Aftermarket Exhaust options!

Toddasaurus

Hasn't posted much yet...
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I don't suppose you could upload those to YouTube, for those of us that don't have/use Instagram? If not it's not a big deal - just stoked about American aftermarket products for the G70!

Aminfla

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
My impression of all the stock engine startups and revs is that it sounds a little high-pitched and whiny on video, but when you get down to it it isn't a deep throaty growl, but it isn't a ricer sound either. I'm imagining it as being closer to the throatier end of the spectrum

This video gives a good listen to the engine from inside the car (which honestly to me the most important part seeing as thats the only place I'll be hearing it from) -- sounds pretty good if you ask me:

Lose the music let's hear only the car!

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Looks like Ark Performance has something for us...

Morganevans

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've had the new GRiP exhaust from ARK for a few weeks now and it has great burble when deaccelerating from around 2200 RPM down, but not when it's not in gear so you can't hear it in the video. Love the system !!

joschneider

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've had the new GRiP exhaust from ARK for a few weeks now and it has great burble when deaccelerating from around 2200 RPM down, but not when it's not in gear so you can't hear it in the video. Love the system !!
I’ve got a couple concerns...any drone at all?

Is there any loss of low end torque that you’ve felt?

The video seems to have a weird off throttle sound where it’s kind of rattly (can’t think of another way to describe it). Do you notice that?

Thanks!

Toddasaurus

Hasn't posted much yet...
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I really like the sound in the video clip. Not too intrusive, but sounds strong.

Only thing missing is the Dyno chart. No numbers from the website at this time. I'm gonna shoot them an email and see what they say.

Morganevans

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’ve got a couple concerns...any drone at all?

Is there any loss of low end torque that you’ve felt?

The video seems to have a weird off throttle sound where it’s kind of rattly (can’t think of another way to describe it). Do you notice that?

Thanks!
There is some fairly minimal drone(IMO) around 1500-1800 RPM that is mostly just noticeable when you get in the car for the first time in a while, when you forgot you had a sleeping rocket ship, that is now very much awake :) I think drone is kind of a necessary evil if you want to increase airflow to the level this exhaust is, and for me, the tradeoff is definitely worth it.

Regarding the off throttle sound... it is kinda strange because it only seems to be audible when the car is not in gear, i've never heard it while driving with windows up or down. It is my car in the video, soon they will release some drive-by footage so you'll get a good idea of what your neighbors will think.

I certainly have not felt any loss in torque but I don't have any dyno numbers to back it up. I feel like it has more torque and power, especially in the usable rev range. I know that a lot of the time it's purely psychological with just a cat-back exhaust but in the end, isn't that what matters, unless you are hitting the track..

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Any chance to the drone in eco mode?

I have a drone in my Altima with the NISMO exhaust, which I don't mind, but it makes taking calls on the road a bit of a chore.

Morganevans

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

I have a drone in my Altima with the NISMO exhaust, which I don't mind, but it makes taking calls on the road a bit of a chore.
Good question, I haven't tried eco mode yet... I'll test that out today and report back.

Morganevans

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Tested it today.. I couldn't tell any difference between eco and comfort. Ironically, sport mode is probably the quietest mode as it spends more time at a higher rev range.

joschneider

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Tested it today.. I couldn't tell any difference between eco and comfort. Ironically, sport mode is probably the quietest mode as it spends more time at a higher rev range.
How’s the overall volume? Maybe a vehicle you could compare it to, like an STI or 5.0 mustang?

Morganevans

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
How’s the overall volume? Maybe a vehicle you could compare it to, like an STI or 5.0 mustang?
Hmmm I'm afraid I haven't driven either and I've not been outside of my car while it drives past so it's difficult for me to provide a good comparison. Very soon they will release some drive-by video so you'll get a better idea. Someone did mention it sounded more like a Maserati though..

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.