Any high mileage Genesis owners out there??

tommyb

Hasn't posted much yet...
just bought a 2009 3.8 with 137,500 which seems as tight and quiet and smooth as my 2012 3.8 with 42,000 miles. quite happy.

amartz

Registered Member
Jacksonville, FL
But i have received parts just on my say so my drivers mirror was just replaced because I told them defrost wasn't working.
Here's my problem. The sensor malfunction was very intermittent (except when I'm stuck in traffic trying to get out of downtown, of course!). By the time I got over to Westside, it was working perfectly, a wasted trip. And Westside wouldn't order a new one just on my say-so. I stopped in Key when it was still acting up one day, and got the service manager to come out and see it with his own eyes. That's when I got the warranty work scheduled. There are some advantages to being 5 minutes away from the dealer! :) I'll let you know how it goes.

PhorenReign

Getting familiar with the group...
Maryland
Having this defrost issue with my windshield, has anyone found the problem ? I bought my 11' Genny back in october of 2014 ... the summers humidity is putting it to the test... didn't have an issues the entire winter though.

drewschmidt7

I have a 2009 3.8 with 126,000 miles on it. Only oil changes and brake pads to date. Runs great, no oil leaks, major rattles, etc.

Broomwagon

Registered Member
I was talking to a friend last night at dinner about a potential purchase of new 2014 Genesis. It has about 600 miles on it from the manager using it as a daily driver. During my test drive, I noticed water a leak, presumably from the sunroof, because there was a little water pooling inside the driver's side vanity light that dripped down when I happened flip down the visor.

Aside from that concern, my friend, who owns a repair shop, warned that of all the Asian makes he services, he has the most trouble with the Hyundai/KIA brand at getting parts in a timely manner. He said Hyundai doesn't support their dealer network nearly as well as Honda and Toyota. While shear volume certainly influences that, do you find it more challenging to get timely parts or repairs done on your Genesis?

I've had my current Lexus for over 15 years and have never had any issues, and I don't want to purchase the 2014 Genny and face repair challenges downstream.

CS THX

My 2011 Genesis has 101,000 miles on it and was purchased new in Oct 2010. Just had to replace the rear main seal due to a slow oil leak (not a cheap repair). Did front brakes last year. Have probably half a dozen of rock chips in the front windshield (someone else mentioned "soft" glass). On my 4th set of tires, this car goes through tires. Driver leather seat bottom is "stretched" out. Took a rock into the A/C evaporator coil and had to replace (again not cheap). Car still drives and handles very good. Overall I been been very pleased with the purchase.

moe92882

Corona, ca
I am in California, my Genesis has 95k mileage on it, replaced front brakes at 75k, rear needs to be replaced, tires were replaced at 75k , 2nd set is needed now, battery died on me, windshield rock chip rocks, issue with seat cooling light, it stays own even when its not in use, seat adjustment switch issues, sometimes it does not work. Overall very happy with my car. I have also tested the engine oil (oil analysis) and it looks pretty stable. here is the link if you are interest in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xZ0dXHD1Ns
Thanks

BenTru

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 2009 3.8 with 131,000 miles on it.
Only oil changes (after the warranty i used synthetic every 6 months)
And brake pads to date.
Windshield wiper motor died:( at 125k miles. $550 to replace by a new, bought a used one at $75.
Tires (4 seasons) change every 2 years.

Runs great for Highway (a bit big and heavy in the city), no oil leaks, no major rattles.

homeofstone

Registered Member
Athens, Georgia, USA
2011 4.6 purchased new Sept. 2010. 177,000 miles so far and no oil leaks and i get about 60,000 miles on a set of tires. I been using Bridgestone Turanza Serenity plus tires since I got the Dumflops off at about 16,000 miles. The car still runs and drives like new.

sdrone

Registered Member
Aside from that concern, my friend, who owns a repair shop, warned that of all the Asian makes he services, he has the most trouble with the Hyundai/KIA brand at getting parts in a timely manner. He said Hyundai doesn't support their dealer network nearly as well as Honda and Toyota.
I've seen that issue in the process of getting the following replaced on my 2013 that I purchased this past summer:
1. plastic clips for the A/C vents
2. driver's door latch
3. transmission

Honda/Toyota can get anything in a day (Granted, I live near 2 very large dealers). Hyundai takes minimum 1 week to get any part (all 3 above had to be ordered).

At this point, the car would need to be perfect for the next 75k miles for me to recommend this brand.

TEF

Registered Member
Bought a 2009 new and kept it six years and 48,000 miles. At the time it was traded for a 2016 Genesis, it was perfect - no problems and/or rattles. Hence the easy decision to buy the G2 sedan. In fact, I'd rate the Genesis as the best built cars I've ever owned.

ilovemygenesis

Registered Member
Connecticut
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
i'm on my second Genesis (2013) i'm up to 58K miles and no issues thus far. Just a bit of lag when i accelerate but other than that car is premo, i'm getting the 2017 G80 in January so i'll post when i get to 60K then, ha

roalru

As of july 1, 2015, my 2009 V6 genny has 205,200 miles on it. I can't take all the crdit for it though, I bought it from a salesman a few months ago with 201,000 miles. Still rides like new. Other than the ventilated seat barely moving any air, I love it.
Hi. I just bought a used 2013 Genesis today with 43K. I am one of those sales guys who is going to log miles too: 30K-40K/year. Curious how many miles you have now? I'm hoping for 300K!

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Hi. I just bought a used 2013 Genesis today with 43K. I am one of those sales guys who is going to log miles too: 30K-40K/year. Curious how many miles you have now? I'm hoping for 300K!
Congratulations. You might want to change your vehicle in your profile, since the 2013 is a 1G (first generation) Genesis. Second generation is 2015-2016 (so far).

shawnk18

we have a 09 with 175000 no problem s

12 with 183000 replaced starter

The cars are great, put good tires on them xtreme contact, good brakes and change oil every 7500 with regular oil

shagnat

Registered Member
Just found out my 2010 4.6L w/tech package is in the top 10 of Worst of the Worst category *sigh*.... and I believe it. This is my 2nd Hyundai (first being an Azera) and it will be my last. Only 53K on the clock and it is a POS. I just pray I don't have any major issues because the car will just sit.

medhat

Registered Member
Wisconsin
we have a 09 with 175000 no problem s

12 with 183000 replaced starter

The cars are great, put good tires on them xtreme contact, good brakes and change oil every 7500 with regular oil
I'm at 93k with a very similar regimen. Not too compulsive with the oil changes (2x/year) and just about to order my 2nd set of Conti Xtreme Contact 06's (went from OEM Dunlop 5000 [ugh], to Conti DWS [Blizzaks in winter]). My brother and wife now have an '15 Genesis and are happy as well.

Ambush

Registered Member
Carolinas
Im at 83k miles or so and the LAG while accelerating just started! Dont know what that is all about. Other than the brake recall that was fixed, the car has been gold for me.
I want another one. Just to be different.

:)

Shady_panda

Registered Member
Just found out my 2010 4.6L w/tech package is in the top 10 of Worst of the Worst category *sigh*.... and I believe it. This is my 2nd Hyundai (first being an Azera) and it will be my last. Only 53K on the clock and it is a POS. I just pray I don't have any major issues because the car will just sit.
whats wrong with your car? I'm at 138k and no major problem. the starter had to be replace at 98k and the seat motor had to be replace at 108k

mtrot

Registered Member
East Texas
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
98,000 miles on my 2012 4.6 now. My cruise control just went out, and turns out to be some $4,500 module that the Hyundai "Platinum" service plan does not cover.:mad:

Also, the left rear door auto door lock has not worked for a long time. Shocks are now leaking. That's about it so far.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.