3.3T Ecu tune

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just wish we had OBDII flashing! Would make everything so much better.
Plus the car would only be down for 5-10 minutes instead of a week. I can’t do any bench flashing unless I find a second vehicle ( which I’m already doing cause I miss hunting dearly).

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ you could get a 2nd ECU. But auto manufacturers have figured that one out and they are brutally expensive.

Last time I did that was for my B4 S4...~$400. Now Audi caught on and ECU’s are $2k or more!
Ya it’s funny how on the tork website the second ecu is 1000$ when you get the stage 1 tune but if you buy the stage 2 it’s 550$. Something doesn’t quite add up there to me but what do I know about math lol.

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Newbie to forum and soon to take delivery of my G70 AWD Sport Siberian Ice

Reading the exchange on tuner options, having run JB4 on my Infiniti without issue for the last 2.5 years I'm leaning that way initially BUT I'm interested in some of the other options but really I like being able to take my JB4 off in 5 mins flat before I go to the dealer.

Also looking for Exhaust suggestions - downpipes back system without having to tune around CELs? I like th look of the JUN and Kunstwerk systems and I see some of the members are running them, any feedback guys?

Twister

BlackedOutG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Newbie to forum and soon to take delivery of my G70 AWD Sport Siberian Ice

Reading the exchange on tuner options, having run JB4 on my Infiniti without issue for the last 2.5 years I'm leaning that way initially BUT I'm interested in some of the other options but really I like being able to take my JB4 off in 5 mins flat before I go to the dealer.

Also looking for Exhaust suggestions - downpipes back system without having to tune around CELs? I like th look of the JUN and Kunstwerk systems and I see some of the members are running them, any feedback guys?

Twister
Jb4 is the most popular and is the best of the limited options of tunes, followed by LAP3USA, Racechip, and Tork Motorsports. Jb4 customer Service alone is superior over the others. Now regarding exhaust... what level of loudness are you looking for on a scale of 1-10 with stock being valued at 2?
I have the JUN BL Racing catback exhaust and I have had it for about a year now and I wouldn't want any other exhaust. I recommended it to someone else on the forum and they loved it as well. Honestly I'd compare the sound to a Maserati, sounds exotic. Level of loudness I'd probably put it at 8.
Now downpipes you'll want to read through the thread on here regarding downpipes. Some apparently had overboost problems (can be solved with latest jb4 add-on.. EWG) and I had read that aftermarket downpipes offer very little performance gains if any at all. Others had said they are more useful for the exhaust note more than performance gains but I'm not totally sure I never changed mine. Anyways JUN BL sells downpipes, LAP3USA and Kunstwerk as you mentioned already.

G-43897

Thanks for the reply, I like the Maserati compaprison and I’m ok with that, did you get the valve version exhaust? I will get the EWG wires with JB4 anyway and having run downpipes with fast cats on my Q60 RS I think I will do the same maybe the Lap3 model. Did you order your exhaust from US distributor or direct?

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks for the reply, I like the Maserati compaprison and I’m ok with that, did you get the valve version exhaust? I will get the EWG wires with JB4 anyway and having run downpipes with fast cats on my Q60 RS I think I will do the same maybe the Lap3 model. Did you order your exhaust from US distributor or direct?

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
In terms of tuning, it depends on what your looking for... Piggy back wise, JB4 is likely your overall best bet because of the maturity and customer service. Lap3 is also very good from what I've read as well. One person recently ran both and says Lap3 offers more power.. Toss up for me but JB4 costs less. Full ECU tunes - in my opinion - are superior because they aren't altering the data, passing it along and causing the ECU to adjust -- which takes more time. If done right, they will drive better overall. They can adjust important things like timing, torque limits and throttle response. Based on my research Kagan and Tork are close but I would give the nod to Kagan based on his recent 93 octane tune doing 0-60 in 3.3 (3.0 with 1ft rollout).

G-832088

In terms of tuning, it depends on what your looking for... Piggy back wise, JB4 is likely your overall best bet because of the maturity and customer service. Lap3 is also very good from what I've read as well. One person recently ran both and says Lap3 offers more power.. Toss up for me but JB4 costs less. Full ECU tunes - in my opinion - are superior because they aren't altering the data, passing it along and causing the ECU to adjust -- which takes more time. If done right, they will drive better overall. They can adjust important things like timing, torque limits and throttle response. Based on my research Kagan and Tork are close but I would give the nod to Kagan based on his recent 93 octane tune doing 0-60 in 3.3 (3.0 with 1ft rollout).
Thanks. So with Tork or Kagan you send them your chip and they flash it and send it back?

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
thanks, for Tork or Kagan - what's the process - I live in Canada so popping to the tuner isn't really an option - I see discussions about mailing them your chip? How easy is it to get at / put in / take out?

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Kagan doesnt have an actual tune you can buy yet iirc. Plus a launch at 3.3 might be great, but I have concerns about reliability around that much of an improvement. It is exciting though, I want to see more from Kagan because Tork is just a huge PITA

The biggest roadblocks to sending your ECU tune is having a dead car for as long as it takes to mail them the ECU, them to clone and flash, and to ship back. Along with warranty issues since mileage and true torque values can be pulled by a dealer. No clue on how to take it out, I dont think its very hard though

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Kagan doesnt have an actual tune you can buy yet iirc. Plus a launch at 3.3 might be great, but I have concerns about reliability around that much of an improvement. It is exciting though, I want to see more from Kagan because Tork is just a huge PITA

The biggest roadblocks to sending your ECU tune is having a dead car for as long as it takes to mail them the ECU, them to clone and flash, and to ship back. Along with warranty issues since mileage and true torque values can be pulled by a dealer. No clue on how to take it out, I dont think its very hard though

thanks Jo

BlackedOutG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It's a Korean company so I ordered from a 3rd party from someone off Ebay. Pretty pricey once shipping and handling is factored in but well worth the money in my opinion

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It's a Korean company so I ordered from a 3rd party from someone off Ebay. Pretty pricey once shipping and handling is factored in but well worth the money in my opinion

Did you get the model with valves in for controlling sound - open or closed type of thing?

BlackedOutG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Did you get the model with valves in for controlling sound - open or closed type of thing?
No, it was too much more money for me and I don't really care for having it since I'd be driving with valves open all the time if I had it lol.

BlackedOutG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
last talk of ECU tunes was back in February. Does anyone have updates on the Tork, Kagander, or Pressertech tunes?

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
No, it was too much more money for me and I don't really care for having it since I'd be driving with valves open all the time if I had it lol.

yeah who am I kidding LOL

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Don't see much in the Toronto area online, maybe I need to switch my search to Stinger ECU tunes
I don’t think you’re going to find anything in your area considering the tunes are a mail it and get it back kind of deal...unless you get a JB4 and have a dyno tuner create you a custom map

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
last talk of ECU tunes was back in February. Does anyone have updates on the Tork, Kagander, or Pressertech tunes?
Tons. Tork is still an a*****e but continues to produce results. His main car guy for testing is now gone though so who knows. Stage 1 tune is for sale, stage 2 seems to always be a work in progress. Kagan is a ghost that just posts crazy numbers once every couple months and so far still has nothing solid to sell. Pressertech so far seems to be a fake tune. Those who have gotten it and posted on stinger forum have been slower or same speed as stock. Those forum posters are all we have to go by, I think pressertech isn’t worth crap at this point

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums