• Just a quick message to let you know that we now have a JB4 Support Forum so questions can be asked once, in one place, rather than the same question being asked and answered in the G70, G80 and G90 forums. You can find the forum on the main page in the forum list - or click here.

Genesis G70 Reviews

Toddasaurus

Hasn't posted much yet...
OR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You wouldn't be able to spray the plate, so that portion would remain chrome. I'm sure someone will eventually sell an aftermarket grill and shield, though. Just have to be patient.

So I take it you would be unable to remove the clear plate, temporarily, as well?

:c

Buckdes

Getting familiar with the group...

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I know , half the 0 to 60 times these reviewers are quoting are the 0 to 100km times, also car and driver F#$&ed up their times as they got a 4.7 with the G70 but got 4.4 with the stinger...... i dont think so Tim
You’re right about that. Alex (on Autos) got 4.6 w/o the lauch and said he estimates 114/115 mph for 1/4 mile while R&T said 106 mph. Some good comments a couple of weeks ago suggested the testing conditions were bad due to being tested in the California desert in the summer with the sticky tires.

At the end of the day, I rely on Beefer’s stellar review, cited by Genesis YEG, above.

canucklehead604

West Coast Canada
I know , half the 0 to 60 times these reviewers are quoting are the 0 to 100km times, also car and driver F#$&ed up their times as they got a 4.7 with the G70 but got 4.4 with the stinger...... i dont think so Tim
^ C&D strongly suspected their test mule came up lame. their article says as much and they are waiting another vehicle to test to confirm times...or perhaps the Stinger they had was stronger than spec. once we see multiple verified and instrumented testing data come in we'll have a much better sense of where the G70 ranks.

the various performance data of the G70 has been all over the map so i don't know what to believe just yet. for the 2.0T i've seen anything from the low 6's to high 7's for 0-60. that's a big spread, but even this spread is higher than what i would expect given other cars with similar specs coming in the high 5's. again, time will tell once we get more formal test data.

Buckdes

After having tried launch control a few times on a demo and doing it in my car i really really feel there is better takeoff and acceleration by just mashing the gas, the weird thing was my Wife commented before i even mentioned it

Yes, i did it correctly lol, its actually quite easy on the G70

Friday

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
After having tried launch control a few times on a demo and doing it in my car i really really feel there is better takeoff and acceleration by just mashing the gas, the weird thing was my Wife commented before i even mentioned it

Yes, i did it correctly lol, its actually quite easy on the G70
I think it makes sense as the 8 speed is a traditional automatic. It’s no different than doing a break stand before launching like you would do on an old car.

Slides

NJ
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
0 to 60 times notwithstanding, how is the car to drive in normal traffic? Any throttle tip-in delay? Is the turbo lag manageable? I wish reviewers focused on this as much as drag race times.

TOGuy242

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
0 to 60 times notwithstanding, how is the car to drive in normal traffic? Any throttle tip-in delay? Is the turbo lag manageable? I wish reviewers focused on this as much as drag race times.
Fantastic in comfort mode. More than enough power for regular traffic, pretty smooth and quiet. Still lots available if you need it, and minimal turbo lag. Seats are super comfy and very adjustable.

Buckdes

Almost no lag, i found that the 340i and cla45 had way more, c43 was on par, i am very surprised with quick response.

Weird thing is if i stop accelerating ( let off the gas ) just before the speed limit the car will continue to accelerate approx 10km/h more. I need to break after acceleration

PD705

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I personally feel the C43 AMG stays in the boost a little more than the G70 - it truly feels like it has zero lag while the G70 has a hint of lag lower in the tach, before hitting harder than the Benz in the top of the range. I don't see this as a negative. A whiff of turbo lag is fun to me.

Last edited:

Buckdes

I personally feel the C43 AMG stays in the boost a little more than the G70 - it truly feels like it has zero lag while the G70 has a hint of lag lower in the tack, before hitting harder than the Benz in the top of the range. I don't see this as a negative. A whiff of turbo lag is fun to me.
You probably know more than I, i have only driven the c43 for about 30 mins during a test drive, boy i do love that AMG exhaust, cant wait to see what comes out for the G70

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Someone filmed a walk-around vid for the Special Edition (red Design version).

I think they titled it wrong since the Havana Red is the Dynamic Special Edition. Dunno.
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires (replacing Pilot Sport 4)
- tire repair kit
- performance brake pads
- bespoke key cover

I did pause it on the wheel close up...and it does say Pilot Sport 4S

Can anyone spot any differences?

Last edited:

Slides

NJ
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Almost no lag, i found that the 340i and cla45 had way more, c43 was on par, i am very surprised with quick response.

Weird thing is if i stop accelerating ( let off the gas ) just before the speed limit the car will continue to accelerate approx 10km/h more. I need to break after acceleration
Good shit. I love my 2018 Audi S5, but boy is there a lot of throttle lag in normal D mode. S mode is great of course.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.