Concerned about your light colored leather interior? Click here!

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
From what I understand the Genesis has a protective clear protection on the leather ..... so it should not need any super conditioners
Maguires leather wipes is all you should need
Yes this is very true and never use an abrasive on the seats NEVER. If you remove the protective coating you'll have even more problems. Use a horsehair brush along with a premium Leather Care Cleaner and Protectant nothing more.

303 is far to caustic and is used primarily for fabric, carpet and vinyl, not leather. It's not recommended for leather even by the manufacture. Mr. Clean Erasers contain; Melamine, Formaldehyde, Sodium Bisulfite and are slightly abrasive. Again, this is something you do not want to use on the protective coating which is applied to auto leather. Long term use will remove the coating , dry out the leather and cause it to crack and deteriorate much more rapidly.

Best bet is to stay with known products that are designed for leather. There are many but my personal recommendation is Meguiar's and Chemical Guys products. They work quite well and are specifically designed to be used with auto leather. All you have to do is check MSDS's for both products. You'll understand.

Last edited:

Scottish Guy

Hasn't posted much yet...
Crieff, Scotland, UK
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
After 18000 miles, as I feared, the driver's seat, centre console and door arm rest are showing
signs of staining from jeans, belts and leather jackets.
Also signs of tiny cracking on the leather.

I would have preferred the dark interior, but model options, exterior and interior colour choices
were not available from the dealer.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
After 18000 miles, as I feared, the driver's seat, centre console and door arm rest are showing
signs of staining from jeans, belts and leather jackets.
Also signs of tiny cracking on the leather.

I would have preferred the dark interior, but model options, exterior and interior colour choices
were not available from the dealer.

In your case the solution is easy. Put the steering wheel on the other side where it belongs.

Some tiny cracking is normal with leather. Using a conditioner helps. There are some lether cleaners that will do a decent job. Clean it as best you can and the conditioner will also help it stay cleaner.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.