G70 US Availability?

Chark

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Genesis of Dublin (Ohio) is now listed on the Genesis web page, although they are not showing any inventory yet. There is an Auto Show coming, but Genesis wasn't listed as being on display. Maybe that will change. I hope to find out. http://columbusautoshow.com

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Scrappy

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I went to test drive a 3.3t rwd it’s amazing just like I thought it would be and the red color is so nice in person but they are not buding on the price at all they want more than msrp

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I went to test drive a 3.3t rwd it’s amazing just like I thought it would be and the red color is so nice in person but they are not buding on the price at all they want more than msrp
Which dealer are you working with? From what we have heard from other members they usually come down to at least MSRP if they have tried to put a premium on the car.

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Which dealer are you working with? From what we have heard from other members they usually come down to at least MSRP if they have tried to put a premium on the car.
And several dealers are now a bit below MSRP. May depend, as well, on how new the dealership is, and how long they have had G70s.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I was at the genesis dealership in Woodbridge Virginia.
We haven't heard about them charging a premium but since there are quite a few dealers in VA that are selling at or below MSRP that shouldn't be a problem. Tell them they need to remove the premium (do you have any pictures of that so we can verify) and I would think they would do it.

Scrappy

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
We haven't heard about them charging a premium but since there are quite a few dealers in VA that are selling at or below MSRP that shouldn't be a problem. Tell them they need to remove the premium (do you have any pictures of that so we can verify) and I would think they would do it.
No I didn’t think about it too much as I’m more interested in getting it in a awd version. I do have quite the amount of options around me hopefully I can find the right one

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
No I didn’t think about it too much as I’m more interested in getting it in a awd version. I do have quite the amount of options around me hopefully I can find the right one
Yes, hopefully you can find one. Now that you have test driven it, just figure out the trim level, color, etc. and ask a dealer to request it for you.

How much was the premium?

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
About a thousand
Are you sure it was a premium they added on top of the sticker price and that you are not interpreting the port added options as a premium. The car has over $500 of port options. In order to charge a premium they generally have to put an addendum window sticker next to the actual window sticker listing the premium amount/market adjustment, etc.

Attachments

xKingfisher

Registered Member
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The Inland freight fee is generally 995 dollars and has been on every G70 I've seen.

Could that be the premium you're seeing. It's listed on the bottom right of the window sticker.

Scrappy

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Are you sure it was a premium they added on top of the sticker price and that you are not interpreting the port added options as a premium. The car has over $500 of port options. In order to charge a premium they generally have to put an addendum window sticker next to the actual window sticker listing the premium amount/market adjustment, etc.
I must have gotten wrong it probably was the added port options like you’re saying

Slowerthanslow

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Southern California report: Well, Cars.com for the first time today (in my experience) shows one G70 in Bakersfield (a two hour drive north of LA -- all driving times noted are non-rush-hour times... multiply by 2 for rush hour times. 🤓)

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/765962422/overview/

(Trivia note... Bakersfield is one of the centers of neo-Nazis and white supremacists in the US... only mentioning it because few people seem to know that such things are popular in California. Some fun discussion here: Prussian Blue (duo) - Wikipedia )

Cars.com also turns up a few G70s in La Quinta (a place I've never heard of despite more than 25 years in LA... Google maps shows it near Palm Springs, which is two hours east of LA in the desert... perhaps that's the dealership though brought in some G70s for show from Arizona, as discussed in this forum previously.)

For my purposes I see much the G70 I'm after (RWD, 2.0T, Elite trim, Mallorca Blue) in some listings in Arizona, but I'm assuming that dealers leave a listing up on cars.com after the car has been sold been sold as a form of advertising...

Anyway, hoping this all points to actual G70s being available at dealers here in LA very soon. That would not only be good for me, but also good for sales, as LA is very much into the BMW 3-series, and LA also has the biggest Korean population anywhere in the world outside of Korea. I really want to switch to a G70 from my current GLC 300 but I'm not gonna do it without a test drive.

Last edited:

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
(Trivia note... Bakersfield is one of the centers of neo-Nazis and white supremacists in the US... only mentioning it because few people seem to know that such things are popular in California. Some fun discussion here: Prussian Blue (duo) - Wikipedia )
Yeah, the Inland is like Alabama or Texas.

Same thing applies away from the coast in Wash state.

this all points to actual G70s being available at dealers here in LA very soon. That would not only be good for me, but also good for sales, as LA is very much into the BMW 3-series, and LA also has the biggest Korean population anywhere in the world outside of Korea. I really want to switch to a G70 from my current GLC 300 but I'm not gonna do it without a test drive.
Korean-Americans tend to like their German luxury autos, and next, Lexus.

The typical profile of a Genesis owner (coming from a Genesis exec) is white and male (once Genesis gets their CUVs, the % of female owners should go up).

Slowerthanslow

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Yeah, the Inland is like Alabama or Texas.

Same thing applies away from the coast in Wash state.

Korean-Americans tend to like their German luxury autos, and next, Lexus.

The typical profile of a Genesis owner (coming from a Genesis exec) is white and male (once Genesis gets their CUVs, the % of female owners should go up).
I live next to Koreatown LA and I see a ton of Genesii there. So, overall I can imagine Genesis owners are something else, but I suspect the Korean Americans are important evangelists and Genesis is nuts not to be promoting this car more around LA.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Southern California report: Well, Cars.com for the first time today (in my experience) shows one G70 in Bakersfield (a two hour drive north of LA -- all driving times noted are non-rush-hour times... multiply by 2 for rush hour times. 🤓)

Cars.com also turns up a few G70s in La Quinta (a place I've never heard of despite more than 25 years in LA... Google maps shows it near Palm Springs, which is two hours east of LA in the desert... perhaps that's the dealership though brought in some G70s for show from Arizona, as discussed in this forum previously.)
Palm Springs is the dealer that got the cars from AZ not LA Quinta.

As of last Saturday there were five CA dealers listing inventory but don't remember which sites have been showing the inventory. I know they are on cars, on CarGurus and some just on genesis. I think the closest dealer to LA proper is Glendale but you would know the geography a lot better than me.

Dealers with 2019s

Rmsanger

Hasn't posted much yet...
So my dealer is supposed to get inventory finally in by the end of March (although I’m betting it’s the end of April based upon their track record previously). At what point does it make sense just to sit and wait for the 2020s? I don’t want to pay full MSRP in April if 2020 models start arriving in say June - August.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.