• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

What things don't you like in the G70?

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
-Coasting not always engaging, even when going downhill in Eco at 50+ mph.
-^... this then leads to the "meh" fuel economy. It compares to my Santa Fe and other Genesis and Equus, but I've also had the Sonata Hybrid.
-The Parking Brake button. Even after a couple of months owning this I still hesitate on what to do when I park. Thankfully the Ignition also puts it in Park...
-The hood is maybe 3/8" higher than the front fascia. Only a minor annoyance because I see it when I'm washing the car
-The cup holders. I don't recommend using cheap styrofoam cups of soda or coffee in these- Feel like they'll punch a hole in the sides.
-the wheel gap in the AWD model is meh, but I guess it's needed.
-Taillights. Surprised they didn't continue with the Genesis (G80) styling.
Coasting only works in certain circumstances. Elevation is one of it. Too much of an incline and too much of a decline doesn't activate it.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Winnipeg
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Coasting only works in certain circumstances. Elevation is one of it. Too much of an incline and too much of a decline doesn't activate it.
What I don't like about the G70 is this thread of complainers! lol

Genesis hit it out of the park with this car! We really couldn't ask for more, could we??

I'm not really calling anyone out here but we should appreciate such an awesome machine!!

Absintheuphoria

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What I don't like about the G70 is this thread of complainers! lol

Genesis hit it out of the park with this car! We really couldn't ask for more, could we??

I'm not really calling anyone out here but we should appreciate such an awesome machine!!
Oh no, it's an amazing car, especially for the first model. I mean, out of all of the so called 1st Gens of any series this is f@_-#-# amazing.

Slowerthanslow

Registered Member
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It’s a great car! But... there is definitely some funkiness with the sound system/infotainment. Music playback gets interrupted a little bit when changing settings (for instance, changing the drive mode — which triggers a notification on the screen). I’ve had some static enter into music playing — something which was mentioned in one of the reviews I watched on Youtube — when going from a phone call back to music. (I’ve been able to solve those problems by turning the audio system off, then back on.)

And two nights after I got mine the sound system hit some sort of glitch and started producing a steady, loud, static tone — like the old emergency broadcast warning that you used to hear years ago tested on TV once in a while (if you’re old enough for that). Turning the audio system on and off didn’t help. Disconnecting my phone from USB didn’t help. Finally at a stop light I turned the car completely off, then back on again, and the sound stopped. Glad I didn’t have to listen to that sound for the ride back home!

Slowerthanslow

Registered Member
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Huh. iPhone only issue perhaps? You guys on Android? Anyway, a look around the forums will suggest a lot of people have issues with sound and/or phones, but perhaps it's just a glitch in my car. If it happens another time or two I'll talk to the dealer...

Meanwhile it's this review (Kelly Blue Book on Youtube) I was referring to where the reviewer mentions that there are reports of static on phone calls...

Last edited:

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I finally found a few grips about my car. My main gripe is the lack of storage space. I'm not one to keep stuff in the door pockets, so the minimal space in the center console and near the phone charger is a tad annoying. I've also noticed the padding on the center arm isn't very thick/plush, so it's a bit hard on my bony elbows. My last complaint is I don't have enough excuses to drive it ;)

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
All of the below are inconsequential and just monor gripes in the spirit of this thread...

I'll second or third anyone who says lack of storage.

I miss the ability to use voice commands to control the USB, e.g. "Play Megadeth. Browse Pearl Jam"

I miss the lock button the trunk. A lot of cars, including my Alfa, have a lock all doors button next to the trunk open.

I miss the walk away and the car locks, like Mazda and a few others.

I miss the auto parking brake set. I know if you have the auto hold on it'll do but you gotta set that every time.

Headrests that move forward would be nice.

I miss the AC auto controlling the recirculation.

On the Alfa the passenger had their own temperature and vent control, very nice.

I miss the ability to flag a song or artist on the XM and have the system alert me if either came on.

I'm not in love with the color or GUI of the entertainment system. For example, cabin temp setting should be persistent. It works well but looks "low class".

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
All of the below are inconsequential and just monor gripes in the spirit of this thread...

I'll second or third anyone who says lack of storage.

I miss the ability to use voice commands to control the USB, e.g. "Play Megadeth. Browse Pearl Jam"

I miss the lock button the trunk. A lot of cars, including my Alfa, have a lock all doors button next to the trunk open.

I miss the walk away and the car locks, like Mazda and a few others.

I miss the auto parking brake set. I know if you have the auto hold on it'll do but you gotta set that every time.

Headrests that move forward would be nice.

I miss the AC auto controlling the recirculation.

On the Alfa the passenger had their own temperature and vent control, very nice.

I miss the ability to flag a song or artist on the XM and have the system alert me if either came on.

I'm not in love with the color or GUI of the entertainment system. For example, cabin temp setting should be persistent. It works well but looks "low class".
AC auto Recirculation is available. You have to set it in the Climate Control section.

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
AC auto Recirculation is available. You have to set it in the Climate Control section.
????Where??? I've looked. I saw the SMART Ventilation but that had to do with the system being off.

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Maybe it does...but I've only ever seen it flip to RECIRC when you put the AC to low.

"1. Press the AUTO button.The modes, fan speeds, air intakeand air-conditioning will be controlledautomatically by the temperature set-ting you select. "

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thought of one more thing...

The USB in the center console should also be data. This way I can put my USB drive in the console and never touch it again. Then if I want to use AA or CarPlay I don't have to unplug my USB every time. This is super silly and pointless.

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thought of one more thing...

The USB in the center console should also be data. This way I can put my USB drive in the console and never touch it again. Then if I want to use AA or CarPlay I don't have to unplug my USB every time. This is super silly and pointless.
I think that was a huge oversight on the part of Genesis.

Buckdes

Getting familiar with the group...
Yeah, I mean what if I wanted to plug an iPod in...I'd have to put it where my phone goes so I couldn't use the Qi charger.

For a tech laden car this is almost inexcusable.
Agreed , this is annoying for sure , i had to buy a little 3 inch cable for my phone lol