G70 US Availability?

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
My guess is that’s the Speedway near the Downers Grove/Lisle border, and the plate belongs to Pugi. A few arrived last Friday for “executive use” at HMA’s nearby Regional Headquarters, and Pugi is the local dealer “port” for them. The cars arrived with only a gallon of gas in them, hence the trip to Speedway.
How do I know this? The Sales Manager was nice enough to let me know so I could get a first look as they were being unwrapped. Even nicer, my wife got to test drive the limited edition Black Forest Green with the cream interior. She loved it, and so did I (rode shotgun). It’s her next car, and we’ll (obviously) be getting it from Pugi!

As for the gas situation, we learned it firsthand: 10 minutes into our drive we got a warning that there were only 12 miles to empty. Wish we’d stopped at Speedway too!
Haha, small world! I just recieved the exact same info from someone who works there :D

If they're nice, I might get a new Santa Fe from them if the price is right.

devellis

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
A couple of notes I should’ve added above:
1. The build date on the one we drove was May 30, so these were NOT sitting in port for a few months.
2. Pugi usually does the PDI for cars going to HMA, but the techs couldn’t for these: Genesis hasn’t shipped the software yet. Maybe because they need to know which dealers are authorized first?
3. No word on when they’ll be on sale, even the Regional Operations Director couldn’t say. (He was there that day too.) Best guess (most optimistic?} from him was “in September”.

Nice to get this information posted here. Thanks!

larrymg1

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
My guess is that’s the Speedway near the Downers Grove/Lisle border, and the plate belongs to Pugi. A few arrived last Friday for “executive use” at HMA’s nearby Regional Headquarters, and Pugi is the local dealer “port” for them. The cars arrived with only a gallon of gas in them, hence the trip to Speedway.
How do I know this? The Sales Manager was nice enough to let me know so I could get a first look as they were being unwrapped. Even nicer, my wife got to test drive the limited edition Black Forest Green with the cream interior. She loved it, and so did I (rode shotgun). It’s her next car, and we’ll (obviously) be getting it from Pugi!

As for the gas situation, we learned it firsthand: 10 minutes into our drive we got a warning that there were only 12 miles to empty. Wish we’d stopped at Speedway too!
Good update.

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
I received an email from genesis@e.genesismotorsamerica.com, I suspect due to signing up on their website for additional info. Nice to get some communication, hopefully more to come. No new info on the page.

Subject: Steven, the newest Genesis is almost here.

INTRODUCING THE
FIRST-EVER GENESIS G70

The Genesis G70 is almost here. With its striking exterior design, advanced features and impressive performance,
the G70 is ready to take your comfort, enjoyment
and adrenaline to the next level. If you haven't already, sign up to be one of the first to get news and exclusive information about this newest member of the Genesis family. Start now with a sneak peek below.

larrymg1

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I received an email from genesis@e.genesismotorsamerica.com, I suspect due to signing up on their website for additional info. Nice to get some communication, hopefully more to come. No new info on the page.

INTRODUCING THE
FIRST-EVER GENESIS G70

The Genesis G70 is almost here. With its striking exterior design, advanced features and impressive performance,
and adrenaline to the next level. If you haven't already, sign up to be one of the first to get news and exclusive information about this newest member of the Genesis family. Start now with a sneak peek below.
Received the identical email. Teasers! :grinlaugh:

Tonester

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

INTRODUCING THE
FIRST-EVER GENESIS G70

Glad you posted this. I was feeling left out until I found the same in my spam folder! Glad they finally decided to talk to us prospective buyers...

devellis

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Although I have signed up several times, I didn't get anything from Genesis until I signed up one again, just now. Pretty much immediately, I had the email others have posted pop up in my inbox. I guess it's a good sign of sorts.

Folks who've signed up in the past but didn't get the email might want to sign up again. Seems like at least some entries from weeks past weren't logged but now the site is keeping track of the information entered and sending automated responses.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Judging from most other responses, I bet its there somewhere. I assume you checked spam but there may be other places, especially if you have never gotten anything.
I signed twice with two different email addresses and checked both spam folders. The only thing I put is that I'm planning to buy in 4 months not inmediatly. Weird.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I signed twice with two different email addresses and checked both spam folders. The only thing I put is that I'm planning to buy in 4 months not inmediatly. Weird.
Just wondering. Are you reading both mailboxes with the same email program?

donnykidd

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
A couple of notes I should’ve added above:
1. The build date on the one we drove was May 30, so these were NOT sitting in port for a few months.
2. Pugi usually does the PDI for cars going to HMA, but the techs couldn’t for these: Genesis hasn’t shipped the software yet. Maybe because they need to know which dealers are authorized first?
3. No word on when they’ll be on sale, even the Regional Operations Director couldn’t say. (He was there that day too.) Best guess (most optimistic?} from him was “in September”.
I had my G80 Sport's first service done at this week. The dealers sells Genesis but doesnt have a gensis specific website like others. I was surprised to learn from the sales manager that they have signed the agreement and now working to determine if they can use same location having a seperate area and entrance or have to build or remodel on a seperate site. Long story, less long, G70's will be in showrooms in September. Per sales managers comments.

YEH

Registered Member
If they're nice, I might get a new Santa Fe from them if the price is right.
The new SF is nice (been getting pretty positive reviews overseas).

An interesting tidbit - even w/ the 3-row/8 person Palisade CUV and the new SF (replacing the SF Sport) having grown a bit bigger (now the size of the Sorento), Hyundai may actually be keeping the 3-row Santa Fe (now the XL) around as there have been spy shots of a LWB version of the new SF.

If true, taking that as a separate model (from the 2-row, even if offered a 3-row for the diesel) - that would make for a 6 CUV Hyundai lineup, not including any dedicated non-ICE CUVs like the Nexo fuel cell.

Last edited:

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I don't really like the new XL, at least not yet, lol
My wife wants the red one if possible, with "all buttons", that means it has to be Ultimate, LWB or Sport. I did my research and I have found a few in my area. Once I'm back from the trip later today, we'll go tomorrow to get her something.

The XL cames with 2.4L engine or was it 2.0? that's too slow for her :D

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.