G70 US Availability?

Slowerthanslow

Registered Member
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
As someone who vented a lot in this forum several weeks ago over the fact the G70 was not available in Southern California, I feel it’s only proper if I say that now there are more than 300 G70s that show up in Genesis inventory search from my zip code. The car took a long time to arrive. But when it did arrive, it arrived in good numbers. So good for Genesis for coming through, finally.

For those of you frustrated by the scarcity of the G70 in your area, if Southern California is relatively convenient to you by air or other means, you might want to do a search from my zip code (which is well situated in central LA, so results show a lot of dealers in the region), which is 90036. (Fair warning though: my search shows cars from Las Vegas, which is a 5 hour drive, and Northern Cal too, which is also about 5 hours.)

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
As someone who vented a lot in this forum several weeks ago over the fact the G70 was not available in Southern California, I feel it’s only proper if I say that now there are more than 300 G70s that show up in Genesis inventory search from my zip code. The car took a long time to arrive. But when it did arrive, it arrived in good numbers. So good for Genesis for coming through, finally.

For those of you frustrated by the scarcity of the G70 in your area, if Southern California is relatively convenient to you by air or other means, you might want to do a search from my zip code (which is well situated in central LA, so results show a lot of dealers in the region), which is 90036. (Fair warning though: my search shows cars from Las Vegas, which is a 5 hour drive, and Northern Cal too, which is also about 5 hours.)
Try 90638 if you want less of the NorCal stuff. That's the border of LA/OC. Bought my G70 over the weekend and there were quite a few at Allen Genesis of Laguna Niguel. These cars are flying into the lots! 4 of my spec showed up within 200 miles in the last week alone!

PS: Be weary of the BS charges for "LoJack" style products

leggy

Been here awhile...
SoCal
That's like 4k more compared to 2017. I think they merely added the 2 screens to the back seat, and the cd changer maybe, not sure thought

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Pepper

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was trying to find others experiences.

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I wanted to know how long it takes for car to arrive at dealership after allocation information is revealed.
There is a thread on a topic similar to this on "special ordering" or something like that--but, short answer (as I recall) is "it varies." (Although "special ordering, is I think a bit different--allocating is likely after the dealership already knows they are getting a specific car--so the thread I'm thinking of is not really the same thing). But, for those ordering, some have received it within 4 to 6 weeks. For me it took closer to three months--but they first delivered the wrong car (RWD) and then a whole host of issues happened. Also, I don't think they yet have the system perfected the "ordering" system.
On the allocations--that seems to be going way better. However, if you want a car that is being allocated to a dealer, I would still act to make your deal because another dealer may come in and poach or trade for the car and it may never make it to the dealership. That is how I got mine--we got a car that was allocated to a different dealer and then had it redirected to my local dealer.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
However, if you want a car that is being allocated to a dealer, I would still act to make your deal because another dealer may come in and poach or trade for the car and it may never make it to the dealership.
Agreed. I put $1k down (fully refundable deposit) to make sure my car wasn't sold or traded before it arrived. Even then, I still had an awkward situation where another Genesis dealer (who I had contacted before in hopes of getting a car sooner) called me saying they could get a dealer swap. When I asked from where, they said the exact dealer I had the deposit with. I told him not to bother because I had a deposit on it anyways. A quick phone call later to the GSM and I'm informed that the car hadn't even been PDI'd yet, but showed up 2 hours before. Crazy how quick these dealers will attempt a trade

DefinitelyMaybe

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Has Genesis USA stopped approving dealers in the states that already have them? Specifically thinking of the SoCal area and the chances my local Hyundai dealer can still become a Genesis dealer.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

DefinitelyMaybe

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
What part of SoCal? There's quite a few down here already
OC. I know there’s Irvine, Laguna Niguel, and Huntington Beach. But Tustin would be most convenient for service, etc... I know they sold pre-2019 Genesis. Will have to find out if they’re planning on continuing.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
OC. I know there’s Irvine, Laguna Niguel, and Huntington Beach. But Tustin would be most convenient for service, etc... I know they sold pre-2019 Genesis. Will have to find out if they’re planning on continuing.
I had called em back in November and they indicated that they would be a dealer, but maybe things have changed. I'd give em a call to see if you can get a indication on if they have made a decision to/not to become a Genesis dealer. Any of those locations should be fine for you for concierge service (unless you're like me and don't trust anyone driving your car). If its the case that Tustin is just slow on the uptake, you can always get it somewhere else and have it serviced in Tustin once they're up and running properly