Genesis Connected Service

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I know Waze well and use it for longer road trips...also magnet mount.

Native nav is Google driven. Again...voice recognition is excellent.

Seems to me like you should check out of your phone...pay attention to driving (thus enjoy your brilliant car)...and slow down. Being a millennial is not an excuse ;)

My BT Audio is excellent quality when playing music.

I clearly said stoplights smh. I'm not driving around with my phone out like a moron. Having it magnet mounted just makes it more convenient to access WHEN IT'S SAFE and gives it a really clean look. Plus the nature of my employment requires me to respond to clients via email too.

Knowing where the police are with Waze in VA with VA state troopers is critical. You get pulled over for going 8mph over the limit in NOVA regularly.

I'm not recklessly speeding or anything like that but it's pretty easy to hit 75mph without noticing it in this car vs the 55mph speed limit on most highways around here.

That's a wreckless driving ticket here in my area and a Level 1 misdemeanor which is one notch below a felony and an insurance killer. It not like that most places in the country.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I clearly said stoplights smh. I'm not driving around with my phone out like a moron. Having it magnet mounted just makes it more convenient to access WHEN IT'S SAFE and gives it a really clean look. Plus the nature of my employment requires me to respond to clients via email too.

Knowing where the police are with Waze in VA with VA state troopers is critical. You get pulled over for going 8mph over the limit in NOVA regularly.

I'm not recklessly speeding or anything like that but it's pretty easy to hit 75mph without noticing it in this car vs the 55mph speed limit on most highways around here.

That's a wreckless driving ticket here in my area and a Level 1 misdemeanor which is one notch below a felony and an insurance killer. It not like that most places in the country.
Are you serious? You are making a case that speeding is acceptable.

Drive the speed limit...less than 5 over if you must. Who cares if it’s NOVA...or your own street.

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Are you serious? You are making a case that speeding is acceptable.

Drive the speed limit...less than 5 over if you must. Who cares if it’s NOVA...or your own street.
No, I'm making the case that the area I live in purposely lowers the speed limit for purposes of revenue generation and not safety, there is no data that supports that having a 55mph speed limit vs a 60 (considering the HOV lanes right next to them are all 65 and nobody ever gets speeding tickets in the HOV lanes) results in less accidents or death. It is easy to go above said limits while still being completely safe while driving, e.g most other places, including the majority of the RVA-DC corridor, have 60, 65 and 70 mph speed limits.

But, go ahead, continue to respond to every comment I make in a condescending manner because you disagree with it if it makes you feel better, I'm done responding to it.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
No, I'm making the case that the area I live in purposely lowers the speed limit for purposes of revenue generation and not safety, there is no data that supports that having a 55mph speed limit vs a 60 (considering the HOV lanes right next to them are all 65 and nobody ever gets speeding tickets in the HOV lanes) results in less accidents or death. It is easy to go above said limits while still being completely safe while driving, e.g most other places, including the majority of the RVA-DC corridor, have 60, 65 and 70 mph speed limits.

But, go ahead, continue to respond to every comment I make in a condescending manner because you disagree with it if it makes you feel better, I'm done responding to it.
Wow...just wow. You really are a millennial...LOL. Happy speeding.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Without getting into the speeding issue, what is the difference between what the speedometer on the G70 shows and what the actual speed is? I generally set my cruise at 7-8 over the speed limit no matter the road (school zones excluded) knowing my car (and previous ones) generally shows 2mph over what I'm actually doing. Has anyone tested the difference using GPS, road side radar (although they seem to vary), etc.?

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Without getting into the speeding issue, what is the difference between what the speedometer on the G70 shows and what the actual speed is? I generally set my cruise at 7-8 over the speed limit no matter the road (school zones excluded) knowing my car (and previous ones) generally shows 2mph over what I'm actually doing. Has anyone tested the difference using GPS, road side radar (although they seem to vary), etc.?
I haven't, but my waze app uses the sensor in my phone to check my speed and it's pretty spot on to what the G70 odometer says my speed is. Within 1-2mph consistently.

But wait, you're telling me you actually go as much as 6-8mph over the speed limit intentionally AND consistently? And you're making a case for it!? *GASP* You must be a millennial. /sarcasm

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
But wait, you're telling me you actually go as much as 6-8mph over the speed limit intentionally AND consistently? And you're making a case for it!? *GASP* You must be a millennial. /sarcasm
My Acura was about 2 or so. I haven't checked my BMW yet but would imagine it is that also. Supposedly manufactures in Europe can get a fine if the car shows it going slower than it really is since it would put people over the speed limit so they have the speed shown be higher. I think they use a percentage rather than a constant buffer.

LOL - No, at the very end of the boomers, growing up when cars had big engines, big trunks, made of metal and moved quickly. ;)

50jae

Hasn't posted much yet...
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My app stopped connecting saying it can't connect to server, anyone else in the US having issues?

50jae

Hasn't posted much yet...
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Does it say the server is busy? If so just login again. No problems here.
I was out on a business trip for 4 days and after my return flight it kept saying servers were busy even after relogging into the app. The app remote function works now that I am back and have unlocked my car with my keys. Something must have bugged out when I lost connection during my flight.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
New update for the Canadian app 1.3.2 today.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I wonder if it will help with the monthly report issues. It is still all over the place each month and many months aren't even available in the app.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.