G70 US Availability?

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
^ Which car you prefer and how you judge equivalencies is ultimately your personal decision but you can't project that onto the market or try to equate the G70 to the Stinger in terms of demand. While anything is possible in the future right now the G70s are selling very well even with a dealer network that is not fully flushed out. Last month they sold 596 and it would be safe to assume that number will rise as Texas, California and Pennsylvania come online.

You also need to keep in mind that the target market for the Genesis brand is different than Kia. Genesis is trying to grab the customers who usually buy BMW, Audi, MB, etc., in general that group will not gravitate towards vehicles due to price but rather performance, luxury, comfort and cachet/ego/bragging. A brand/vehicle that is sold at deep discounts will not generally attract that group.

Anyways, good luck with your decision. :cheers:

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ Which car you prefer and how you judge equivalencies is ultimately your personal decision but you can't project that onto the market or try to equate the G70 to the Stinger in terms of demand. While anything is possible in the future right now the G70s are selling very well even with a dealer network that is not fully flushed out. Last month they sold 596 and it would be safe to assume that number will rise as Texas, California and Pennsylvania come online.

You also need to keep in mind that the target market for the Genesis brand is different than Kia. Genesis is trying to grab the customers who usually buy BMW, Audi, MB, etc., in general that group will not gravitate towards vehicles due to price but rather performance, luxury, comfort and cachet/ego/bragging. A brand/vehicle that is sold at deep discounts will not generally attract that group.

I would echo this. And there is no problem waiting and hoping to obtain a better price later.
At present, many are still waiting on cars to arrive--seem to be more 2.0 than 3.3, so that might be a way to get a lower price.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thus my dilemma. I loved the G70 the moment I got in one. But how do you justify spending $50k when there's a very close alternative that is almost $10k cheaper? Who's valuing the Genesis brand cachet at that number?
There is no dilemma, just your opinion. If you cannot justify the difference, buy the Stinger. Nothing wrong with that. Others want the G70 and are willing to pay the difference.

I have a G80 Ultimate. Other buy the base model. Can I justify the cost difference? Not really from a value perspective, but it is what I want and I'm willing to pay the difference. Steak or hamburger? Butter or margarine? Buy what makes you happy, but if you buy the Stinger, don't lust for the G70. Too late.

Soma

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I think most people looking at buying a G70 (especially the 3.3t) are looking at the vehicle because of what you get for the price. Obviously there are many similarities and differences between the Stinger and G70, butwe are looking at bang for your buck at the end of the day. I'd argue that anyone shopping with regards to that "bang for your buck" principle would be at least looking at the Stinger and/or considering its value.

With that said, I still haven't been able to test drive the G70 (I live in the LA/OC area 😢), so I can only speak to my experience driving the Stinger GT2. Found it fairly impressive and once you consider the $61-65k MSRP for the S4 and 440i I got to test drive, even more so. I'd expect to find a similar experience in the G70, just at $10k higher

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Aha! I knew the G70 sales number for January would be revealed eventually. That’s a big move upward, and encouraging, especially if they really do have 1500 G70s in the Port of Seattle and hopefully an equal amount in Port Hueneme.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Aha! I knew the G70 sales number for January would be revealed eventually. That’s a big move upward, and encouraging, especially if they really do have 1500 G70s in the Port of Seattle and hopefully an equal amount in Port Hueneme.
They aren’t releasing the numbers to the public with the usual press release but they have made the numbers available to sales tracking organizations such as carsalesbase.

AnyVare

Hasn't posted much yet...
VA
I have no idea why I did this, but here....

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I went to test drive an Alfa Romeo Stelvio last night. By coincidence, they walked me into the Hyundai dealership next door to talk to a manager, and there it was.
Bright blue gleaming from across the showroom. The G70 was just calling my name. I got in did a test drive. It was only a 2.0T, but the interior fit me like a glove. They just got a couple of 2.0T units for now, and they are too pricey ($43k asking for a Korean turbo four that comes from a Sonata? WTF?). But man did I forget the Alfa.

Edit: location - Indianapolis
The engine is similar but not the same. You can't just flip an engine from transverse to longitudinal without reworking a bunch of stuff.
Anyway the initial variant was a GEMA product which was Mitsubishi, Chrysler, and Hyundai. Closely related to the Evo X engine and evolved from there!

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I used Percent Change Formula in Excel
And an Average of rate of change wouldn't be 100%, even if we wish they had that many cars being sold. :)
Yes but you are using the wrong cells in the formula. You are dividing the difference into the new month rather than the original month. The percentage change should be based on the previous month. Just look at the numbers and you should see where you are making your mistake.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.