G70 US Availability?

COToad

Finally a G70 owner!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
yeah i like the adriatic blue a lot but ive had 2 dark blue cars in a row so im looking at other colors. that doesnt necessarily mean i wont choose blue in the end, lol.

so you're on the awd 20 spoke wheels and trying to get a set of the 10 spokes? what all season tires did it come on?
Michelin Primacy MXM4, they seem like a fine tire but I look forward to getting something that is a bit sportier. They seem to have decent grip but under cornering I would like the car to be sharper. The shorter sidewalls with 19" rims and a more performance oriented tire vs a grand touring should do the trick.

g704get

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Went to check out Arapahoe's inventory on their off day today, no salespeople. First time I've seen a G70 in person so I just wanted to check it out.

Nice looking car, really liked the Santiago Silver w/ the Sport wheels, sharp vehicle. That Black Forest Green on the Design Edition was also a cool color. From one side the green was evident, approaching from where I parked, though, I thought it was just black.

COToad

Finally a G70 owner!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Went to check out Arapahoe's inventory on their off day today, no salespeople. First time I've seen a G70 in person so I just wanted to check it out.

Nice looking car, really liked the Santiago Silver w/ the Sport wheels, sharp vehicle. That Black Forest Green on the Design Edition was also a cool color. From one side the green was evident, approaching from where I parked, though, I thought it was just black.
I saw the design edition in the dealership in Michigan. They had it inside so the color didn't pop much. I like the interior except for the light steering wheel.

Best thing about the G70 is that it is good looking but it drives better than it looks!

Genesis2019

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hello everyone. I've been following this thread and waited for G70 US availability quite some time. Yesterday I plunged myself in for Memorial weekend and went to a local (bay area NoCal) Hyundai dealer and made a deal to get G70 3.3T RWD Sport. The only problem was the car was at another location and dealer was willing to trade it for me. Agreed to receive it today and got the paper works done. They had delivered it today after adding 60+ miles. It seems they had it washed but still saw dirts here and there. It was a rainy day today so I didn't complain. After I brought it back home, noticed it was extremely dirty (especially when I popped the hood, it was full of dirts and spider webs everywhere). Then, when I try to show off the dashboard to my wife, a message popup in infotainment screen, saying there was an event today that will require me to bring to get a full system check. And I noticed the malfunction icon (engine shaped) on dashboard. Who on earth will get the malfunction error on the first day? My salesman tells me to bring it back on Tuesday when they will have service guys to fix it, saying that they must haven't reset something. Is it even possible? At this point, I'm not sure what options I have. Do I have any right to request a newer build, not one that was sitting at some lots for many months waiting to be sold?

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hello everyone. I've been following this thread and waited for G70 US availability quite some time. Yesterday I plunged myself in for Memorial weekend and went to a local (bay area NoCal) Hyundai dealer and made a deal to get G70 3.3T RWD Sport. The only problem was the car was at another location and dealer was willing to trade it for me. Agreed to receive it today and got the paper works done. They had delivered it today after adding 60+ miles. It seems they had it washed but still saw dirts here and there. It was a rainy day today so I didn't complain. After I brought it back home, noticed it was extremely dirty (especially when I popped the hood, it was full of dirts and spider webs everywhere). Then, when I try to show off the dashboard to my wife, a message popup in infotainment screen, saying there was an event today that will require me to bring to get a full system check. And I noticed the malfunction icon (engine shaped) on dashboard. Who on earth will get the malfunction error on the first day? My salesman tells me to bring it back on Tuesday when they will have service guys to fix it, saying that they must haven't reset something. Is it even possible? At this point, I'm not sure what options I have. Do I have any right to request a newer build, not one that was sitting at some lots for many months waiting to be sold?
I'd be upset too. Brand new car, all you want to do is drive it and show off. The car is registered and now "used" so I have no idea if you have any rights of return. Sounds like it was not prepped very well. Give the dealer a chance to correct it and properly clean it, You deserve better.

Normally I'd say make sure they give you a free oil change for your troubles buy you get that anyway.

nezro

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Had a similar story when I first got my RX8 in 2004. All matter of lights on the drive home. I drove a Mazda 6 for the next 2 weeks while they sorted it out. Was trouble free for the 6 years or so I kept it after that. Hang in there, I'm sure they'll get you fixed up.

Genesis2019

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Had a visit to the dealer where I bought my car and the service guys cleared the warning light. However they were not able to provide me any details of the error code because their system is not up-to-date to give back the result from the scan. They asked me to bring it to another dealer who has Genesis authorized service facility and I did. The light didn't come back on and the Genesis dealer service advisor said there is nothing they can do because the alert is deleted and I have no paper trails of what the other service performed. I returned to my dealer and asked for paper reports but they couldn't provide. They were just asking if the light came back on. Both dealers just told me to bring back the car if the light comes back on.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Had a visit to the dealer where I bought my car and the service guys cleared the warning light. However they were not able to provide me any details of the error code because their system is not up-to-date to give back the result from the scan. They asked me to bring it to another dealer who has Genesis authorized service facility and I did. The light didn't come back on and the Genesis dealer service advisor said there is nothing they can do because the alert is deleted and I have no paper trails of what the other service performed. I returned to my dealer and asked for paper reports but they couldn't provide. They were just asking if the light came back on. Both dealers just told me to bring back the car if the light comes back on.
If first dealer just plugged into OBD2 port and cleared the code to make the light go off you will lose the history generally. Not sure why they would do that? I have a decent code reader and you need to be careful clearing codes for you can reset emission sensors and have to complete multiple drive cycles to get all those back green. Not a big deal unless your going in for a state inspection soon after clearing codes and if you have not completed drive cycles you may fail inspection.

broervudu

Registered Member
SF Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Unfortunately, Dealerships just don't have your best interest in mind, they just want a sale. I'm also from the bay area-norcal and talked and visited multiple dealerships before making my purchase.

Hopefully your issue hasn't returned. I would be interested to know the dealership you worked with. I've PM'ed you if you don't want to speak of it publicly.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Always good to hear when a Genesis dealer has gotten it right. Often times we only hear about the bad experience and that leads to the assumption that all Genesis dealers are that way.
There was a study some years ago and they found when people have a good experience, they usually tell 4 others about it. When people have a bad experience, they tell 10 people about it.
Forums are probably even worse as people use them as a source to find help with their problem. If you rank different types of businesses according to customer satisfaction, car dealers are some of the worst.

Natas

Registered Member
There was a study some years ago and they found when people have a good experience, they usually tell 4 others about it. When people have a bad experience, they tell 10 people about it.
Forums are probably even worse as people use them as a source to find help with their problem. If you rank different types of businesses according to customer satisfaction, car dealers are some of the worst.
Agreed..

wesquire

Registered Member
San Francisco, California
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Unfortunately, Dealerships just don't have your best interest in mind, they just want a sale. I'm also from the bay area-norcal and talked and visited multiple dealerships before making my purchase.

Hopefully your issue hasn't returned. I would be interested to know the dealership you worked with. I've PM'ed you if you don't want to speak of it publicly.
I'm looking to purchase in the Bay Area as well. Which dealership did you chose and are you happy with the transaction?