• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Aftermarket Exhaust options!

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I think import shark sells for stinger and I believe regardless evc. This is sport evc I think it's new. Not sure if import shark sells for g70. I'm sure will be available soon. If I'm correct the sport has 1 silencer and the original had 2 silencers did not sound as good in my opinion.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Would be nice to hear it with the valve open and with it closed to compare. Also, why no dyno chart? They usually post dyno's with their other exhausts. Either way, I like how it's sounding in the video.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It's nice just don't think I want that aggressive all the time
Agreed. A solid sound, but it's just screaming "race car!" the whole time. A big part of the reason why I want the G70 is to avoid most of that, while keeping some good subtle sportiness.

Like a lot of guys in here, I want something that sounds a bit more aggressive than stock, but not too loud, all with proof of a good power increase. So far the Jun B.L GT exhaust seems like the best compromise, without going for an EVC model. But I'd still like to hear a better sound clip of it before really even considering it.

Last edited:

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This is slick. Sounds amazing. Flick of a remote...and it goes into "tame" mode...

And this is for the 2.0T. Note...they changed the rear bumper and added a dual exhaust like the 3.3T...

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This is slick. Sounds amazing. Flick of a remote...and it goes into "tame" mode...

And this is for the 2.0T. Note...they changed the rear bumper and added a dual exhaust like the 3.3T...

I think the dual exhaust on the 2.0T is a specific trim. Some of the Korean reviews show the dual exhaust. There was one which compared the 3.3T vs the 2.0T and showed full undercarriage footage as well on how it splits.

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

I have been in communication with KUNSTWERK. They say they will be ready for the US release very soon in the price should be around 1800 plus shipping. They also asked if I would let them know what people think they can't wait to hear feedback. They also wanted the forum info.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have been in communication with KUNSTWERK. They say they will be ready for the US release very soon in the price should be around 1800 plus shipping. They also asked if I would let them know what people think they can't wait to hear feedback. They also wanted the forum info.
That’s expensive...no?

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What is EVC? Is that the remote control stuff?

Honestly...I would never use that remote control stuff. I thought it was really nifty though...that's why I posted it. One more thing to break. I just want a normal performance exhaust that sounds better...but not obnoxious.

Nevermind...I Googled it. Electronic Valve Control.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I thought 1600- 1800 including shipping may be competitive.
You can get Jun BL EVC exhausts on eBay for like around 1600-1700, but then you add in shipping and...... o_O

Considering that is our only other option, I guess it is competitive. Haha. Not worth the price, imo. Like Beefer, I just want a sweet sounding one that's not overly loud, and where I dont need to mess with remote controls.