Dead pedal / “Engine falls flat” potential fix..

In order to assist others who are experiencing this issue, please contribute:

• Total voters

mtrot

Registered Member
East Texas
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Turn off the traction control and see if the ECU still cut power when the wheel spins.

Important: Only turn off the traction control when you are not near any other car just in case your rear tire traction break loose and slide out of control.
Yes, I had already turned off the ESC button when I was doing my testing. I assume by traction control you mean the ESC button. I've never found that turning off the ESC button makes much difference at all. These tires have really good traction.

jaywestgb

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Yes, I had already turned off the ESC button when I was doing my testing. I assume by traction control you mean the ESC button. I've never found that turning off the ESC button makes much difference at all. These tires have really good traction.
Hold to turn off stability and traction

daviderle

Registered Member
Cool, if you only press it, it only turns off Traction
BTW the long press to disable both traction and stability control, is only applicable to the second generation and will not work for 2009-2014 models,.

Regardless of type of tires you have, you will break them free if you remove the fuse or implement the full disable ESC mod, for either 4.6 or 5.0 and Is not applicable for the 3.8 model.

Last edited:

mtrot

Registered Member
East Texas
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
BTW the long press to disable both traction and stability control, is only applicable to the second generation and will not work for 2009-2014 models,.

Regardless of type of tires you have, you will break them free if you remove the fuse or implement the full disable ESC mod, for either 4.6 or 5.0 and Is not applicable for the 3.8 model.
Yes, I tried the long press last night and it doesn't do anything different than a simple press does. If you want traction, try these Michelin Premier LTX tires that I have on mine. I run them at around 30 psi and the car really jumps off the line. I don't see any reason to fully defeat the ESC unless one just wants to try to do burn outs.