G70 US Availability?

g704get

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Extended my lease to avoid the potential out of state purchase. 6 months, month to month, so now I have until December to decide upon and buy a new car.

Hopefully Colorado Genesis dealers get their shit together by then and theres a reasonable selection sometime between now and then.

leggy

Been here awhile...
SoCal
When you extend the lease do your monthly payments stay the same or change? Do you negotiate new terms and service agreement or the old one gets extended?

KurticusRex

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
When you extend the lease do your monthly payments stay the same or change? Do you negotiate new terms and service agreement or the old one gets extended?
The process for OEM captive finance companies doing a lease extensions is pretty standardized. Prior to the end of your lease, the finance company will call you to ask your intention at end of lease (turn it back to dealer or buy it). If you ask to do a lease extension, they have a process in place to do so but usually will ask you "why" you want to need a lease extension. It could be any number of reasons from "I am waiting for the next model year to come out and want to keep this car a few more months" to "I travel for work frequently and need more time to arrange my lease turn it", stuff like that.

If you have a reasonable reason, they should be OK with an extension. The extension itself is usually done in a 6 month block, where you are on a month-to-month agreement up to that 6 month block. You can request another extension at the end of the 6 months, but they'll be LESS inclined to do it. During any lease extension, your monthly payment stays the same. The residual value of the vehicle does go down each month with each lease payment. Your mileage is extended per-month at the same rate as the existing lease (12K/year = 1K/month, so you'd get 1K additional mileage allowance for each month of the 6 month extension). And "add-ons" you have on the original lease (such as a prepaid maintenance plan or what have you) are NOT extended as those are a separate agreement from the lease itself, it just may be that the cost was bundled into your original lease payment.

To process a lease extension, after the finance company agrees to grant you an extension, they'll send you a lease extension agreement which you'd need to sign and return to them as it is a contract modification. Extending a lease doesn't do anything for you financially, but it is a convenience that can be very helpful in some circumstances. The finance companies see it as a loyalty tool - they're more likely to say "yes" to a lease extension if you are planning to get another vehicle from their parent OEM.

Hope this helps.

g704get

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
My lease was on a Subaru through Chase where I've leased 5 vehicles over the past 9 or so years (3 foresters for my wife, 2 wrx for me) so they didnt ask any questions at all. It was a 5 minute phone call, they didnt even ask why I needed to extend it. But my lease was ending June 18 and I have travel booked from May 30 - Jun 8 for vacation and then Jun 9 - 14 for work so I really didnt have any time in June to deal with lease end anyway.

6 month extension, month-to-month, turn it in any month. I've only used 18K of a 30K mile lease so far so I wasnt concerned w/ mileage or anything. Same payment. Any applicable warranties still apply.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Has anyone had good experiences with specific dealerships in socal.
I'm a whole ball of undecided about Laguna Niguel. I'm going to post a review thread once I have everything sorted out and my thoughts collected. May take a week or so. I'm leaning towards good, but I don't want to speak too early. Feel free to DM me if you need information sooner

Long story short, DO NOT allow their detailers to touch your car. Even the GSM said (today) they suck and he refuses to let them wash his vehicles despite it being free for him.

DefinitelyMaybe

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I'm a whole ball of undecided about Laguna Niguel. I'm going to post a review thread once I have everything sorted out and my thoughts collected. May take a week or so. I'm leaning towards good, but I don't want to speak too early. Feel free to DM me if you need information sooner

Long story short, DO NOT allow their detailers to touch your car. Even the GSM said (today) they suck and he refuses to let them wash his vehicles despite it being free for him.
I’d be interested to read your review as well.

g704get

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Arapahoe Genesis in Colorado called and emailed me today to let me now that they have received a "limited number" of G70's that are available immediately "first come, first served." I have not gone to see any yet nor do I know what models and trims they got in.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

g704get

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
cool so nothing im interested in buying but i would like to see that santiago silver w/ the sport wheels on it even though its a 2.0 version. i've never had a silver car and never really considered one but have seen some photos of the sport wheels on silver and they look pretty tough.

COToad

Finally a G70 owner!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Arapahoe Genesis in Colorado called and emailed me today to let me now that they have received a "limited number" of G70's that are available immediately "first come, first served." I have not gone to see any yet nor do I know what models and trims they got in.
I was in there Tuesday afternoon and was surrounded by salespeople that had never seen one. I'm glad to see they have them and also glad they don't have one with the color/package I just went 1100 miles to pick up on Monday. That would have been a real kick in the teeth.

On a side note, I went to the parts department and they have yet to be authorized to sell parts. Apparently there is a new Genesis only system being introduced that only has Genesis parts and is not a Hyundai/Genesis combo. I was planning on getting floor liners and hopefully 19" rims but have to wait.

COToad

Finally a G70 owner!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just realized I'm pissed they haven't called me yet, I left my name with a guy 3-4 weeks ago.

g704get

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I saw your photos from the border in the other thread, impressive journey for the new wheels! had you driven one before or did you take your first test drive in michigan?

i was talking to dealers in utah and missouri before deciding i just dont have time to mess w/ a new car before my current lease ends so i extended the lease and will let the CO market mature over a few months and hopefully at least one more dealer pops up.

other than that i am still strongly considering the audi s3 and will need to drive both a few times before i decide probably. i love the size and power for my primarily urban driving w/ a drive up the canyons on the weekend.

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Has anyone had good experiences with specific dealerships in socal.
I was treated extremely well at Genesis of La Quinta (next to Palm Springs). I’d highly recommend them. Greg (fleet/Internet Manager) and Cole (Floor Manager) were fantastic to work with.

COToad

Finally a G70 owner!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I saw your photos from the border in the other thread, impressive journey for the new wheels! had you driven one before or did you take your first test drive in michigan?

i was talking to dealers in utah and missouri before deciding i just dont have time to mess w/ a new car before my current lease ends so i extended the lease and will let the CO market mature over a few months and hopefully at least one more dealer pops up.

other than that i am still strongly considering the audi s3 and will need to drive both a few times before i decide probably. i love the size and power for my primarily urban driving w/ a drive up the canyons on the weekend.
I was able to drive a RWD 3.3T in Vegas back in early February, so I knew I definitely wanted the car. I had not seen the color in person, so I was glad it turned out to look as I expected.

g704get

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
yeah i like the adriatic blue a lot but ive had 2 dark blue cars in a row so im looking at other colors. that doesnt necessarily mean i wont choose blue in the end, lol.

so you're on the awd 20 spoke wheels and trying to get a set of the 10 spokes? what all season tires did it come on?