• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Dealers with 2019s

Electrode

Registered Member
Southeastern PA, US
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I asked around at the car show and the guess for PA Genesis dealers is March or so. The G70 looked great in person and that Mallorca Blue is really deep. Very comfortable and commanding from the driver's seat, but back seat passengers will have to suffer. Visibility was very good and the feel of the materials was top notch.
S4 seemed more impressive, especially with the google earth running the Nav. I observed a surprising number of older seniors looking at the CUVs. This seems to be the way they are going. Young folks seemed to like the cool cars.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
GCBC also got the data, so HMC is releasing the data to the registration database, even if they aren't making the nos. public themselves (which is why can get data on GM sales even tho GM only makes it public on a quarterly basis).

Surprised (and not so surprised) that the G70 wasn't that much ahead of the G80.

While the G70 is an all-new model, it doesn't offer the same value/interior size proposition as the G80 (and I'm guessing that dealerships have been less willing to deal on the G70 than the G80).

Wonder how much of an impact the G70 had on Stinger sales?

G70 - 596
Stinger - 939

Still, not bad compared to the Japanese competition.

IS - 1,075
TLX - 1,669
Q50 - 2,249

Figure once all the states/dealerships are up and running, the G70 will outsell the IS.

The TLX is cheaper and the Q50 can be had for significantly lower lease payments (that's one thing Genesis and Kia need to continue to work on).

Even despite the hampered retail situation, the G80 pretty handily outsells the Japanese competition.

G80 - 473
GS - 298
Q70 - 235
RLX - 119

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Ray Lucca

Registered Member
That is a start, the 2 dealers are in the Palm Springs area. Interesting it usually goes LA then OC to start. Hope we get some more soon, and then some cars to see. Thank-you

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I understand that but according to them they bought the cars so they can't be sold as new. They didn't do a dealer trade or anything, it was a retail purchase. Anyone else buying them would lose the warranty unless sold as a CPO plus all incentive are gone. There was a discussion of this when those cars showed up a month ago and we received verification from the dealer they are not to be sold and just for display only.
Oh ok...forgot about that. Why would a dealer do that? Sure it wasn’t a dealer trade?

Oh well.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
It could have been and the person I was communicating with didn't know. At first he said they could sell them right away and when I questioned that and said I would check with Genesis he got back and said they purchased them from AZ for display until they can sell. Then again, why would they buy two of almost the same models,2.0s at that, for display. It would make more sense if it was some type of trade situation, AZ got rid of duplicate models and Palm Springs can say they have inventory.

Either way, they are there to see and my guess is more inventory will be showing up shortly.
I ran the VIN on both of their vehicles. Both show that they had a "Vehicle storage inspection" (which I have never seen before) done by the AZ dealer, but Palm Springs was the one that they were wholesaled to. If they were originally allocated to the AZ dealer, it would have indicated that. Neither show any retail purchases on them. So these very well might have been held by the AZ dealer until Palm Springs got their license. Both vehicles show that they've had their windshields replaced as well.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!