Dealers with 2019s

jyoung

Austin, TX
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Glad to see Texas is finally moving forward. Are you thinking 3 weeks until we start seeing cars here?

waz

Registered Member
The list includes Genesis of Asheville (NC), but at present it's really just Hyundai of Asheville with 3 G70s, 2 G80s, and a G90 on the lot. There is no separate signage, showroom, or garage for Genesis at this time, though several people I talked to said there will be in the future.

Although some Euro-snobs might be unhappy about having to mix with the hoi polloi to buy their car, at least Genesis is getting cars out there for consumers to see and drive.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The list includes Genesis of Asheville (NC), but at present it's really just Hyundai of Asheville with 3 G70s, 2 G80s, and a G90 on the lot. There is no separate signage, showroom, or garage for Genesis at this time, though several people I talked to said there will be in the future.
Technically it is Genesis of Asheville since that is how their license and franchise agreement is titled but your point is accurate. I believe currently all Genesis dealers are inside of a Hyundai dealership. It may be like that for most dealers for the foreseeable future since Genesis dropped the requirement to have a separate building for dealers.

kenbefound

Registered Member
Springfield, MA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Although some Euro-snobs might be unhappy about having to mix with the hoi polloi to buy their car, at least Genesis is getting cars out there for consumers to see and drive.
ERWIN RAPHAEL (General Manager Genesis USA) spoke to this very topic at the 2018 LA Auto Show. If you're impatient the specific question is asked at the 0:46 sec mark.

TMPSU75

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
When will PA have Genesis dealerships???
Need them ASAP!

TM

Technically it is Genesis of Asheville since that is how their license and franchise agreement is titled but your point is accurate. I believe currently all Genesis dealers are inside of a Hyundai dealership. It may be like that for most dealers for the foreseeable future since Genesis dropped the requirement to have a separate building for dealers.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Not a lot of activity this week, perhaps gearing up for mass shipments into Texas but we are up to 187 dealers and have added a state to the watchlist. Looking at Delaware and Ohio.

I was able to get some information on California and they are getting very close. If all goes extremely smoothly, we should be able to add them to the watchlist in 2-3 weeks. Of course we are dealing with lawyers and government processes so nothing is set in stone. ;)

Attachments

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Not a lot of activity this week, perhaps gearing up for mass shipments into Texas but we are up to 187 dealers and have added a state to the watchlist. Looking at Delaware and Ohio.

I was able to get some information on California and they are getting very close. If all goes extremely smoothly, we should be able to add them to the watchlist in 2-3 weeks. Of course we are dealing with lawyers and government processes so nothing is set in stone. ;)
I have to wonder how happy Genesis management is with that. Aside from missing California, a large market, the original plan was 100 dealers. Are they now getting the sales regionally they anticipated? I think they still have to step up marketing, but distribution seems to be catching up.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I have to wonder how happy Genesis management is with that. Aside from missing California, a large market, the original plan was 100 dealers. Are they now getting the sales regionally they anticipated? I think they still have to step up marketing, but distribution seems to be catching up.
My guess is that they would prefer to have fewer dealers and that may happen over time. I also was told they won't be releasing sales data anymore until the dealer network is almost complete but the hint I got was that they had a very good month. I don't think anyone posted the link but Hyundai released its Jan 2019 numbers on Friday and for the first time it did not include Genesis.

The inventory at existing dealers seems to be pretty decent as indicated by the total numbers on cars.com and cargurus.com. I think we will see those rise fairly quickly as allocations arrive in Texas.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Sales data shows 1,224 for Genesis (no break-down on models) - so, basically double that of Dec. sales.
That was the number I got also but like you, no breakdown.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I think Texas will be pretty much in full swing by mid February. CA and PA may have some dealers with dealer codes but I doubt many/any with inventory. My guess is March will be the month to see the big increase in dealers with inventory.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
^ You'd know better (being as on top of the dealer licensing as you are).

Hitting the 2k barrier may be a stretch for Feb. then (guess it depends on when TX gets in full swing and how many dealerships only had a partial month for Jan.), but whenever Genesis does, it'll be a milestone as they never have hit the 2k mark (came close in Dec. of 2017).

Irrespective of the GV80, figure Genesis sedan sales won't be on full bore until the facelifted G90 and new G80 hit the lots.

Genesis, however, is going to have to do a better job w/ its lease terms.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.