Alternatives to G70?

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Winnipeg
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Looks like the CT5 maybe pretty nice! Hope Cadillac's done better with the interior. I had a 2016 ATS 3.6 AWD and it was good in many respects, especially handling but the interior was just OK. Not sure what all the negative buzz around CUE was because other than the screen being a finger print magnet, it worked well for me.. Supported Android Auto, Apple Carplay and was responsive.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was gonna say, I actually don't mind the CT4. I like the front end, the rear looks weird, but I could see it growing on me. I think it's all an improvement over the ATS and CTS, personally. Hopefully they sell well, as I'd like to see what else they come up with.

Rmsanger

Hasn't posted much yet...
The merc e class wagon and Porsche pano wagon are very nice as well along with the Volvo v90 and jag wagon. All way too expensive for me and would not want to own out of warranty.

The older e350 wagon 6 cylinder was bulletproof though (non airmatic)

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The merc e class wagon and Porsche pano wagon are very nice as well along with the Volvo v90 and jag wagon. All way too expensive for me and would not want to own out of warranty.

The older e350 wagon 6 cylinder was bulletproof though (non airmatic)
I've always been a fan of the Jaguar XF S wagon with that supercharged V6 (380hp). Pretty dang sweet dad car. In fact I really wanted one, but not something I was able to afford...

:c

Last edited:

Dresulam

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
@Leonidas Same here. I had my eye on the M340i but the G70 offers so much for the price point.
I agree @marianne! Plus some of the features on the BMW are kinda gimmick like gesture control or the 3D camera. Those to me are party tricks to wow your passenger(s) but how often would you even use that. I like the way Genesis kept it simple

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Dai Uy Ted

Registered Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Titusville FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

jaymatt

Registered Member
New Jersey
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The 2 motor long range AWD Tesla model 3 is the only other car I'm considering besides an AWD 3.3 G70 Sport.
The same cars made it to my final shortlist. I almost went with the Tesla since there's no sales tax on EVs in NJ. However as a father to an almost 2 year old and another on the way, moderate to long distance trips wouldn't have been possible in the Tesla at the current supercharging rates. I wasn't ready to deal with the screaming that would most certainly accompany a charging stop. That and the fact that I had fallen so hard for the G70, it felt like I was betraying it by considering the Model 3.

The next car purchase may be a Tesla - hopefully they're still around.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The same cars made it to my final shortlist. I almost went with the Tesla since there's no sales tax on EVs in NJ. However as a father to an almost 2 year old and another on the way, moderate to long distance trips wouldn't have been possible in the Tesla at the current supercharging rates. I wasn't ready to deal with the screaming that would most certainly accompany a charging stop. That and the fact that I had fallen so hard for the G70, it felt like I was betraying it by considering the Model 3.

Hey, looks like we're pretty much in the exact same boat. Got a 2.5yr old, and another on the way! Except, the thing that stopped me from going with the Model 3 was the potential for upgrades (or lack thereof). I wanted one last big project ICE powered car before moving to electric. That, and the minimalist interior with virtually no knobs or buttons, and the front of the car just screams duck face... And I haven't even started on the range anxiety! Haha.

jailer

Been here awhile...
That Montgomery Ward dash with an Acer laptop screen stuck on it just ruins it for me and ESPECIALLY the subframe structure put together by like some high school auto shop class or something. Their panel gap issue is nonsensical on a vehicle of this cost and it does'nt end there. It continues in other parts of the vehicle.

I hope they succeed but I would WAY rather have a German or Asian solidly built vehicle with a killer interior and an equivalent electric drive as the Tesla.

The Audi E-Tron as well as the Jag I-Pace do not have the range of a Tesla .. YET.. but go sit in one of them.. EXAMINE the vehicle.. inside/out.. look at the seams on everything. These SUV's are just in another class from the Tesla IMO. To me, the model X looks funny next to these beautiful vehicles. It's giant greenhouse is silly looking.