• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

What things don't you like in the G70?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I agree 1000% ! Worst auto wipers i have ever experienced , for me though my windshield has to be like looking through a waterfall before they kick in
There is a sensor near the mirror that controls them. If it has a coating on the windshield, such as Rain-X, it may not work properly. Mine work fine set about the middle.

Buckdes

Getting familiar with the group...
There is a sensor near the mirror that controls them. If it has a coating on the windshield, such as Rain-X, it may not work properly. Mine work fine set about the middle.
Thanks for the info , no coating here and i have the sensitivity set to max

Bastiat

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have a 3.3T RWD.
1. Gas mileage
2. Trunk space smaller than my old BMW 3
3. Back seat leg room a little cramped.
4. Park button placement

Not a huge deal, as I knew about 1-3 going in. 4 is just an annoyance that I'm getting used to.

MRJONG

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Mine is wack.
Mine is wack too. Haven't put anything on my windshield and sometimes during light rain my wipers will go turbo mode for a few seconds and then go back to normal speed. Really wish there was just an intermittent mode you could change the speed on. The "lo" mode is still crazy fast and the "hi" is ridiculous.

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Had rain on the way in today and wipers seemed fine--so hope the "wack wipers" are isolated.

Question on heated steering wheel--mine is not very hot and the lower 1/2 of the steering wheel seems to have no heat at all (only the top). Is that the norm?

MRJONG

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Had rain on the way in today and wipers seemed fine--so hope the "wack wipers" are isolated.

Question on heated steering wheel--mine is not very hot and the lower 1/2 of the steering wheel seems to have no heat at all (only the top). Is that the norm?
I usually only have the issue when the rain is pretty light, if it's raining hard then auto mode seems to work well.

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
On the plus side, the auto breaking thing seems to work well.

On the down side it'll apparently kick in when I'm cutting close to passing a stopped car in front of me lol. I was half way out of the lane when it started beeping because there was a car ahead then breaked mid merge which made me think I was gonna get rear ended.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
On the plus side, the auto breaking thing seems to work well.

On the down side it'll apparently kick in when I'm cutting close to passing a stopped car in front of me lol. I was half way out of the lane when it started beeping because there was a car ahead then breaked mid merge which made me think I was gonna get rear ended.
I drove like that when I was a teenager, not so much now.

Buckdes

Getting familiar with the group...
I drove like that when I was a teenager, not so much now.
This same thing happened to me , i actually liked it as i was wondering how to test this feature lol

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Edmonton, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I want a big foam bumper to run into like they use on MotorWeek.
Haha, I've tested that feature before. It's a little disconcerting when you are intentionally driving towards something and hoping for the automatic braking to kick in but it does work.

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Agreed about back seat room being a bit cramped, but really it’s the foot room under the seat (or lack thereof) that makes it uncomfortable.

Probably the only other “wish it were different” (not strong enough to be a dislike) is the fuel filler door being made of plastic. Wish it were metal or better finished and a little more substantial feeling. But it does the job and looks fine on the outside, so not worth complaining about too much.

Absintheuphoria

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
-Coasting not always engaging, even when going downhill in Eco at 50+ mph.
-^... this then leads to the "meh" fuel economy. It compares to my Santa Fe and other Genesis and Equus, but I've also had the Sonata Hybrid.
-The Parking Brake button. Even after a couple of months owning this I still hesitate on what to do when I park. Thankfully the Ignition also puts it in Park...
-The hood is maybe 3/8" higher than the front fascia. Only a minor annoyance because I see it when I'm washing the car
-The cup holders. I don't recommend using cheap styrofoam cups of soda or coffee in these- Feel like they'll punch a hole in the sides.
-the wheel gap in the AWD model is meh, but I guess it's needed.
-Taillights. Surprised they didn't continue with the Genesis (G80) styling.

Slowerthanslow

Registered Member
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Agreed about back seat room being a bit cramped, but really it’s the foot room under the seat (or lack thereof) that makes it uncomfortable.

Probably the only other “wish it were different” (not strong enough to be a dislike) is the fuel filler door being made of plastic. Wish it were metal or better finished and a little more substantial feeling. But it does the job and looks fine on the outside, so not worth complaining about too much.
I agree that fuel door feels cheap, along with the fuel tank cap. I also think the turn signal and wiper stalks are surprisingly low-quality in a car where the rest of the interior (especially other knobs and buttons) is so nice. Mine have pretty rough seams left over from the separate-parts manufacturing. hate to say it, but in my old Mercedes those stalks (which I'm pretty sure were one-piece, not two pieces glued together as in the G70) feel really solid.

I dearly wish the $80 (!) that went for the two foot piece of translucent plastic called the "rear bumper appliqué" and the $70 (!) that went for the two tiny plastic "mudguards" had gone instead to buy better quality turn and wiper stalks. Why don't they ever make these absurd extras they hit you with pay for something that's actually of value? (I know why... you don't need to tell me... it's a jungle out there... believe me I am thankful to have a car this good and reliable at this price...)

Last edited: