G70 LED vs Stock Turn & Reverse Lights

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well gents, one of my Oxilam bulbs shat the bed after 5 months at around 4k miles. Good thing I kept the stock bulbs for the moment. I think I'll try the ones mentioned somewhere in this thread that weren't as bright as the lasfit.

soundman414

Registered Member
Chicago, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well gents, one of my Oxilam bulbs shat the bed after 5 months at around 4k miles. Good thing I kept the stock bulbs for the moment. I think I'll try the ones mentioned somewhere in this thread that weren't as bright as the lasfit.

Same, my left turn signal just died and I also had Oxilam bulbs. I bought a new brand "SIRIUSLED 1156 Anti Hyper Flash Built-in load resistor True 25W Amber Extremely Bright LED Bulb for Turn Signal Only 1156A 7506 Pack of 2" and neither of those worked. So I am going to put the oem one back in and see if it is the wiring at all, and I have ordered a third brand, ANTLINE and will report on if those work when I get them Monday next week. Really frustrating how difficult it is for simple LED bulbs swaps and that there are not any brand name ones that work.

genericgenesis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm VERY ignorant with this stuff, but are bulbs that are dying out cheap brands? I'm sorry some of you are struggling with this. I remember the pain of taking the tail lights out....

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm VERY ignorant with this stuff, but are bulbs that are dying out cheap brands? I'm sorry some of you are struggling with this. I remember the pain of taking the tail lights out....
@Nd1017 bought the Lasfit bulbs in December 2018, @Toddasaurus , @Beefer and me bough the same bulbs on March 2019, all of them are still working flawlessly.

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Same, my left turn signal just died and I also had Oxilam bulbs. I bought a new brand "SIRIUSLED 1156 Anti Hyper Flash Built-in load resistor True 25W Amber Extremely Bright LED Bulb for Turn Signal Only 1156A 7506 Pack of 2" and neither of those worked. So I am going to put the oem one back in and see if it is the wiring at all, and I have ordered a third brand, ANTLINE and will report on if those work when I get them Monday next week. Really frustrating how difficult it is for simple LED bulbs swaps and that there are not any brand name ones that work.

When I pulled out the old LED bulbs to temporarily swap them for the OEM's, I found that I was having trouble getting one of the old bulbs to connect. Upon inspecting inside the turn signal housing, it looked like the metal connector which makes contact with the back of the bulb had been bent in. I believe it wasn't contacting the back of the OEM bulb I was trying to put in, so I reached my finger in and bent it up a bit towards where the bulb goes in and it works fine. Sorry that was probably not a good description, and I don't have pics, but that might be your issue, so check to see if the metal connector is touching the contact point on the back of the bulb.

I got the new LED's in the mail. Can't speak to the longevity, but they are not nearly as offensively bright as the Oxilam bulbs they replaced. Very satisfied with performance.

Edit: For clarification, the new ones I got were the ones in post 229 of this thread.

Nd1017

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
@Nd1017 bought the Lasfit bulbs in December 2018, @Toddasaurus , @Beefer and me bough the same bulbs on March 2019, all of them are still working flawlessly.
Still working here too. Didnt want to deal with bad bulbs burning out went for quality and glad in this case it paid off

Enigma36

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Honestly my best advice would be to remove the tail light and see what bulbs you require but I'm going to say its "921 backup" and "1156 turn signal" search those numbers on Amazon and pick a bulb. The housing is very easy to remove and only 4 bolts to take out just be careful removing the housing it doesn't drop on the ground because it takes a bit of force to hit it out, I used a mallet and tapped on the screw that the bolts went on to get it out. I ordered some red vinyl wrap and red turn signal bulbs just waiting on them to arrive if you want to wait and see what they look like before you order, hope this helped a bit!
P.S. these are the reverse light I ordered SiriusLED Backup Reverse Light Canbus error free LED Bulb Size 921 Super Bright 3030 SMD Xenon White 6000k Pack of 2, Bulbs - Amazon Canada
this is the turn signal I ordered
EverBright 1156 Led Turn Signal Bulb, Canbus No Hyper Flash BA15S 1141 1003 7506 Replacement for Front Rear Turn Signal Blinker Light Bulb Red, 3014 Chipset 144SMD 2800 Lumen(Pack of 2), Bulbs - Amazon Canada
How are your EverBright turn signal LEDs holding up. Want to make the switch but I’m a cheap ass. Would rather get these than spend the extra $40 for the Lasfits

Azmatik

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
How are your EverBright turn signal LEDs holding up. Want to make the switch but I’m a cheap ass. Would rather get these than spend the extra $40 for the Lasfits
Sorry I have not updated. The bulbs are high quality I love them, no hyper flash no issues at all. The only "issue" is since the turn signal part of the housing is clear its slightly different colour red but its ok you could easily apply some light tint wrap to that part or try wrap the lightbulb itself? Perhaps even translucent paint? I just ignored it and got over after a week. I tried video record the difference but my camera just couldn't pick it up. They took like a month to come in but they are the cheapest bulb with resistors built in so I would suggest them, I will try to take a pic of the red.

Attachments

• 20191209_133310.jpg
    20191209_133310.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 30

Enigma36

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sorry I have not updated. The bulbs are high quality I love them, no hyper flash no issues at all. The only "issue" is since the turn signal part of the housing is clear its slightly different colour red but its ok you could easily apply some light tint wrap to that part or try wrap the lightbulb itself? Perhaps even translucent paint? I just ignored it and got over after a week. I tried video record the difference but my camera just couldn't pick it up. They took like a month to come in but they are the cheapest bulb with resistors built in so I would suggest them, I will try to take a pic of the red.
Thanks! I ordered these along with the Lasfit reverse LEDs off Amazon. Will post pics when I get them on.

FastEddie

“Did you check the safety manual?” -Yogi Bear
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You are using red for the signals? 🤔

Enigma36

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Got mine installed today. Went with the EverBrights for the turn signals and the Lasfit for the reverse lights. Pretty easy install. It was a bit concerning that the nuts were pretty loose when I went to remove them. Took about 20 mins to do. Thanks for the instructional video @Toddasaurus!

0A30CD15-50F5-47F6-AF8A-C278EB569D98.jpeg 0D87BC51-24CC-4720-9E01-4F9B29274BA8.jpeg

Last edited:

TO Genesis

Hasn't posted much yet...
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Installed the "Pickle Bulbs" and Sirius backup bulbs. Took a Sharpie and blacked out all but the two centre LED's on the end of the signal bulb to try and cut down the amount of light projecting directly back. Todd's instruction video was a great help and as others have noted, the most difficult part of the install was persuading the assemblies to release from the fender - in my case it required a gentle tap with a plastic headed mallet.

Well, my drivers side turn signal failed last night. Would have been nice if it happened when I was off for two weeks over Christmas and weather was relatively mild. Just going to pull the LEDs and go back to the original bulbs, which I saved.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well, my drivers side turn signal failed last night. Would have been nice if it happened when I was off for two weeks over Christmas and weather was relatively mild. Just going to pull the LEDs and go back to the original bulbs, which I saved.

Which ones did you originally get?

Azmatik

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Got mine installed today. Went with the EverBrights for the turn signals and the Lasfit for the reverse lights. Pretty easy install. It was a bit concerning that the nuts were pretty loose when I went to remove them. Took about 20 mins to do. Thanks for the instructional video @Toddasaurus!

View attachment 26129 View attachment 26130
Congrats! Whats your thoughts on the turn signals so far? I personally love mine and thank you for the clear images unfortunately I couldn't take good enough pics

TO Genesis

Hasn't posted much yet...
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Which ones did you originally get?

The ones in post 165, page 9 - can't figure out how to drag the information over. TBH to my eye it was blindingly - pun intended - obvious that these were still single bulbs, not proper LED turn signals so no great loss. Just pissed that I'm going to have to do this in my driveway in the winter.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The ones in post 165, page 9 - can't figure out how to drag the information over. TBH to my eye it was blindingly - pun intended - obvious that these were still single bulbs, not proper LED turn signals so no great loss. Just pissed that I'm going to have to do this in my driveway in the winter.

Ah, these ones I presume?

2-Pack 1156 BA15S 7506 1141 1003 P21W Extremely Bright Amber/Yellow Non-Polarity Canbus Error Code Free LED Turn Signal Light Blink Bulb - No Need Load Resistors to Fix LED Bulb Fast Hyper Flash: Amazon.ca: Automotive

I can understand the frustration doing car work in the middle of winter, especially if it's snowing and/or below freezing out! At least they weren't super expensive...

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners