G70 US Availability?

CollinR4

Registered Member
At this point, I get that they've screwed the pooch with the rollout but I'm kind of surprised that the dealers who can sell don't have their pick of G70s or at least a wider variety of inventory. I know they don't want to flood certain markets but some of these dealerships have a very narrow selection (All AWD 2.0s) when there are so many configurations the G70 is available in (2.0 vs 3.3, RWD vs AWD, each package level, etc.). That seems like it would make more sense if they have a rough timeline internally to know when they will likely have additional state approvals to sell 2019s. I'm showing cars.com only has 165 G70s listed total right now.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
At this point, I get that they've screwed the pooch with the rollout but I'm kind of surprised that the dealers who can sell don't have their pick of G70s or at least a wider variety of inventory. I know they don't want to flood certain markets but some of these dealerships have a very narrow selection (All AWD 2.0s) when there are so many configurations the G70 is available in (2.0 vs 3.3, RWD vs AWD, each package level, etc.). That seems like it would make more sense if they have a rough timeline internally to know when they will likely have additional state approvals to sell 2019s. I'm showing cars.com only has 165 G70s listed total right now.
You will find more AWD cars north...and RWD south. It makes sense.

Not sure how they are rolling out the various trims, etc...but it must be some sort of point system. Some dealers have gotten 10 cars...some get only 2.

Until they sell and accumulate "points"...they will not get another allocation.

Perhaps this is their method until more states/dealers come online. Throttle what folks get now...so dealers that come online later online are not completely screwed.

My only reasoning on this. Dunno for sure though.

cars2see

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Looks like CT finally finished the paperwork. Expect the G70 to arrive in Connecticut this week! Key Hyundai or Genesis of Milford will be the first of the dealers with inventory in the state.
Cross-posting this in the US dealers who actually have the G70 available for sale thread.
you in CT?

cars2see

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Yes, still waiting for more dealers to be approved to sell in this state because I don't really want to deal with the folks at Key Hyundai / Genesis of Milford.

It seems like they only have one G70 in their inventory, a G70 AWD 2.0T ELITE: details
i cant even access their inventory, their website sucks ! what dealers are you waiting for?

nodenwire

Registered Member
i cant even access their inventory, their website sucks ! what dealers are you waiting for?
They don't even have an official Genesis site yet, just "auto loans for good people with bad credit" site lol I'm waiting for M. J. Sullivan Genesis of New London but the more options, the merrier. I think Fairfield and Old Saybrook will both be Genesis dealers as well as Danbury and Stamford.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
They don't even have an official Genesis site yet, just "auto loans for good people with bad credit" site lol I'm waiting for M. J. Sullivan Genesis of New London but the more options, the merrier. I think Fairfield and Old Saybrook will both be Genesis dealers as well as Danbury and Stamford.
Unfortunately it looks like as of right now, Milford is the only dealer with a license in CT and no other dealers are accepted franchisees with Genesis. Of course that can change quickly and hopefully it does.

cars2see

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
im located in Manchester so im hoping for a dealer near me which happens to be key Hyundai so hopefully they get their stock up.

nodenwire

Registered Member
im located in Manchester so im hoping for a dealer near me which happens to be key Hyundai so hopefully they get their stock up.
I'm in Milford but will most likely travel farther for this purchase. I'm not confident in the Milford dealership and their tactics and lack of knowledge. Here is a quote from another user who just purchased a G70 from them. Also, New London Genesis is about the same distance from you and there may even be a dealer in Hartford eventually.
Nod, I can't recommend that dealership. They're going to charge you $600 to go to the registry to get/transfer plates for you. Try some place else. The only reason I went there is because they had a black/black vehicle and I was under pressure to buy it. My car was totaled while I was sitting at a red light and I don't have another vehicle. They told me Genesis wants them to do something a certain way. I called Genesis and someone in their finance department said she'd never heard of that.

cars2see

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I'm in Milford but will most likely travel farther for this purchase. I'm not confident in the Milford dealership and their tactics and lack of knowledge. Here is a quote from another user who just purchased a G70 from them. Also, New London Genesis is about the same distance from you and there may even be a dealer in Hartford eventually.
yeah i for sure dont want to buy from them but who knows. have to see how genesis handles this roll out processes because im in no rush and the first experience i had with a g70 was terrible so i really need to give it another try

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
A couple of weeks ago, the Sullivan web page alluded to the Genesis being at the Old Saybrook showroom. Then it disappeared. Not sure what is going on there.

Tonester

Registered Member
San Francisco, CA - Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Sorry to post off topic... (this is our catch all thread), anyone know what happened to the "How to buy a Genesis G70" category? Seems like it was deleted and all of the threads were moved to the root of the forum. I've looked around but have not found any announcement of a re-org of the forum. Also, every page has ALL discussions at the top; kinda confusing, appreciate any insight.

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Sorry to post off topic... (this is our catch all thread), anyone know what happened to the "How to buy a Genesis G70" category? Seems like it was deleted and all of the threads were moved to the root of the forum. I've looked around but have not found any announcement of a re-org of the forum. Also, every page has ALL discussions at the top; kinda confusing, appreciate any insight.
I have wondered the same. Have not been able to find it since this last weekend.

lostelric

Does anyone have any news on a Florida release date?
Last I heard was sometime in December. Don't know if it's still going on but looks like a Orlando dealer at least was suing Genesis and i would imagine if it's still on going that's the hold up. My family has been using a broker for a while in South Florida and i haven't heard anything from him in a bit, i'm sure as soon as he hears something he'll give me a call. Really considering a drive up to Georgia.

Hyundai sued by Orlando dealership over Genesis expansions

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Last I heard was sometime in December. Don't know if it's still going on but looks like a Orlando dealer at least was suing Genesis and i would imagine if it's still on going that's the hold up.
It is tough to tell what the current status of that is, at least without paying for an account. It looks like the court ordered a mediator in July and that was the last information on it.

Action Nissan, Inc. et al v. Hyundai Motor America et al (6:18-cv-00380), Florida Middle District Court

Action Nissan, Inc. et al v. Hyundai Motor America et al Docket Sheet

danygenesis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
It is tough to tell what the current status of that is, at least without paying for an account. It looks like the court ordered a mediator in July and that was the last information on it.

Action Nissan, Inc. et al v. Hyundai Motor America et al (6:18-cv-00380), Florida Middle District Court

Action Nissan, Inc. et al v. Hyundai Motor America et al Docket Sheet
It says mediation should be finished on or before January 31/2019
Pardon me because I know nothing about laws but how this lawsuit affect other dealers in the state that are hundreds of miles away?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.