G70 LED vs Stock Turn & Reverse Lights

TO Genesis

Hasn't posted much yet...
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ah, these ones I presume?

2-Pack 1156 BA15S 7506 1141 1003 P21W Extremely Bright Amber/Yellow Non-Polarity Canbus Error Code Free LED Turn Signal Light Blink Bulb - No Need Load Resistors to Fix LED Bulb Fast Hyper Flash: Amazon.ca: Automotive

I can understand the frustration doing car work in the middle of winter, especially if it's snowing and/or below freezing out! At least they weren't super expensive...

Those were the ones - they're out now. Look advantage of today's +5C weather and left the office a little early. Once again your video was helpful. I shouldn't grumble too much - this was nothing compered to your travails.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Those were the ones - they're out now. Look advantage of today's +5C weather and left the office a little early. Once again your video was helpful. I shouldn't grumble too much - this was nothing compered to your travails.

Ah no worries! In my opinion everyone is always welcome and justified in venting their frustrations about working in cars. I would be irritated as well if I were in the same situation as you - especially with that weather!!

As for my own travails, they were my own fault and I brought them on myself, so I can only complain so much. But it sure was stressful while I was in the midst of it! 😵

Pickle

Crunchy and Sour
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well, my drivers side turn signal failed last night. Would have been nice if it happened when I was off for two weeks over Christmas and weather was relatively mild. Just going to pull the LEDs and go back to the original bulbs, which I saved.

Crap news. FWIW, Mine are still going strong.
I think they have a 1 year warranty too.

TO Genesis

Hasn't posted much yet...
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Crap news. FWIW, Mine are still going strong.
I think they have a 1 year warranty too.

I've remote started the car fairly frequently - cooling down in summer & warming up in winter, which might have contributed. I don't think I'll bother replacing them.

Enigma36

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Congrats! Whats your thoughts on the turn signals so far? I personally love mine and thank you for the clear images unfortunately I couldn't take good enough pics
So far so good. No complaints from anyone behind me saying they are too bright haha

Rlk20025

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Okay. So I ended up buying a set of LASFIT LED bulbs to replace the rear turn signals, and reverse lights. Here are the links where I bought them...

Rear Turn Signals: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...tle_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=salsbloofnot-20

Reverse Lights: Amazon.com: Headphone Adapter for iPhone X Adapter Aux Audio to 3.5mm Jack 2 in 1 Cables for iPhone 7 Earphone Dongle Splitter Adapter for Music and Charging Compatible for iPhone 8/8Plus /XS Max Support All iOS

The bulbs are very nice. They feel like a quality product and offer a lot of features (ie heat sinks, CANbus integration, built in resistors [turn signals only]). You can see how they stack up against the OEM bulbs, a bit taller and bigger... View attachment 18598

Installation is just about as easy as any other newer car. You must remove the taillight assembly first, then install the replacement lights. I made a video for those of you who haven't done anything like it before. It's pretty straightforward, though... (Installation is reverse of removal, obviously) If you do end up watching it, forgive my shaky cellphone video, I suck at multitasking and one handed camera operation. :druff:

How-To Install

Now, onto the comparisons!

Turn Signal LED vs OEM

Reverse Lights LED vs OEM

Hope this helps anyone who is interested. For me, they are perfect. They are definitely brighter than stock, but I don't think they're too bright. Worth the upgrade in my opinion!

I have dark tint on my windows and I was backing in the garage recently thinking I wish the reverse lights were brighter and then I come across your post. Thanks for putting this up! Ordered my last fits tonight!

kolme

"Diablo Rojo"
Texas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Same, my left turn signal just died and I also had Oxilam bulbs. I bought a new brand "SIRIUSLED 1156 Anti Hyper Flash Built-in load resistor True 25W Amber Extremely Bright LED Bulb for Turn Signal Only 1156A 7506 Pack of 2" and neither of those worked. So I am going to put the oem one back in and see if it is the wiring at all, and I have ordered a third brand, ANTLINE and will report on if those work when I get them Monday next week. Really frustrating how difficult it is for simple LED bulbs swaps and that there are not any brand name ones that work.

Hey a little late to the party, but wanted to see if you resolved your problem. If your OEM bulbs are still working, then you are likely having a polarity issue from your description. Some LED bulbs are polarity dependent while others are not. Of note, siriusleds typically are polarity dependent. The fix is to repin the turn signal wires, most easily accomplished at the harness attached to the light housing. The other option is find a non-polarity dependent bulb (the oxilam you had previously is a non-polarity dependent bulb).

Hope this helps.

kolme

"Diablo Rojo"
Texas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
TO ALL PERFECTIONISTS: This light bulb thing has been KILLING ☠ me for the last few days. I tried several different bulbs (Sirius, Teguangmei, Everbright) and remained totally unsatisfied. The deep rich yellow of the front turn signals was completely washed out by utter blinding and Easter 🐇 yellow light. I ended up doing a bit of research on SMD lights, lighting strips, adapters, everything. I came up with a solution and some information. (SKIP TO SOLUTION to avoid my ramblings)

INFORMATION

1. Most bulbs use 3030 or 2835 SMDs. These are the BRIGHTEST :geek: and highest wattage bulbs typically used. They're popular in hyperflash applications because if enough are put together, they can result in a significant wattage to trick the relay system. Unfortunately they are CRAZY 🤪bright. The SMDs inherent properties DO NOT VARY from bulb to bulb maker when using the same SMD #. AKA Lasfit SMD 3030 is the same as SiriusLed 3030. The difference is bulb design (safety features, etc).

2. Attempting to place a relay on your lights is TOUGH due to the wiring scheme, with the ground wire running to multiple lights. Mounting a resistor within the housing is possible but SKETCHY as its a plastic mount. Mounting it between the light and car is impossible. Only mounting it inside, on a screw post is likely possible. It's alot of effort and opening the light housing wouldn't be fun; it appears to be plastic welded. No thanks 🙄.

SOLUTION (until somebody makes some aftermarket LED bling). Please perform at your own risk ⚠.

After playing with multiple bulbs, different colored sharpies, learning how glass paint works, having several glasses of wine🍷, and staring at my car for hours 😳, I discovered a way to reproduce the perfect yellow 💡to match the front lights and at a brightness that is also perfect.

For Reference these are the bulbs that I used. LASFIT would also work great. Teguangmei Turn Signal Bulbs. These use SMD3030s (same as LASFIT).

Using a Black Sharpie (industrial strength for good measure), I blacked out 5/9 of the SMD chips (On Lastfit, I recommend only 2, as only 6 SMDs exist per side). This SIGNIFICANTLY improved the brightness issue. However the color washout remained.

Using a Yellow Sharpie I filled in the remaining SMDs and then reinstalled (same for LASTFIT). This resulted in a LITERAL PERFECT COLOR MATCH to the front bulbs with brightness matching the front turn signals.
See this example picture of how this works.

61Dl2wgSfWL._SL1000_.jpg
IF YOU MESS UP, don't freto_O. Use a dab of 90% isopropyl etoh on a cloth and wipe the sharpie clean and wait to dry.
I didn't take a video of the lights on because cameras seem to have significant trouble capturing the differences in color. Just trust me on this color thing. Just... do it. Trust my 👀.

Hopefully this solution will remain permanent. Sharpie is fairly heat resistant (industrial to 500F).

kolme

"Diablo Rojo"
Texas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sweet man! I know I get OCD about certain things, so I can't point the finger. I'm more than happy with my lasfit replacements, but it's nice to know that you can get the color just right with some custom modification.

kolme

"Diablo Rojo"
Texas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sweet man! I know I get OCD about certain things, so I can't point the finger. I'm more than happy with my lasfit replacements, but it's nice to know that you can get the color just right with some custom modification.
Yeahhhh unfortunately I'm a super perfectionist, to an obvious fault. But hopefully someone gets some use out of my OCPD :)

dondrik10

Long Island
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
TO ALL PERFECTIONISTS: This light bulb thing has been KILLING ☠ me for the last few days. I tried several different bulbs (Sirius, Teguangmei, Everbright) and remained totally unsatisfied. The deep rich yellow of the front turn signals was completely washed out by utter blinding and Easter 🐇 yellow light. I ended up doing a bit of research on SMD lights, lighting strips, adapters, everything. I came up with a solution and some information. (SKIP TO SOLUTION to avoid my ramblings)

INFORMATION

1. Most bulbs use 3030 or 2835 SMDs. These are the BRIGHTEST :geek: and highest wattage bulbs typically used. They're popular in hyperflash applications because if enough are put together, they can result in a significant wattage to trick the relay system. Unfortunately they are CRAZY 🤪bright. The SMDs inherent properties DO NOT VARY from bulb to bulb maker when using the same SMD #. AKA Lasfit SMD 3030 is the same as SiriusLed 3030. The difference is bulb design (safety features, etc).

2. Attempting to place a relay on your lights is TOUGH due to the wiring scheme, with the ground wire running to multiple lights. Mounting a resistor within the housing is possible but SKETCHY as its a plastic mount. Mounting it between the light and car is impossible. Only mounting it inside, on a screw post is likely possible. It's alot of effort and opening the light housing wouldn't be fun; it appears to be plastic welded. No thanks 🙄.

SOLUTION (until somebody makes some aftermarket LED bling). Please perform at your own risk ⚠.

After playing with multiple bulbs, different colored sharpies, learning how glass paint works, having several glasses of wine🍷, and staring at my car for hours 😳, I discovered a way to reproduce the perfect yellow 💡to match the front lights and at a brightness that is also perfect.

For Reference these are the bulbs that I used. LASFIT would also work great. Teguangmei Turn Signal Bulbs. These use SMD3030s (same as LASFIT).

Using a Black Sharpie (industrial strength for good measure), I blacked out 5/9 of the SMD chips (On Lastfit, I recommend only 2, as only 6 SMDs exist per side). This SIGNIFICANTLY improved the brightness issue. However the color washout remained.

Using a Yellow Sharpie I filled in the remaining SMDs and then reinstalled (same for LASTFIT). This resulted in a LITERAL PERFECT COLOR MATCH to the front bulbs with brightness matching the front turn signals.
See this example picture of how this works.

View attachment 26531
IF YOU MESS UP, don't freto_O. Use a dab of 90% isopropyl etoh on a cloth and wipe the sharpie clean and wait to dry.
I didn't take a video of the lights on because cameras seem to have significant trouble capturing the differences in color. Just trust me on this color thing. Just... do it. Trust my 👀.

Hopefully this solution will remain permanent. Sharpie is fairly heat resistant (industrial to 500F).
Thanks for this post! I took your advice and purchased the bulbs you listed, and even did the sharpie marker thing. The final product is awesome. I haven't had any hyper flashing either, tested for 5 mins and stopped watching after that.
You really don't realize the difference the LED bulbs make until you compare side by side.
I uploaded a picture to show the difference.
In the picture, the left side is LED whereas the right is regular.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200219-181609_MX Player Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20200219-181609_MX Player Pro.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 63

kolme

"Diablo Rojo"
Texas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks for this post! I took your advice and purchased the bulbs you listed, and even did the sharpie marker thing. The final product is awesome. I haven't had any hyper flashing either, tested for 5 mins and stopped watching after that.
You really don't realize the difference the LED bulbs make until you compare side by side.
I uploaded a picture to show the difference.
In the picture, the left side is LED whereas the right is regular.

Glad it helped! If you find the light a bit too subtle in the daylight, you might erase some of the black sharpie and cover with yellow. I ended up doing this to 3 dots per side after my post.

dondrik10

Long Island
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Glad it helped! If you find the light a bit too subtle in the daylight, you might erase some of the black sharpie and cover with yellow. I ended up doing this to 3 dots per side after my post.
Good tip! From my initial assessment the brightness seems to be good but I'll check it during peak sunlight times.

I also want to mention that before I can across your post, I tried a LED bulb from VLED, and that lights they make are top of the line, but the set up they have for rear signal has several connections to make and an external resistor. No splicing is needed but there is just so much added equipment in such a small space that it just would not work, in addition, the cost was over $150...in case anyone comes across these lights for themselves.

leechri3

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
@Toddasaurus and @Beefer, and anyone else with the lasfit bulbs, any issues with them lately or are they still working fine? I’m looking to upgrade to LED bulbs.

Thanks!

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
@Toddasaurus and @Beefer, and anyone else with the lasfit bulbs, any issues with them lately or are they still working fine? I’m looking to upgrade to LED bulbs.

Thanks!

Still working great! Getting close to 1 year of ownership.

Kirk

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
New owner here and first time posting on this forum..... thanks to all who have posted information and their personal experiences with these LEDs as well as other brands. I just put in my order for both turn signal and reversing bulbs. I think I might even try what Kolme decided to do to try and make the colors match perfectly....thanks for that Kolme.

kolme

"Diablo Rojo"
Texas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
New owner here and first time posting on this forum..... thanks to all who have posted information and their personal experiences with these LEDs as well as other brands. I just put in my order for both turn signal and reversing bulbs. I think I might even try what Kolme decided to do to try and make the colors match perfectly....thanks for that Kolme.
Go for it! Try using the yellow sharpie on all the LEDs first and then black sharpie as needed to lower the brightness. The daytime deff has a major impact and I originally tested those mods in the night.

kolme

"Diablo Rojo"
Texas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
On a related note, the first of several parts has arrived for a hopefully productive project involving our tail lights.
1582749169816759361568922223110.jpg

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners