Aftermarket Exhaust options!

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
What is EVC? Is that the remote control stuff?

Honestly...I would never use that remote control stuff. I thought it was really nifty though...that's why I posted it. One more thing to break. I just want a normal performance exhaust that sounds better...but not obnoxious.

Nevermind...I Googled it. Electronic Valve Control.
Yes it's electronic valve control. Yeah if you've noticed almost all the exhaust systems for the stinget a lot of them sound good but they all drone I would want an exhaust that I have the option to quiet down to basically stock For long drives
You can get Jun BL EVC exhausts on eBay for like around 1600-1700, but then you add in shipping and...... o_O

Considering that is our only other option, I guess it is competitive. Haha. Not worth the price, imo. Like Beefer, I just want a sweet sounding one that's not overly loud, and where I dont need to mess with remote controls.
Yeah that would be great if you could find one that sounds good without an annoying drone. Have not seen one yet available for the stinger that sounds good without annoying drone

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I just received an email back from borla base a at this time they have no intention on making an exhaust for the G70 or any EVC exhaust

Kamauxx

Registered Member
I've got Thermal R&D catback on my Stinger. Its completely drone free. At cruising speeds you can't even hear it. I think it was only around $1000 too. Pairing a set of catless downpipes to Thermals exhaust should give a nice drone free semi-agressive sound. Maybe someone can ask them if they have G70 plans.

Has anyone taken a close look at the stock exhaust to identify any choke points? The Stinger has a point where the stock axle back necks down to 1.5".

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I've got Thermal R&D catback on my Stinger. Its completely drone free. At cruising speeds you can't even hear it. I think it was only around $1000 too. Pairing a set of catless downpipes to Thermals exhaust should give a nice drone free semi-agressive sound. Maybe someone can ask them if they have G70 plans.

Has anyone taken a close look at the stock exhaust to identify any choke points? The Stinger has a point where the stock axle back necks down to 1.5".
Well that's good to hear that thermal has no drone. I heard a clip on YouTube and thaugh it sounded really good. I don't own a G70 yet waiting for dealers in my state. I also think that the stingers design is prone to a drone sound because of the hatch. The G70 may react differently with the trunk. I have read that people install sound deadening materials in the stingers hatch. I'm sorry but I can't imagine I would just replace the stock exhaust. Anyway I think I will reach out to Thermal.

Kamauxx

Registered Member
Well that's good to hear that thermal has no drone. I heard a clip on YouTube and thaugh it sounded really good. I don't own a G70 yet waiting for dealers in my state. I also think that the stingers design is prone to a drone sound because of the hatch. The G70 may react differently with the trunk. I have read that people install sound deadening materials in the stingers hatch. I'm sorry but I can't imagine I would just replace the stock exhaust. Anyway I think I will reach out to Thermal.
Magnaflow is drone free as well but it's so quiet not many people have made the leap.

You're right about the sound deadening. Borla, Ark, Jun Bl, and muffler delete are the most popular options and they each produce a ton of drone that people try to get rid of through a variety of projects.

HyperM3

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I had Thermal on my 04 A4 1.8t and I thought it sounded great. Did not sound like a puny 4cyl at all. They have a great pricepoint too.

Toddasaurus

Hasn't posted much yet...
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Damn...listen to the new Supra...
Hot damn. That sounds so good.

I was waiting for the Supra ever since I first heard about it, which was right before the FRS/BRZ came out. It was infuriating... After I found out it was a 2 seater I gave up, which was like 5 years after the fact! Haha.

Either way, it seems like that's gonna be a sweet little ride - just not for me.

Last edited:

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hot damn. That sounds so good.

I was waiting for the Supra ever since I first heard about it, which was right before the FRS/BRZ came out. It was infuriating... After I found out it was a 2 seater I gave up, which was like 5 years after the fact! Haha.

Either way, it seems like that's gonna be a sweet little ride - just not for me.
Better considering it's a BMW inline 6.

joschneider

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.