EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
It says mediation should be finished on or before January 31/2019
Pardon me because I know nothing about laws but how this lawsuit affect other dealers in the state that are hundreds of miles away?
The state will issue a permit to franchise/license for the entire state. Depending on what the suit is all about, one dealer or interested party can tie up the permitting process. Texas has a similar lawsuit.

I don't know for sure this is the one
Hyundai sued by Orlando dealership over Genesis expansions

Could be this Genesis too
Miss Florida USA files $15 million lawsuit after being stripped of her crown

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
It says mediation should be finished on or before January 31/2019
Pardon me because I know nothing about laws but how this lawsuit affect other dealers in the state that are hundreds of miles away?
Who knows. Same thing is going on in Texas, one dealer is suing so until it's resolved, no one else can do it. It's quite possible the state won't give out licenses until everything is squared away.

Edit: Ed beat me to it. I guess that's what I get for just responding to my alerts.

warwick81

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It is tough to tell what the current status of that is, at least without paying for an account. It looks like the court ordered a mediator in July and that was the last information on it.

Action Nissan, Inc. et al v. Hyundai Motor America et al (6:18-cv-00380), Florida Middle District Court

Action Nissan, Inc. et al v. Hyundai Motor America et al Docket Sheet
As an attorney admitted to the Middle District I have access to that!

warwick81

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
For other Florida people in here - DO NOT BUY in Georgia. The state of Florida Department of Motor Vehicles will give credit for sales tax paid in other states but GA charges a Vehicle Value Added Tax on top of sales tax. A GA car will cost you about $3k extra for a 3.3 sport when all is said and done.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
For other Florida people in here - DO NOT BUY in Georgia. The state of Florida Department of Motor Vehicles will give credit for sales tax paid in other states but GA charges a Vehicle Value Added Tax on top of sales tax. A GA car will cost you about $3k extra for a 3.3 sport when all is said and done.
When you buy a car out of state you usually, maybe never, pay sales taxes to the state you are buying the car in. The sales taxes are paid in the state you register the car in. I believe that the Georgia Ad Valorem tax works the same way and is only for Georgia residents.

warwick81

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
When you buy a car out of state you usually, maybe never, pay sales taxes to the state you are buying the car in. The sales taxes are paid in the state you register the car in. I believe that the Georgia Ad Valorem tax works the same way and is only for Georgia residents.
I will have to call and check on that for sure, but my understanding was that GA added the VVAT across the board. I know AL and TN are friendly states to buy from, but only AL has received cars so far and the only 3.3 Sports available are black.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I will have to call and check on that for sure, but my understanding was that GA added the VVAT across the board. I know AL and TN are friendly states to buy from, but only AL has received cars so far and the only 3.3 Sports available are black.
Non-Residents are exempt, see attached screenshot.

Georgia Department of Revenue

Attachments

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
That does not seem right. Any time I bought a car out of state I only paid the tax where registered.
Georgia Department of Revenue

• No. Form ST-8 should be executed to provide for the “drive out” exemption. You will not pay TAVT or Georgia sales tax but will be subject to the taxing rules of your home state. Please reference Form ST-8 to ensure you qualify for this exemption.

governor

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
what a horrible cluster fudge this roll out is... I am shagging my self every day looking at the photos and can't even seem to see one in live. I HATE THIS

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.