrived like 2 hours after me and said he was there to snatch up the second basically sight unseen. I'm not sure he did tho because it's still posted on the site.
The third one had a "Hold" sign sitting on the dash when I first got there. When I drove off the third guy had arrived and was checking it out.

Today (Friday) I call genesis and ask about being put down as the original owner so that I can get all the original warranties and other perks. They say no problem, and email me asking to provide:

- Original Vehicle Purchase Agreement or Bill of Sale

- Certificate of Title or Application for Certificate of Title

- Odometer Statement from time of purchase

Once reviewed and approved, they say all the original warranties and benefits go into effect and as long as the vehicle has less than 500 miles its not a problem. Mine had 70 when I drove off the lot. They say the car was originally titled to "Genesis of America" so maybe that makes things easier?

While Havana Red wasn't my first choice, the deal seemed too good to pass on, especially since its possible to get all the original new genesis warranties and goodies. I would recommend keeping an eye on the certified site - the first time I visit the page there were three 6cyl's posted, 2 days later only the 1 is left and also a few 2.0's in different trims for around 32-35k with less than 50 miles...

RonE_RRTX

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUSTAINING MEMBER

On Monday I test drove a 2020 3.3 AWD Sport in Mallorca Blue. Dealer wanted $50k to finance, $47k to lease.
On Tuesday I noticed a different dealer had three 2019 3.3T AWD Sports in red posted on the genesis certified site. All 3 with less than 50 miles and posted for around $37 - 38k being sold as "pre-owned" certified.
While the finance guy was doing his thing I met a guy who arrived like 2 hours after me and said he was there to snatch up the second basically sight unseen. I'm not sure he did tho because it's still posted on the site.
The third one had a "Hold" sign sitting on the dash when I first got there. When I drove off the third guy had arrived and was checking it out.

Today (Friday) I call genesis and ask about being put down as the original owner so that I can get all the original warranties and other perks. They say no problem, and email me asking to provide:

Once reviewed and approved, they say all the original warranties and benefits go into effect and as long as the vehicle has less than 500 miles its not a problem. Mine had 70 when I drove off the lot. They say the car was originally titled to "Genesis of America" so maybe that makes things easier?

While Havana Red wasn't my first choice, the deal seemed too good to pass on, especially since its possible to get all the original new genesis warranties and goodies. I would recommend keeping an eye on the certified site - the first time I visit the page there were three 6cyl's posted, 2 days later only the 1 is left and also a few 2.0's in different trims for around 32-35k with less than 50 miles...

Great to hear that Genesis gave you all the warranties! I called them on mine and they refused. Their reasoning was that my car had been "repaired", but could not tell me any details. Mine had 86 miles on the odometer at purchase time.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis G80
That's nuts, you should get the warranty.

RonE_RRTX

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
That's nuts, you should get the warranty.
Sorry - let me correct this. They would not give me the concierge service with the free oil changes.

videopho

Huey Gunner
DFW TX
Genesis G70
Sorry - let me correct this. They would not give me the concierge service with the free oil changes.
Did they give the remaining 10/100k warranty and the original ownership reinstated?
I'd call them again and buck them about the concierge service and the free oil changes for three years starting the date of delivery.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis G80
Especially with under 100 mi on the car, I think that's about what mine had (75?) delivered new.

Last edited:

adb280z

No Genesis Yet!

Looks like you got it from Genesis of Wayne. That’s where I was shopping, who did you deal with there? I wasn’t really thrilled with them but we like the car/deal so I’m thinking of going back.

jkwrangle

Genesis G70
Looks like you got it from Genesis of Wayne. That’s where I was shopping, who did you deal with there? I wasn’t really thrilled with them but we like the car/deal so I’m thinking of going back.
Basically had the same experience. It's definitely a high-volume Hyundai dealership first. I dealt with a few people all of whom didn't really seem to give a damn about me or selling a car. As best I could tell there was only one Genesis person there and she was the online sales rep. The others are Hyundai people just going through motions and you could tell they were fed up with, well basically everything. One of the guys even got confrontational with someone over monthlies on a Sonata (I think) so he just left.
Once they realized I was serious about wanting to make a deal on the spot it went smoothly enough I guess and I left with what I wanted for the price I wanted but the process was basically some kid shuttling offers between myself and some unknown person elsewhere.. I guess confirm the VIN of the car your looking at qualifies with Genesis for their warranty stuff and don't bother with the preowned cert jazz they'll try to push on you.
I just wanted to get the car and get out of there and not deal with them anymore. There's a much more local Genesis dealer I'll be working with for service and warranty stuff and look forward to not going back up there. I'm not sure I would want to deal with them if they were my only choice for service and warranty work tbh..

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums