Alternatives to G70?

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I really want a g70 badly but like others have said I fee like the prices are just too high for a 3.3, genesis really messed up the price point asking high 6 low 700s for leases
It is/will be high 500s shortly for the base 3.3 model if you go 36/12, already is if 36/10. I anticipated the lease incentives will not get any better until all states go online, and that may be 3 or 4 months, so I figured I'd just pay for it now and avoid the couple more months of frustration.

After driving it for 2 days, all I can say is it is worth the wait. I am still getting used to the surge of torque with just a tap of the throttle which makes me giggle like a madman everytime I get anywhere above 3k rpm. I havent gone 'full beefer' yet though and pulled runs alongside any S4s or C43s 😉

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It is/will be high 500s shortly for the base 3.3 model if you go 36/12, already is if 36/10. I anticipated the lease incentives will not get any better until all states go online, and that may be 3 or 4 months, so I figured I'd just pay for it now and avoid the couple more months of frustration.

After driving it for 2 days, all I can say is it is worth the wait. I am still getting used to the surge of torque with just a tap of the throttle which makes me giggle like a madman everytime I get anywhere above 3k rpm. I havent gone 'full beefer' yet though and pulled runs alongside any S4s or C43s 😉
Haha....sweet!!! You’ll be giggling for a very long time!! I still do.

xyos

yea, I initially test drove a fully loaded 2.0T and it didn't feel too bad, but than I tried out a 3.3T Havanna Sport and motherofgod it was fun, guy let me do a 0-60 launch onto the highway and that shit was so much fun in sport mode. I absolutely loved that car red exterior with black/red stitching but they were asking like $680 for 36/10 which is more than I want to pay for the car. They had a 3.3T 'Designer' package but it was the dark forest green / beige color combo I wasn't a big fan of

If I could find a base 3.3 that I can lease for high 500's I would probably do it, unfortunately like we all know the stock on these are pretty low right now, I live in NH where there are I believe 3 or 4 total between 2 separate dealerships, I'm going to try in contact with the other one

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
yea, I initially test drove a fully loaded 2.0T and it didn't feel too bad, but than I tried out a 3.3T Havanna Sport and motherofgod it was fun, guy let me do a 0-60 launch onto the highway and that shit was so much fun in sport mode. I absolutely loved that car red exterior with black/red stitching but they were asking like $680 for 36/10 which is more than I want to pay for the car. They had a 3.3T 'Designer' package but it was the dark forest green / beige color combo I wasn't a big fan of

If I could find a base 3.3 that I can lease for high 500's I would probably do it, unfortunately like we all know the stock on these are pretty low right now, I live in NH where there are I believe 3 or 4 total between 2 separate dealerships, I'm going to try in contact with the other one
I am with you, I was actively searching for the advanced in NJ for good 2 months and a few hit dealer inventory only recently. I lucked out living within driving distance of several NJ dealers. Good luck with the search, supply should get better with time.

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If you're lease rates are high 600-7 for a 3.3 down in the US I feel bad for you. Mines just over $600 cdn and that was after getting back my 1k deposit at the end. If I had left it in there I was high 500's.

I hadn't really used sport mode yet but was warm and dry the other day and I was merging onto the highway and man I forgot just what a rush this thing is when you stand on it with that 3.3 in sport mode. It's comfortably quick in comfort but in sport it wants to goooooo.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
As far as a value proposition, purchase has the advantage over leasing. If I don't have to be concerned about a big ticket out of warranty repair for 100,000 miles, why am I turning the car in with 36,000 miles on it?
To ruin the resale value in the used market!

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
As far as a value proposition, purchase has the advantage over leasing. If I don't have to be concerned about a big ticket out of warranty repair for 100,000 miles, why am I turning the car in with 36,000 miles on it?
Cause you've had it 3 years and are bored and want something new lol. That's been my reason for leasing anyway. I get bored quickly.

Last edited:

SirFrederick

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If I were to get a Stinger, grey is the color I'd go with too. I'm assuming you got a good deal on it, too?

Hope you enjoy it!
The dark grey or the pearl white would have been my two choices because you can get the nappa red interior with those two colours. The stinger was initially high on my list but the lease and finance rates are astronomically high where I live. They've been like that for a while now too.

DK_11

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Cause you've had it 3 years and are bored and want something new lol. That's been my reason for leasing anyway. I bet bored quickly.
I am the same way. I bought what I thought was my dream car at age 25 and am already ready for something new less than two years later.

stingermang

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
If I were to get a Stinger, grey is the color I'd go with too. I'm assuming you got a good deal on it, too?

Hope you enjoy it!
Thanks! ^.^

Since it's basically the nicest car they have with all the options, I didn't feel like I had a whole lot of room to negotiate...made a somewhat friendly initial offer and they came back with a $6500 rebate. Currently leasing. (Taking 6 months to decide if I buy it out early or do something else.)

Mang.

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thanks! ^.^

Since it's basically the nicest car they have with all the options, I didn't feel like I had a whole lot of room to negotiate...made a somewhat friendly initial offer and they came back with a $6500 rebate. Currently leasing. (Taking 6 months to decide if I buy it out early or do something else.)

Mang.
Yeah if it was a 2018, you could have negotiated the hell out of it, but 2019s just hit the lot. There's not a lot of negotiation room right now I bet. Congrats.

stingermang

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Yeah if it was a 2018, you could have negotiated the hell out of it, but 2019s just hit the lot. There's not a lot of negotiation room right now I bet. Congrats.
Exactly. 2018 is missing the 360 camera which I really wanted due to the length of the car.

Second day I drove it in, one of the guys at my office started talking about setting up a company track event. :) There are a couple other cars in our lot which would fit in nicely...including his Quadrifoglio. I'm sure I'll be buried by several other cars, but it'd still be a lot of fun.

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Exactly. 2018 is missing the 360 camera which I really wanted due to the length of the car.

Second day I drove it in, one of the guys at my office started talking about setting up a company track event. :) There are a couple other cars in our lot which would fit in nicely...including his Quadrifoglio. I'm sure I'll be buried by several other cars, but it'd still be a lot of fun.
Yeah, that's why I didn't get the 2018, cause at first I was dead set on it. Then they left features out. Glad they added it for 2019, but now I've moved on to the G70.