Dealers with 2019s

Electrode

Registered Member
Southeastern PA, US
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I asked around at the car show and the guess for PA Genesis dealers is March or so. The G70 looked great in person and that Mallorca Blue is really deep. Very comfortable and commanding from the driver's seat, but back seat passengers will have to suffer. Visibility was very good and the feel of the materials was top notch.
S4 seemed more impressive, especially with the google earth running the Nav. I observed a surprising number of older seniors looking at the CUVs. This seems to be the way they are going. Young folks seemed to like the cool cars.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
GCBC also got the data, so HMC is releasing the data to the registration database, even if they aren't making the nos. public themselves (which is why can get data on GM sales even tho GM only makes it public on a quarterly basis).

Surprised (and not so surprised) that the G70 wasn't that much ahead of the G80.

While the G70 is an all-new model, it doesn't offer the same value/interior size proposition as the G80 (and I'm guessing that dealerships have been less willing to deal on the G70 than the G80).

Wonder how much of an impact the G70 had on Stinger sales?

G70 - 596
Stinger - 939

Still, not bad compared to the Japanese competition.

IS - 1,075
TLX - 1,669
Q50 - 2,249

Figure once all the states/dealerships are up and running, the G70 will outsell the IS.

The TLX is cheaper and the Q50 can be had for significantly lower lease payments (that's one thing Genesis and Kia need to continue to work on).

Even despite the hampered retail situation, the G80 pretty handily outsells the Japanese competition.

G80 - 473
GS - 298
Q70 - 235
RLX - 119

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So close to 200, we now have 199 dealers in 35 states.

We only have one state on the watchlist and it is a new one, Wisconsin. I'm also now going to include the list of dealers who have a dealer code assigned but doesn't yet have inventory listed.

Attachments

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Mr Turtle:
Do you have that above info for Ca. yet?? Thought we we're getting close. Thank-you
From the info I got last week they are getting close (2-3 weeks if all goes very smoothly) in CA but so far no dealers have been approved and assigned a dealer code. Will post as soon as I get anything.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Here are the first two in CA, I will post updates as more show up.

Ray Lucca

Registered Member
That is a start, the 2 dealers are in the Palm Springs area. Interesting it usually goes LA then OC to start. Hope we get some more soon, and then some cars to see. Thank-you

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Aren't those the ones that can't be sold? They purchased them from AZ for display only, at least that is what the salesman there said.
They can sell now...legally.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
They can sell now...legally.
I understand that but according to them they bought the cars so they can't be sold as new. They didn't do a dealer trade or anything, it was a retail purchase. Anyone else buying them would lose the warranty unless sold as a CPO plus all incentive are gone. There was a discussion of this when those cars showed up a month ago and we received verification from the dealer they are not to be sold and just for display only.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I understand that but according to them they bought the cars so they can't be sold as new. They didn't do a dealer trade or anything, it was a retail purchase. Anyone else buying them would lose the warranty unless sold as a CPO plus all incentive are gone. There was a discussion of this when those cars showed up a month ago and we received verification from the dealer they are not to be sold and just for display only.

Of course dealers have been wrong before so who knows.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Oh ok...forgot about that. Why would a dealer do that? Sure it wasn’t a dealer trade?

Oh well.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Oh ok...forgot about that. Why would a dealer do that? Sure it wasn’t a dealer trade?
It could have been and the person I was communicating with didn't know. At first he said they could sell them right away and when I questioned that and said I would check with Genesis he got back and said they purchased them from AZ for display until they can sell. Then again, why would they buy two of almost the same models,2.0s at that, for display. It would make more sense if it was some type of trade situation, AZ got rid of duplicate models and Palm Springs can say they have inventory.

Either way, they are there to see and my guess is more inventory will be showing up shortly.

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
It could have been and the person I was communicating with didn't know. At first he said they could sell them right away and when I questioned that and said I would check with Genesis he got back and said they purchased them from AZ for display until they can sell. Then again, why would they buy two of almost the same models,2.0s at that, for display. It would make more sense if it was some type of trade situation, AZ got rid of duplicate models and Palm Springs can say they have inventory.

Either way, they are there to see and my guess is more inventory will be showing up shortly.
I ran the VIN on both of their vehicles. Both show that they had a "Vehicle storage inspection" (which I have never seen before) done by the AZ dealer, but Palm Springs was the one that they were wholesaled to. If they were originally allocated to the AZ dealer, it would have indicated that. Neither show any retail purchases on them. So these very well might have been held by the AZ dealer until Palm Springs got their license. Both vehicles show that they've had their windshields replaced as well.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I ran the VIN on both of their vehicles. Both show that they had a "Vehicle storage inspection" (which I have never seen before) done by the AZ dealer, but Palm Springs was the one that they were wholesaled to. If they were originally allocated to the AZ dealer, it would have indicated that. Neither show any retail purchases on them. So these very well might have been held by the AZ dealer until Palm Springs got their license. Both vehicles show that they've had their windshields replaced as well.
When they originally showed up on their Hyundai site I looked at the window sticker for each and they showed the AZ dealer. Just looked at them now and they have been changed to Palm Springs. Sounds like you are correct in that the AZ dealer may have gotten them for Palm Springs which means they should be able to sell them as any other new car. Thanks for checking on those.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.