Votes: 28 66.7%
  • 5.0 Base

Votes: 14 33.3%

• Total voters

Shady_panda

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I drove the new V6 vs my old 4.6L, I literally almost crash merging on to the highway. It takes time getting use to the V6 power, and its not as refine.

Shady_panda

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Nope, a 17 speaker system is the highest. I thought the '09 Genesis topped out at 17 speakers too? But I may be wrong...

you are correct my apologies.

cletus

Registered Member
I am torn on this one I found the v6 pretty underwhelming when I test drove the car even compared to my current ride, a Nissan Frontier. I really did not like the 20-50 acceleration feel on the highway onramps.

The v8 was a much better fit for me but finding a used one in Ibiza has been fairly hard. I can wait as long as it takes (almost)

Alwaysforward

Been here awhile...
South Florida - Treasure Coast
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
If you can find out, I would get the 5.0 Ultimate. You won't be disappointed and should get a good deal on one if you can find one.

kn5owa

Sustaining Member
I am torn on this one I found the v6 pretty underwhelming when I test drove the car even compared to my current ride, a Nissan Frontier. I really did not like the 20-50 acceleration feel on the highway onramps.

The v8 was a much better fit for me but finding a used one in Ibiza has been fairly hard. I can wait as long as it takes (almost)

The V8 is quite uniform on acceleration - shift points are hardly discernible, and engine is whisper quiet.

What more can you ask for?? Although, I believe a previous poster wished for a noisier engine. (?)

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Interesting thread. According to the poll the 3.8 is winning by 62.07% but almost all posts are in favor of the 5.0

GenesisAWD

Registered Member
Omaha
Interesting thread. According to the poll the 3.8 is winning by 62.07% but almost all posts are in favor of the 5.0

Those of us who can successfully merge onto the interstate without a 5.0 V8 don't feel the need to tell everyone else about it. We just do it and move on with our lives. ;) :D

jimb100

Registered Member
Those of us who can successfully merge onto the interstate without a 5.0 V8 don't feel the need to tell everyone else about it. We just do it and move on with our lives. ;) :D

That's funny! You tell us how you don't feel the need to post..... in a post!

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums