Winter wheel & tire packages?

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You also get a thin wall socket so that you do not damage the finish on the rims if you have to change a tire.

Friday

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just did my swap, and didn't need alternate lug nuts ... or at least I don't think so!
I didn't get extra lug nuts as well and I got the same rims and tires as you.

I think your rims look better on your car than mine on my white G70. The white together with the silver rims is not enough contrast. I think I should have gone for black rims or something with more polished metallic shine. But I'm okay with my decision as it's supposed to be a winter setup and it doesn't already look right to me without the more aggressive 19" rims and that staggered setup.

canucklehead604

Hasn't posted much yet...
West Coast Canada
^ thanks, i'll ask the GXM to confirm with parts/service. i assume that since i didn't get any, i don't need any for the Fast 212 wheel - that the OE lug nuts must also work. perhaps they only provide aftermarket lug nuts for the wheel combos that need it. i'd prefer to get this confirmed BEFORE i get to the swap coming up soon...

Cagare

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have the Fast 212 wheels and the lug nuts were in the actual box with the wheels when they arrived at Genesis. So they really should have them and give them to you.
Ended up with Fast Dime wheels, but not from the dealer. Got them in matte gold with Hakka 9s mounted on them.

Attachments

Cowtown

Registered Member
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
First day with poor weather and the Michelin X-Ice. My initial impression is that these are very good tires.

I'm sorry is there a car in this photo? :-D JK, cool paint colour that one! I ordered X-Ice 3 for my G70 and got Costco to get a set for my GTI as well, all up reviews on here and elsewhere just seemed like the best tire for the money.

Dpaulc

Registered Member
Looking again at @KDX 's car I'm impressed with how the colour shows off this styling line here. Not something I've really paid much mind to in other colours I've seen the car in.

View attachment 16409
Great observation man. This is definitely why I'm considering Casablanca White as my second choice. (NOTE: I have yet to see the damn car in person still). Lighter colors, at least in pictures, really show off the body lines. From all the pics I've seen, the dark green, Adriatic Blue, and black hide these lines too much, especially the sexy crease that runs the full length of the side.

svirdi

Registered Member
Edmonton, AB
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I ordered my G70 and got it delivered on Oct 9, ordered my winter wheels and tires, was told it would be7 to 10 days max, a month later, the eta is now Mid Nov to end of Nov. I am from Edmonton and it's pretty shitty outside and i am on my summer tires... I ordered the f212 in black.
not happy right now.

Cowtown

Registered Member
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I ordered my G70 and got it delivered on Oct 9, ordered my winter wheels and tires, was told it would be7 to 10 days max, a month later, the eta is now Mid Nov to end of Nov. I am from Edmonton and it's pretty shitty outside and i am on my summer tires... I ordered the f212 in black.
not happy right now.
I know when I was shopping for my GTI here last week there was next to nothing in stock anywhere in that size, which is very similar to the G70, I bet that's not helping. Hopefully they arrive quick, it'll get mucky there super fast.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
not happy right now.
Ya, my GXM has told me those wheels will not be available until the end of Feb. Fast Wheels didn't expect the demand and need to manufacture more. I just ordered the Fast Bullseye today through Genesis. They have them in stock and ready to ship. You may want to choose them if they look Ok to you because I doubt your getting the switches before March...

fast bullseye.JPG

svirdi

Registered Member
Edmonton, AB
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ya, my GXM has told me those wheels will not be available until the end of Feb. Fast Wheels didn't expect the demand and need to manufacture more. I just ordered the Fast Bullseye today through Genesis. They have them in stock and ready to ship. You may want to choose them if they look Ok to you because I doubt your getting the switches before March...

View attachment 16442

Yah I was told mine would be in by November because they ordered it before it all this happened but I am starting to doubt it all. As of now, i am just not happy.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

View attachment 16442
So are both 17x7.5 and 18x8 Switch out of stock?

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
For those that goes AFTERMARKET route for winter rims, is your TPMS working fine ? Mine worked fine for the first 2 weeks but now warning light is on and wont turn off. Already checked tire pressure etc and tire shop also confirmed sensors are sending signals.... Just wondering if the new aftermarket TPMS on the winter wheels need to be specially programmed/clone for it to work ? Think my tire shop did a relearn only but not program/clone but not sure. I thought the car will throw error code from day 1 (instead of after 2 weeks) if its not program/ relearn properly ?!
The vehicle diagnostic menu asked to take car in for full system check. However my feelings are dealer will just point at the aftermarket wheels and blame it on the wheels without even actually doing anything. And I am hoping I dont need to put the factory wheels back on to check....

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.