Genesis Connected Service

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
My question is, why is the G70 using 3G still while the G80 has 4G? At least that's what another thread here says. I would think that switching to 4G would speed things up.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My question is, why is the G70 using 3G still while the G80 has 4G? At least that's what another thread here says. I would think that switching to 4G would speed things up.
Limitation of the infotainment system. Doesn't have a 4g radio in it.

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Limitation of the infotainment system. Doesn't have a 4g radio in it.
It seems like they should upgrade it if the G80 is using a 4g radio. I would think they would want their vehicles on the same level. Hoping that gets fixed in 2020.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It seems like they should upgrade it if the G80 is using a 4g radio. I would think they would want their vehicles on the same level. Hoping that gets fixed in 2020.
Not sure how much that would help for remote features of the car itself. But it would definitely help the speed of the voice search for navigation within the car!

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Not sure how much that would help for remote features of the car itself. But it would definitely help the speed of the voice search for navigation within the car!
I don't understand why people use the default navigation. Waze on CarPlay or Android Auto is the only navigation app worth using. Google Maps is a decent alternative but the native navigation is absolute hot garbage.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't understand why people use the default navigation. Waze on CarPlay or Android Auto is the only navigation app worth using. Google Maps is a decent alternative but the native navigation is absolute hot garbage.
Native nav is excellent...Google based. Shows live traffic, etc. Why would you want an old school cable...and have to plug in. Silly.

Use native nav...voice recognition is amazing...wireless charge your phone...and use BT Audio if you desire.

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
It's possible their servers just suck, but my GMC Terrain has 4G and things work near instantly most of the time. My guess is 4G would still speed things up somewhat. If the internet speed is not the problem then they need to fix their servers.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It's possible their servers just suck, but my GMC Terrain has 4G and things work near instantly most of the time. My guess is 4G would still speed things up somewhat. If the internet speed is not the problem then they need to fix their servers.
The Kia app is identical to the Genesis app and my wife's Kia is just as slow. Both apps were updated to 1.3.0 on Friday.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Native nav is excellent...Google based. Shows live traffic, etc. Why would you want an old school cable...and have to plug in. Silly.

Use native nav...voice recognition is amazing...wireless charge your phone...and use BT Audio if you desire.
Yeah I like the native navigation. Btw has anyone used it to navigate in a big city? Does it render buildings in 3D?
When we took my wife's Sorento to Toronto, it rendered the buildings in 3D and it looked awesome. I have yet to take mine into downtown Toronto to see if it does as well!

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

TOGuy242

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That about says it all for me also. Native Nav is the best way to go!
I haven't found any nav better than Waze for real time data. Yes the native is fine, but the traffic data doesn't seem to be particularly accurate given how quickly things can change. I also find the quality of BT audio may be fine for things like podcasts, but not great for music. To each his own!

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The Kia app is identical to the Genesis app and my wife's Kia is just as slow. Both apps were updated to 1.3.0 on Friday.
Guess it really is the servers. Let's hope they get upgraded soon since there will likely be more cars using the services as these cars get more popular and the dealer network expands.

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

TETO but I magnet mount it and it looks super clean. I'm a millennial so I'm addicted to my phone and having it tucked away in there the whole car ride is just not a reality. My texts and messages can be read to me but other apps send me updates on my phone I read at stoplights so having it mounted is just a preference I guess.

But, Android Auto has voice recognition too? By Google, which is 10x faster than the native 3g crap lol. And it's better voice recognition, like I can tell it to read my stocks, remind me things, call restaurants - it's like having a Google home in my car.

Again, TETO but, Waze is a MUCH better Navi app and is the definition of live traffic lol. It shows where the police are and anything else on the road, ntm it's redirection capabilities...theyre excellent. Give it a shot. I've tried both, and could never not use Waze, especially the way I drive this thing lol - would have had a ticket a long time ago.

Once it can be run via BT and not needed to be plugged in its going to be perfect.
I haven't found any nav better than Waze for real time data. Yes the native is fine, but the traffic data doesn't seem to be particularly accurate given how quickly things can change. I also find the quality of BT audio may be fine for things like podcasts, but not great for music. To each his own!
Exactly, forgot to mention the sound quality too.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
TETO but I magnet mount it and it looks super clean. I'm a millennial so I'm addicted to my phone and having it tucked away in there the whole car ride is just not a reality. My texts and messages can be read to me but other apps send me updates on my phone I read at stoplights so having it mounted is just a preference I guess.

But, Android Auto has voice recognition too? By Google, which is 10x faster than the native 3g crap lol. And it's better voice recognition, like I can tell it to read my stocks, remind me things, call restaurants - it's like having a Google home in my car.

Again, TETO but, Waze is a MUCH better Navi app and is the definition of live traffic lol. It shows where the police are and anything else on the road, ntm it's redirection capabilities...theyre excellent. Give it a shot. I've tried both, and could never not use Waze, especially the way I drive this thing lol - would have had a ticket a long time ago.

Once it can be run via BT and not needed to be plugged in its going to be perfect.

I know Waze well and use it for longer road trips...also magnet mount.

Native nav is Google driven. Again...voice recognition is excellent.

Seems to me like you should check out of your phone...pay attention to driving (thus enjoy your brilliant car)...and slow down. Being a millennial is not an excuse ;)

My BT Audio is excellent quality when playing music.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Pretty sure wireless Android Auto and Carplay don't run over BT. It is wifi-direct.
Anyway I call bullshit on people that can tell the difference between 320kbps audio streamed over BT vs wired audio!

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

I'm with you. Although sound quality wise I don't notice much of/if any difference. Everything else though, I totally agree. I'm not using native when I have Waze available.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.