3.3T Ecu tune

mrcleeaan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
especially as I was asking about getting EWG wires pre-installed (which they won't) and swapping out plugs for higher std ones (they will). Thanks for the heads up BTW. Now I'll need to sell it when it gets here.
You should contact them about sending it back for a refund.

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Loving my JB4 and CAIs - messing around on map 2 and trying to get used to launch control - 4.44 and 12.47 tonight with my summer tires on....boostane just added so will try Map 3 tomorrow as weather is supposed to be cold and crisp @ 12 degrees

Rlk20025

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am planning to test the Tork tunes out this winter. I am starting with Stage 1 to see how I like it compared to my JB4. His online presence is not always great but the results are, so I am giving it a shot. I did the spare ECU option since it was only $550 and gives me the benefit of no downtime for future revisions kr dealer visits. I received my ECU back the day after they received it. Now just waiting on my tuned spare which should hopefully arrive soon. If I see sufficient improvement and have confidence in the tune, I may go further with 1plus. Happy to share my experience either way once I have time to test and work out all the kinks.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Loving my JB4 and CAIs - messing around on map 2 and trying to get used to launch control - 4.44 and 12.47 tonight with my summer tires on....boostane just added so will try Map 3 tomorrow as weather is supposed to be cold and crisp @ 12 degrees

Awd or rwd?

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am planning to test the Tork tunes out this winter. I am starting with Stage 1 to see how I like it compared to my JB4. His online presence is not always great but the results are, so I am giving it a shot. I did the spare ECU option since it was only $550 and gives me the benefit of no downtime for future revisions kr dealer visits. I received my ECU back the day after they received it. Now just waiting on my tuned spare which should hopefully arrive soon. If I see sufficient improvement and have confidence in the tune, I may go further with 1plus. Happy to share my experience either way once I have time to test and work out all the kinks.

Looking forward to seeing your results. Would be good for someone to try the kagan tune one day too

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Joho75287

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Upstate South Carolina
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Now go find some e85 and mix up an e30 blend and try some of the higher maps.... things start to get fun...😈

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Now go find some e85 and mix up an e30 blend and try some of the higher maps.... things start to get fun...😈

I wish, can't find it, don't think I can get it in Canada where I am although I did see someone who was shipping ethanol down from northern Ontario. Going to have to rely on something like Boostane I think :(:cry:

Joho75287

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Upstate South Carolina
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I wish, can't find it, don't think I can get it in Canada where I am although I did see someone who was shipping ethanol down from northern Ontario. Going to have to rely on something like Boostane I think :(:cry:
Ahhh sorry. Didn’t realize you were up north. Didn’t mean to rub it in, my bad. I’ve read that lots of folks have good results with boostane.
Do you have any speed shops around where you might get race gas every once in awhile for fun??

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ahhh sorry. Didn’t realize you were up north. Didn’t mean to rub it in, my bad. I’ve read that lots of folks have good results with boostane.
Do you have any speed shops around where you might get race gas every once in awhile for fun??

Np, although I do love SC. I can get across border in 90 minutes so that's an option but will see what the boostane does, they have 3 to try so starting with Premium first then will try Professional. Will do some runs later on Map 3 and post logs to make sure they are ok.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Did you end up getting the Tork tune?

Rlk20025

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Did you end up getting the Tork tune?
Yeah I got it. Took a very long time to get the tuned spare ECU and I haven’t been driving much these days since I got it. That said, my initial impression is...meh. Its a little quicker, but still comparable to map 2-3 of the JB4. I’m told it may improve as the car adapts, but I am not sure about that.

Long story short, I still need more time with it, but so far, stage 1 hasn’t impressed sufficiently to say it warrants the extra costs above and beyond the JB4. Drivability is similar. Reliability is expected to be better but who knows. I am waiting to give them a chance to review some logs I sent to see if a revision can make it any quicker, but at least for now, I would stick with the JB4 unless you are very patient and have extra cash to burn. They are incredibly slow. I have never dealt with a shop with such slow turnaround for everything. The only thing that was quick was getting my stock ECU back from them. He also hasn’t done anything to really improve launch control. So IMO, its still slow unless you brake snip.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah I got it. Took a very long time to get the tuned spare ECU and I haven’t been driving much these days since I got it. That said, my initial impression is...meh. Its a little quicker, but still comparable to map 2-3 of the JB4. I’m told it may improve as the car adapts, but I am not sure about that.

Long story short, I still need more time with it, but so far, stage 1 hasn’t impressed sufficiently to say it warrants the extra costs above and beyond the JB4. Drivability is similar. Reliability is expected to be better but who knows. I am waiting to give them a chance to review some logs I sent to see if a revision can make it any quicker, but at least for now, I would stick with the JB4 unless you are very patient and have extra cash to burn. They are incredibly slow. I have never dealt with a shop with such slow turnaround for everything. The only thing that was quick was getting my stock ECU back from them. He also hasn’t done anything to really improve launch control. So IMO, its still slow unless you brake snip.

Wow, that really surprises me but I sure appreciate the frank evaluation of the product. I would have bet money the launch would be far superior since he's got full access to the ECU controlling torque limits etc... and that kind of customer service is not something that makes anyone happy.

JB4 is really the best game in town and the customer service is outstanding. There also seems to be a steady stream of improvements and new features.

Many thanks for the info!

Joho75287

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Upstate South Carolina
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Wow, that really surprises me but I sure appreciate the frank evaluation of the product. I would have bet money the launch would be far superior since he's got full access to the ECU controlling torque limits etc... and that kind of customer service is not something that makes anyone happy.

JB4 is really the best game in town and the customer service is outstanding. There also seems to be a steady stream of improvements and new features.

I've read a lot of similar info about tork and negative customer service. He posts up a lot of good numbers from his shop stinger on the 3.3/2.0 performance group on facebook and has a bunch of fanboys, but he also shitposts a lot about his competitors - kind of discouraging from a professional perspective.
I ordered a billet oil filter cover from him and the threads are wrong for a G70. Prior to ordering I asked if it would work for a G70 and he said yes. I assume stinger and G70 oil filter covers are the same and it seems like he did as well, so there's something bad about the one I got. I haven't bothered to try to return it to contact him about it, I chalked it up to a, "oh well, doesn't work and not worth the effort to send back".

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about BMS. Hell, Terry has directly responded to email questions to me on a Sunday before. They are always willing to help and very customer centric.

Rlk20025

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Sure no problem. And yeah I was surprised too. I don’t intend to come across as shitting on the tune. Its definitely not bad, its just that for the money, time, and hassle, I am not convinced its worth it yet. If he can get me into 11s with no brake snip, I would be a happy camper. So far, it ran a 12.2 with a 4.2 0-60 but thats doable with JB4 and good fuel. So if he can adjust the launch, it would be a game changer. I am also going to retest under better conditions as well. I will share some updates if anything meaningful changes.

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sure no problem. And yeah I was surprised too. I don’t intend to come across as shitting on the tune. Its definitely not bad, its just that for the money, time, and hassle, I am not convinced its worth it yet. If he can get me into 11s with no brake snip, I would be a happy camper. So far, it ran a 12.2 with a 4.2 0-60 but thats doable with JB4 and good fuel. So if he can adjust the launch, it would be a game changer. I am also going to retest under better conditions as well. I will share some updates if anything meaningful changes.
Yeah the JB4 makes things pretty seamless in terms of getting to where you are at. I’m doing 12.2 and 4.1 just with JB4 and CAI on winter tires and usually with full tank. All I want to do is get under 4 and hoping the extra hp from a full exhaust is going to get me there. Not going to do brake snip either so I’ll have to make do with regular launch and maybe go to Map 5.

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Truly impressive numbers Twister. Glad to see the day a 3 liter V6 could achieve such numbers.
As witnessed technology has taught us muscle car philosophy of old reasoning has been superseded.

trdehmer

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You AWD or RWD? I've been seriously considering doing exactly what you did, getting a clone ECU from Tork. Best I've done using Launch Control is 4.45s 0-60MPH via Dragy (JB4). Map 3 even with E85 seems to give me too high of timing deviations. So, if the Tork tune could get me down to the low 4's it would be worth the money to me. But, I really wanted him to get into the launch control system to improve that before purchasing.

Pressertech has a tune as well in which you can send them your ECU. I just haven't heard really anything about it (not that I did a search over on the Stinger forums).

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners