• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Driver seat issues and dealership woes

ventogt

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
It just sounds like all the genesis dealers in your area are crap. I feel for you, they really need to separate from Hyundai dealerships entirely and form Genesis Only dealers.
@Cgo -- where are you located out of curiosity? I'm likely going to be getting a car ~200 miles away from me and I do have several closer dealers but they don't have the car I want [manual]. Sounds like the dealership experience is very hit or miss. Where I test drove an Auto 2.0T sport [no manuals] was on a sloppy Hyundai lot packed to the gills.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That's a very interesting question. The cynic would ask "Do they care?" If the dealers (Hyundai vs Genesis) are not fully segregated, what is the status of the customer care departments (Hyundai vs Genesis)? I don't see a future for the brand unless and until there is a wall between them and a serious house cleaning.
There are a few articles that discusse how despite having award winning cars and tons of acolades, Genesis attempts at gaining status to the likes of BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus are failing badly and have so far been relegated to the rank of expensive, nicer Hyundai. It mentions the issues with dealerships not being separate and consumers not getting the lux experience as the number one problem. No way are BMW, Lex, and Merc buyers willing to give up that experience for a Hyundai level experience. They can afford the premium and it's worth it.

Here are a couple: Genesis luxury cars are great, so why aren't people buying them?

[/URL]

Last edited:

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
UPDATE: So I tried another dealership that is about 40 minutes away. Everything seemed great. Customer service was good albeit still no loaner. They do have them and I was also assigned a personal service manager for all future service needs. He said next time to call him personally and he would arrange a valet or loaner.

Anyway, I had the oil changed and also asked them to check the wheel balance because I knew there was an issue from day one but previous dealers refused to do anything about it because they couldn't recreate the symptoms. These guys didnt even try. They simply said they would check all four wheels no problem.

They changed the oil and found two wheels out of balance and fixed it. Yay!

I checked over the car for dings and blemishes and found that one of the wheels was totally curbed and touch up paint applied. Here we go again. The manager got involved and flatly denied they did anything. Said I must have hit a pot hole on the way over or cubed it myself. It isnt actually curbed. It looks to me as if the wheel fell on its face on the asphalt when they took it off. Its pitted and scored all the way around but not scraped like would happen while rotating.

They basically accused me of the damage and touch up paint. They said they would "try and help me out" by having their wheel repair guy try to improve it but that the cost would be on me and I'd have to take a day off work to drop the car off. Ibwas obviously pi$$ed st the whole ordeal and the gall of them accusing me of trying to pull a fast one on them. I have up and left because they werent budging and i had another appointment to get to.

Once I finally got home i noticed the invoice said they used Valvoline. I called and asked if it was synthetic and the answer was that they used whatever came up by my VIN. I reminded them that the manual and sticker under the hood recommends Quaker State or similar that meets ACEA A5 or higher spec which Valvoline isnt. They said they use the same oils for all the Hyundais and that they dont carry any other oil... wtf looks like I'm changing my own oil which I usually do anyway but thought I'd actually take advantage of the free oil changes. How hard could it be... wrong again.

I regret buying this car because of the dealerships.

Those assholes.

I don't understand how some dealers can be total pieces of shit by treating their customers like this. I can't believe they're being such jerks about the rim. I'd be furious, as I'm sure you are.

Don't get me wrong, I want Genesis to succeed, and I love their cars - but this scumbag Hyundai routine is ridiculous and is destroying what the Genesis brand is trying to become. It really seems like the dealers are 50/50 - half are awesome, half are total shady fools.

I feel for you, though I'm not to the point of regretting buying my car......but I'm getting close. Case in point, my dealer told me that I don't have my full warranty, that I have a "rebranded title" and my car is not eligible for the full 10 year warranty. The service manager doesn't seem to believe me that I didn't buy my car from some random shady dude in a dark alley, or that my car wasn't in an accident where my car was considered a total loss. I F*CKING FLEW ACROSS THE ENTIRE COUNTRY TO BUY MY CAR FROM A LEGIT DEALERSHIP AND MY F*CKING CAR WAS THEIR SHOWROOM CAR! I EVEN HAD THE STATEMENT OF ORIGIN! WTF!! I recently involved Genesis Corporate, but I can't say that I'm very hopeful... Anyway, sorry to take over the thread - just trying to relate with the frustration.

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Those assholes.

I don't understand how some dealers can be total pieces of shit by treating their customers like this. I can't believe they're being such jerks about the rim. I'd be furious, as I'm sure you are.

Don't get me wrong, I want Genesis to succeed, and I love their cars - but this scumbag Hyundai routine is ridiculous and is destroying what the Genesis brand is trying to become. It really seems like the dealers are 50/50 - half are awesome, half are total shady fools.

I feel for you, though I'm not to the point of regretting buying my car......but I'm getting close. Case in point, my dealer told me that I don't have my full warranty, that I have a "rebranded title" and my car is not eligible for the full 10 year warranty. The service manager doesn't seem to believe me that I didn't buy my car from some random shady dude in a dark alley, or that my car wasn't in an accident where my car was considered a total loss. I F*CKING FLEW ACROSS THE ENTIRE COUNTRY TO BUY MY CAR FROM A LEGIT DEALERSHIP AND MY F*CKING CAR WAS THEIR SHOWROOM CAR! I EVEN HAD THE STATEMENT OF ORIGIN! WTF!! I recently involved Genesis Corporate, but I can't say that I'm very hopeful... Anyway, sorry to take over the thread - just trying to relate with the frustration.
Todd could you please tell me what is this story about your warranty? I don't understand why are you having problems with it.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
After buying my car, as I started getting various communications from Genesis addressed to me but with the wrong first name, I found that the manager at my dealership submitted all the paperwork related to my sale with the wrong first name!! 🤯 WTF. I had to send Genesis multiple emails and then proof of ID and a photo of my VIN and paperwork for them to correct it. It was a pain in the ass. God knows how that might have affected a warranty claim or something.

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
After buying my car, as I started getting various communications from Genesis addressed to me but with the wrong first name, I found that the manager at my dealership submitted all the paperwork related to my sale with the wrong first name!! 🤯 WTF. I had to send Genesis multiple emails and then proof of ID and a photo of my VIN and paperwork for them to correct it. It was a pain in the ass. God knows how that might have affected a warranty claim or something.
When I bought my car, my dealership gave me my registration paper and on it they wrote that I financed through Hyundai. I had to correct it before going to the DMV and glad I caught it before registering. I feel your all’s pain

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Someone posted here a few months ago that he leased his new G70 and noticed a month or so later that the vin of the car was not the same as the vin on the lease papers. I remembered that and made sure to check the vin myself before signing my papers.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm curious what kind of balance. Was it rotated? If the tire was dropped when taken off, the chances of it hitting flat and doing that much damage is slim. The tire would take the brunt of the force. Most dealer service areas have no curbs to scrape. If it was spin balanced it could have been hit with a tool or something.

I have to wonder if the balance guy did something and tried to cover it up with paint. Of course, he would not tell the manager. It should have been investigated though. Once problem from his view, service centers and car washes get blamed for a lot of damage. I saw a guy putting his mirror in place just to get into the car wash to blame them for damage. (he did get caught) In your case the service manager should have been able to tell if the touch up paint was done in the past half hour though.

Could have been better handled for sure.
The rim of the front wheels sticks out further than the tire on the sport wheels. The tires are stretched.

It was a Road Force balancer but there arent any rotational scrapes just nics and divots. I'm fairly confident that the wheel fell over or was dropped on its face.

Regardless of how it happened, it happened and it wasn't me. I'd know if I damaged a wheel then applied touch up paint. Lol

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums