• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

G70 US Availability?

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think most people looking at buying a G70 (especially the 3.3t) are looking at the vehicle because of what you get for the price. Obviously there are many similarities and differences between the Stinger and G70, butwe are looking at bang for your buck at the end of the day. I'd argue that anyone shopping with regards to that "bang for your buck" principle would be at least looking at the Stinger and/or considering its value.

With that said, I still haven't been able to test drive the G70 (I live in the LA/OC area 😢), so I can only speak to my experience driving the Stinger GT2. Found it fairly impressive and once you consider the $61-65k MSRP for the S4 and 440i I got to test drive, even more so. I'd expect to find a similar experience in the G70, just at $10k higher

I've test driven both the G70 and the Stinger GT. While some things are similar, the overall driving experience was quite the contrast for me. Interior features aside, I felt the G70 to be significantly more responsive to steering inputs, I could feel the road surface WAY better, and it just felt more athletic and sporty... This may be an exaggeration, but I kind of felt like the Stinger seemed really numb and boat-like in comparison! The powerband on the 3.3, on the other hand, is pretty similar.

Of course take my observations with a grain of salt; but, I think it's worthwhile to test drive them both and see what you value most! The deals on stingers right now aren't easy to ignore.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've test driven both the G70 and the Stinger GT. While some things are similar, the overall driving experience was quite the contrast for me. Interior features aside, I felt the G70 to be significantly more responsive to steering inputs, I could feel the road surface WAY better, and it just felt more athletic and sporty... This may be an exaggeration, but I kind of felt like the Stinger seemed really numb and boat-like in comparison! The powerband on the 3.3, on the other hand, is pretty similar.

Of course take my observations with a grain of salt; but, I think it's worthwhile to test drive them both and see what you value most! The deals on stingers right now aren't easy to ignore.
I wonder if it has much to do with the tires.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I believe it is the overall size and weight as well as suspension.
The Stinger is heavier and 6" longer and a little over 1" wider.
The G70 also probably has a little better weight distribution as well!
In addition to all of that, some reviewers have said that the suspension tuning is different. Steering ratio is different, as well.

G-849771

In Louisiana lake Charles or Lafayette area has G70, who knew Louisiana could get it right but in Texas nothing and no one knows anything .. momentum is definitely dropping .. these cars will be at a firesale to catch up but still a great looking car in person. It’s about a c class size or or slightly bigger than an A3

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just came back from the Philly auto show. The G70s were just swarmed with people, there seemed to be a lot of interest for these cars since it's still not available in PA. There was a blue sport 3.3T and red 2.0T. I asked the attendant when will PA have dealers and he gave me a dazed look and cheekily said no idea. The blue looked stunning under the spotlights but I don't have any regrets on my casablanca white.👌

Lots of cars to look at there for those who live nearby. The Mustang GT500, Hyundai Palisade, MX-5 RF, and Lexus LC500 were my favorites, and was able to sit in the latter 3. My wife couldn't stop gushing over the LC500, it is truly an amazing design. I hope the essentia concept leads to a comparable halo car for Genesis.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Giovanniv93

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I know this isn't the thread to ask but don't know where else to. For you g70 owners, how are you protecting the plastic chrome grill? I noticed my first ding on it today 😢😢😭😭 Wondering what I can do

Chabu

Registered Member
Delaware
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Just came back from the Philly auto show. The G70s were just swarmed with people, there seemed to be a lot of interest for these cars since it's still not available in PA. There was a blue sport 3.3T and red 2.0T. I asked the attendant when will PA have dealers and he gave me a dazed look and cheekily said no idea. The blue looked stunning under the spotlights but I don't have any regrets on my casablanca white.👌

Lots of cars to look at there for those who live nearby. The Mustang GT500, Hyundai Palisade, MX-5 RF, and Lexus LC500 were my favorites, and was able to sit in the latter 3. My wife couldn't stop gushing over the LC500, it is truly an amazing design. I hope the essentia concept leads to a comparable halo car for Genesis.
I was at the show and people were indeed swarming the Genesis booth. G70 was my show favorite. I drive an F150 Lariat which I love but G70 has me thinking trade-in. I gave up my 3-series a few years ago because of constant maintenance issues but I do miss driving it.

As a side note: You can buy Genesis in Cherry Hill NJ (10 minutes from Philly) or in New Castle Delaware (30 min south).

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I'm going to hold out for the G70 prices to be more realistic.
[/URL]

It doesn't make sense to buy a $50k G70 when the equivalent Stinger GT2 is $10k cheaper.
Come up and see us if you want to drive a 3.3. We've already sold 15 or so G70s, and still have 6 on our lot, and 10 more coming in this month. A lot bigger selection than Napleton will ever have.

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was at the show and people were indeed swarming the Genesis booth. G70 was my show favorite. I drive an F150 Lariat which I love but G70 has me thinking trade-in. I gave up my 3-series a few years ago because of constant maintenance issues but I do miss driving it.

As a side note: You can buy Genesis in Cherry Hill NJ (10 minutes from Philly) or in New Castle Delaware (30 min south).
Yes, I'll be using Burns for my service needs if PA doesn't have a dealer by April. It's about a 50 minute drive from where I live so would prefer a closer dealer but they did confirm with me that they would be able to provide concierge service for my location.

G-524340

I’ve driven both too and own the G70. Both are very fast but I felt much safer in the G70 when driving hard. In the Stinger, I felt I could lose it and die any minute.
These are my driving impressions. There are MANY other reasons the G70 is superior to the Stinger. The ONE thing the Stinger has over the G70 is cargo space.

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Yes, I'll be using Burns for my service needs if PA doesn't have a dealer by April. It's about a 50 minute drive from where I live so would prefer a closer dealer but they did confirm with me that they would be able to provide concierge service for my location.
I think Piazza Hyundai of Pottstown is soon going to be a Genesis Dealer, at least that what Nina (Sales) says. Expecting 2019 Genesis cars any day.