G70 US Availability?

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was implying that if you think it is rough in Florida, you should see how it is for us in Seattle. Our closest dealership is in Nevada.
WIth Seattle though...you can at least go see/drive one in Van. At that point if you like the car...you can get it anywhere and get it flatbedded, etc.

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I live in South Florida tricounty area. its hopeless here. honestly I am so jealous of you.... :)
You and I both are on the same boat. It’s extremely frustrating and I’m honestly considering moving to the competition.

Abbas

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Where do you live? If it makes you feel any better...I am literally getting mine within 30 minutes !!!!
woohoo ! congrats in advance.
which trim/options/color? buy or lease ? which dealer?

PS> Nevermind, I found you other thread so you don't have to respond to me here

Last edited:

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I live in South Florida tricounty area. its hopeless here. honestly I am so jealous of you.... :)
Of course, Genesis screwed up initially and now one of the Orlando are dealers is making it worse for everyone else in the state. Customer gets screwed.

jrosen9

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Of course, Genesis screwed up initially and now one of the Orlando are dealers is making it worse for everyone else in the state. Customer gets screwed.
As an Orlando resident, if I end up going with a Genesis I will specifically be avoiding this dealership.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I imagine other Florida approved Genesis dealers will be really upset with this suit. Florida with Texas and California are the biggest Genesis market and because of this dealer at Orlando they can't sell any 2019 Genesis at all. They are lossing money for sure with all this.

speedee

Registered Member
I imagine other Florida approved Genesis dealers will be really upset with this suit. Florida with Texas and California are the biggest Genesis market and because of this dealer at Orlando they can't sell any 2019 Genesis at all. They are lossing money for sure with all this.
If you ever think you messed up at your job, imagine that whoever was in charge of getting these dealers up and running has cost genesis tens (hundreds?) of millions of dollars.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
If you ever think you messed up at your job, imagine that whoever was in charge of getting these dealers up and running has cost genesis tens (hundreds?) of millions of dollars.
Dealers unfortunately don’t see it that way. They believe they are in the right and are holding out and are using the lawsuits as leverage.

Lee55

Registered Member
NC
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You will find more AWD cars north...and RWD south. It makes sense.

Not sure how they are rolling out the various trims, etc...but it must be some sort of point system. Some dealers have gotten 10 cars...some get only 2.

Until they sell and accumulate "points"...they will not get another allocation.

Perhaps this is their method until more states/dealers come online. Throttle what folks get now...so dealers that come online later online are not completely screwed.

My only reasoning on this. Dunno for sure though.
AWD isn't just for snow. The Audi, Mercedes, Volkswagen and BMW offer just as many, if not more AWD variants on the dealership lots her in North Carolina. If an automaker offers AWD as an enhanced driving experience, then they really don't care about the market. If Hyundai wants to go that route with the Genesis, then they should make as many AWD vehicles available here too.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
AWD isn't just for snow. The Audi, Mercedes, Volkswagen and BMW offer just as many, if not more AWD variants on the dealership lots her in North Carolina. If an automaker offers AWD as an enhanced driving experience, then they really don't care about the market. If Hyundai wants to go that route with the Genesis, then they should make as many AWD vehicles available here too.
I'm confused with your third sentence and it may be a typo.
Early on, they may be shipping AWD cars north as snow season is approaching. They should offer them anywhere customers want to buy them. The most successful companies offer for sale what people want to buy.

steintm12

Registered Member
IL
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I, personally, want RWD for the driving dynamics and better trim packaging (19" wheels with wider summer tires), plus lower cost. Unfortunately, all Genesis dealers remotely close to Chicago (Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota) are stocking exclusively AWD. I'm planning to wait a few months, so hopefully RWD availability in the midwest will improve by then.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I'm confused with your third sentence and it may be a typo.
Early on, they may be shipping AWD cars north as snow season is approaching. They should offer them anywhere customers want to buy them. The most successful companies offer for sale what people want to buy.
Well that's not the case. Since the first Hyundai Genesis generation until now it's almost impossible to find a Genesis AWD here in South Florida. I will say that there is not even one AWD in stock now in South Florida nor the last year or the year before.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.