• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

G70 Lease Comparisons and Discussion (USA)

Tonester

SUSTAINING MEMBER
San Francisco, CA - Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
(Assuming the lease deal gives you $3,000 off but then you have a $750 fee + additional taxes.) Just a possibility to consider.
With $3K of lease cash and $750 acquisition plus $400 disposition, you're still $1850 ahead going with the lease. This assumes there are no differences in taxation between buy and lease. From what I'm reading for California, I'll pay tax on the monthly lease (thank you @TurtleBoy ) plus tax on the RV when I buy the car at lease end. This should add up to an almost equivalent $ amount for lease and purchase. In fact, it should be lower cost with the lease if you consider the time value of money. i.e. paying tax up front for purchase versus the same tax over a period of time for lease. Yeah the lease tax includes the MF, but that is very low and seems to be in the noise level. Does that sound right?

Buttonclicker

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Hey all, i've stumbled across this forum doing research on the g70 and the amount of information you passionate gentlemen provide is amazing. I'm not the most experienced with leasing and was wondering if any of you could tell me what a good deal on the 2.0 AWD with elite package would be? is the Circle pricing better than the "family and friends special" my local dealership is currently offering? any info would be greatly appreciated!

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Buttonclicker

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Welcome to the forum! Hard to say what the family and friends will be but would imagine Circle pricing will be lower. The Circle pricing should be about $39.5k before incentives. The lease cash is currently $4k and if you have a Genesis or competing brand you can get another $1k.

Hopefully that helps.
thank you sir!

Ruach

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey Guys, I finally pull the trigger and pick it up today!
3.3T Victoria Black Sport with Gray Stitch Interior!
0 down. Just the first month payment. $559 per month. 36/15k per year.
A huge thanks to r_spec for the Circle Pricing! Without it, it would've been impossible!
:D

twobits21

Registered Member
RV - 49%, MF - .00010, Lease Cash - $4k, Auto Show - $1k

Source - the answer to your post on Edmunds ;)

2019 Genesis G70 Lease Deals and Prices
Thanks. The reason I posted here is because if you look on that same thread on the Edmunds site, someone else asked for the same numbers on the same vehicle in the same county as me, but got different numbers (RV). I attached the screenshot here. Was just trying to confirm which is correct.

Attachments

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks. The reason I posted here is because if you look on that same thread on the Edmunds site, someone else asked for the same numbers on the same vehicle in the same county as me, but got different numbers (RV). I attached the screenshot here. Was just trying to confirm which is correct.
Edmunds are the correct numbers. Unless a regular poster intervened...which nobody should.

Also...numbers are national. Make sure you’re looking for June numbers.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Last edited:

TurtleBoy