• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

G70 LED vs Stock Turn & Reverse Lights

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm returning the Lasfit led the other one (post #229) are cheaper and they are little less bright. I'm guessing the high brightness on the Lasfit making them overheat quick. For $54 is just not worth it.
I agree with you at some point and I've added your bulbs to my watch list in Amazon just in case I need them in a near future but what about long term reliability? My LASFIT have been working flawlessly for 9 months just like the ones from @Toddasaurus and @Beefer . Time will tell.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I agree with you at some point and I've added your bulbs to my watch list in Amazon just in case I need them in a near future but what about long term reliability? My LASFIT have been working flawlessly for 9 months just like the ones from @Toddasaurus and @Beefer . Time will tell.
Yeah...no issues here.

But...the other day I had my hazards on...probably like 5 minutes. Suddenly I get a “check left bulb” message. Turned them off and it cleared in 10 seconds. But I knew about this...so no biggie.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah...no issues here.

But...the other day I had my hazards on...probably like 5 minutes. Suddenly I get a “check left bulb” message. Turned them off and it cleared in 10 seconds. But I knew about this...so no biggie.

Mine are working great as well. I only had an error message once, when it was hot outside and I used remote start and let it sit for 5+ minutes, and I immediately sat at a left turn light for several minutes. Everything reset while driving less than one minute later.

So far the LasFit bulbs have been great.

rkar

Registered Member
Guys can I get one last set up guide on the LED's? I'm confused now on which ones to purchase for the G70. I don't want something too bright but just right. Do I go Lasfit or do I go another route. Any help would be appreciated. Looking for reverse and turn LED's..

trdehmer

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Since the Amazon links don't work to go to the correct reverse lights - what model/type of bulb are they for the reverse lights please - looks like 921's?

Anyone tried these (Lasfit doesn't appear to have them on Amazon).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072FHNZKW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Okay. So I ended up buying a set of LASFIT LED bulbs to replace the rear turn signals, and reverse lights. Here are the links where I bought them...

Rear Turn Signals: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CMT1Q6Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=salsbloofnot-20

Reverse Lights: Amazon.com: Headphone Adapter for iPhone X Adapter Aux Audio to 3.5mm Jack 2 in 1 Cables for iPhone 7 Earphone Dongle Splitter Adapter for Music and Charging Compatible for iPhone 8/8Plus /XS Max Support All iOS

The bulbs are very nice. They feel like a quality product and offer a lot of features (ie heat sinks, CANbus integration, built in resistors [turn signals only]). You can see how they stack up against the OEM bulbs, a bit taller and bigger...View attachment 18598

Installation is just about as easy as any other newer car. You must remove the taillight assembly first, then install the replacement lights. I made a video for those of you who haven't done anything like it before. It's pretty straightforward, though... (Installation is reverse of removal, obviously) If you do end up watching it, forgive my shaky cellphone video, I suck at multitasking and one handed camera operation. :druff:

How-To Install

Now, onto the comparisons!

Turn Signal LED vs OEM

Reverse Lights LED vs OEM

Hope this helps anyone who is interested. For me, they are perfect. They are definitely brighter than stock, but I don't think they're too bright. Worth the upgrade in my opinion!

Last edited:

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Since the Amazon links don't work to go to the correct reverse lights - what model/type of bulb are they for the reverse lights please - looks like 921's?

Anyone tried these (Lasfit doesn't appear to have them on Amazon).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072FHNZKW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Reverse LED...

Azmatik

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey guy I am in the process of installing a "tail as turn lights + backup module" so I will have double the reverse lighting and I saw pictures of the front turn signals turned to white LED instead of amber and also the were always on! So I was wondering if anyone knows where to get some sort of device and also white bulbs for the mirror turn signals

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey guy I am in the process of installing a "tail as turn lights + backup module" so I will have double the reverse lighting and I saw pictures of the front turn signals turned to white LED instead of amber and also the were always on! So I was wondering if anyone knows where to get some sort of device and also white bulbs for the mirror turn signals
This is the only one I'm aware of...

2Way Front DayLight Fog Lamp DRL LED Module for HYUNDAI 2017- 2018 Genesis G70 | eBay

It still blinks in Amber. Haven't seen any side mirror color changes.

Azmatik

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
*All stated bulbs are Canadian G70* I have been doing alot of research and the manual says "back up lamp" w16w which is bulb 921 LED. "Turn signal lamp" p27w is 3156 LED. I was originally going to use a tail as turn signal mod that I have decided not to anymore, instead I am going with either a Red 3157 LED turn signal bulb or just a clear red vinyl wrap with white 3156 LED bulb. I have heard 3157 will still fit the socket and work but I can't confirm it yet I will have my bulbs ASAP and will update. I hope this helps!

Azmatik

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
*All stated bulbs are Canadian G70* I have been doing alot of research and the manual says "back up lamp" w16w which is bulb 921 LED. "Turn signal lamp" p27w is 3156 LED. I was originally going to use a tail as turn signal mod that I have decided not to anymore, instead I am going with either a Red 3157 LED turn signal bulb or just a clear red vinyl wrap with white 3156 LED bulb. I have heard 3157 will still fit the socket and work but I can't confirm it yet I will have my bulbs ASAP and will update. I hope this helps!
*Update* I received my back up LED lights and they are fantastic! I went and checked the turn signal bulb and my G70 has 1156 bulb sockets so was my manual wrong stating p27w? Is there something im missing? Anyway i will post pics

Attachments

Azmatik

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm so confused by this thread. Wan't to change rear blinkers and reverse lights on the G70 but don't know which ones to buy.
Honestly my best advice would be to remove the tail light and see what bulbs you require but I'm going to say its "921 backup" and "1156 turn signal" search those numbers on Amazon and pick a bulb. The housing is very easy to remove and only 4 bolts to take out just be careful removing the housing it doesn't drop on the ground because it takes a bit of force to hit it out, I used a mallet and tapped on the screw that the bolts went on to get it out. I ordered some red vinyl wrap and red turn signal bulbs just waiting on them to arrive if you want to wait and see what they look like before you order, hope this helped a bit!
P.S. these are the reverse light I ordered SiriusLED Backup Reverse Light Canbus error free LED Bulb Size 921 Super Bright 3030 SMD Xenon White 6000k Pack of 2, Bulbs - Amazon Canada
this is the turn signal I ordered
EverBright 1156 Led Turn Signal Bulb, Canbus No Hyper Flash BA15S 1141 1003 7506 Replacement for Front Rear Turn Signal Blinker Light Bulb Red, 3014 Chipset 144SMD 2800 Lumen(Pack of 2), Bulbs - Amazon Canada

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sigh...

Rear turn signals: 1156 socket type, P21W bulb.
- Example: 1156 P21W 7506 CANBUS Error Free LED Turn Signal Lights Blinker Bulbs | Amber Yellow

Rear backup bulbs: 921 socket type, W16W bulb.
- Example: 921 912 W16W LED Reverse Backup Trunk Cargo Light Bulbs

I understand that my original links no longer work properly, but you should still be able to extrapolate the info from them, along with other posts in this thread if you start from the beginning. And I would edit the original post if I could, but this forum doesn't let me because it's been too long.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sigh...

Rear turn signals: 1156 socket type, P21W bulb.
- Example: 1156 P21W 7506 CANBUS Error Free LED Turn Signal Lights Blinker Bulbs | Amber Yellow

Rear backup bulbs: 921 socket type, W16W bulb.
- Example: 921 912 W16W LED Reverse Backup Trunk Cargo Light Bulbs

I understand that my original links no longer work properly, but you should still be able to extrapolate the info from them, along with other posts in this thread if you start from the beginning. And I would edit the original post if I could, but this forum doesn't let me because it's been too long.
Better links:
Rear Turn Signals

Rear Backup bulbs

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums