• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

What things don't you like in the G70?

FastEddie

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Being in Insurance, they wouldn’t cover the liability to other property or people if it was stolen and hit another car/property or a person. It would cover damage to your car under comprehensive.
Yes I agree. I too work in insurance as a field adjuster and the car would be be covered for damage to your car if recovered or the actual cash value if stolen and not recovered.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Does his insurer know, today, if his car is listed with a branded title, correctly or incorrectly?
Perhaps more to the point, does everything spring from the title status? If so then the insurer is just another party to be set right after things have been corrected.

16UltV6Guy

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Jacksonville, FL
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I believe some insurance companies don't cover it as a stolen car if it was left running or even if the keys were left in it.
Being in Insurance, they wouldn’t cover the liability to other property or people if it was stolen and hit another car/property or a person. It would cover damage to your car under comprehensive.
Yes I agree. I too work in insurance as a field adjuster and the car would be be covered for damage to your car if recovered or the actual cash value if stolen and not recovered.
Thanks for clarifying that and setting the record straight.

TXcarguy

Registered Member
DFW area TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just this is a minor pet peeve... I set up my radio stations in sequential order.
If you are in radio view mode, the down control on the steering wheel moves the radio stations “up”. If you are at the home screen, the down control moves the radio stations “down”. The software sequence should be the same...

MRJONG

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just this is a minor pet peeve... I set up my radio stations in sequential order.
If you are in radio view mode, the down control on the steering wheel moves the radio stations “up”. If you are at the home screen, the down control moves the radio stations “down”. The software sequence should be the same...
That's been mentioned a couple times but this reply makes sense to me

addysdaddy

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Minor irritations for me include:
  • cannot reset memory seat position on the fly, must be in park.
  • no unlock sensor, must touch button to open car or use key
  • prefer info screen to be integrated into dash (see G80) as opposed to sitting on top and should be slightly larger
  • no drag and drop functionality to reorder SAT radio stations

Pepper

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Minor irritations for me include:
  • cannot reset memory seat position on the fly, must be in park.
  • no unlock sensor, must touch button to open car or use key
  • prefer info screen to be integrated into dash (see G80) as opposed to sitting on top and should be slightly larger
  • no drag and drop functionality to reorder SAT radio stations
I just updated map and am having trouble placing sd/map cover back on. Anyone have quick tips to reinstalling cover, doesn't want to click back in.

Cereal Box

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It's actually a heavy car. It's one of the "top safety picks +" according to the IIHS but I wonder what might have been if they weren't chasing that. However you can't lose when it comes to safety

The dash screen is actually big and the digital speed should always be displayed and not just on its own menue.

The trunk, fuel door, shifter and parking break are all electronic. Wish they kept it simpler because I enjoy "the turning on/off ritual" more on my Accord and they all have the potential to break.

The car likes to upshipt a lot when I'm putting around town. It slows down very quickly when I let go of the gas but it something that I can get used to

The 3.3 can only be offered with a sunroof where I live and I know I'll never use it.

These are all my nitpicks. Otherwise I really enjoy driving the car and taking the longer way home.

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It's actually a heavy car. It's one of the "top safety picks +" according to the IIHS but I wonder what might have been if they weren't chasing that. However you can't lose when it comes to safety

The car likes to upshipt a lot when I'm putting around town. It slows down very quickly when I let go of the gas but it something that I can get used to

The 3.3 can only be offered with a sunroof where I live and I know I'll never use it.
It's actually a heavy car. It's one of the "top safety picks +" according to the IIHS but I wonder what might have been if they weren't chasing that. However you can't lose when it comes to safety - yea...they dont add weight to improve safety. Its a heavy car because of the all features in it

The car likes to upshipt a lot when I'm putting around town. It slows down very quickly when I let go of the gas but it something that I can get used to - are you using sport mode? comfort and eco want to upshift right away to save you gas

The 3.3 can only be offered with a sunroof where I live and I know I'll never use it. - really? where do you live?

Cereal Box

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It's actually a heavy car. It's one of the "top safety picks +" according to the IIHS but I wonder what might have been if they weren't chasing that. However you can't lose when it comes to safety - yea...they dont add weight to improve safety. Its a heavy car because of the all features in it

The car likes to upshipt a lot when I'm putting around town. It slows down very quickly when I let go of the gas but it something that I can get used to - are you using sport mode? comfort and eco want to upshift right away to save you gas

The 3.3 can only be offered with a sunroof where I live and I know I'll never use it. - really? where do you live?

It's still heavy though, but I still bought the car. The shifting is smooth but driving slowly in comfort makes the car upshift (go to a higher gesr) a lot compared to old 6 speed. I could get used to that.

I never use my sunrrof either but that's because I'm OCD about dust/dirt in the car.
I live in Saudi Arabia. It's hot and dusty all year long and I don't care to use it he one or two months of the year when the weather is nice

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It's still heavy though, but I still bought the car. The shifting is smooth but driving slowly in comfort makes the car upshift (go to a higher gesr) a lot compared to old 6 speed. I could get used to that.

I live in Saudi Arabia. It's hot and dusty all year long and I don't care to use it he one or two months of the year when the weather is nice
Just switch over to sport as soon as you start it up. Wow that the Saudis don’t get an option without a sunroof, that’s crazy

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
i never used in in CT and still don't use it in FL. I never put windows down either. Climate control allows everything to be closed, quiet, comfortable. A couple of time I did rent a convertible in Las Vegas though, but not in the heat of summer.
I would never use it either if I had one, but I’m surprised they didn’t offer the advanced trim without the sunroof in his country

Truck Norris

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Interesting to hear how people use the windows and sunroof. You get stuck in your bubble where you live thinking everyone else is strange until they explain the reasoning. Me personally I use the sunroof pretty much every day where I don't need the heat on, with windows down if it's warm enough as well. Nice to have the option.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums