Genesis G70 Reviews

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I do like Sarah’s video. Certainly more than Doug DeMuro’s, not because Doug doesn’t have good content or photography skills, but because of the way he over-accentuates syllables and vowels that drives me nuts.

On the other hand, Sarah’s wacky humor is right up my alley, so I’m happy to watch. (My wife, on the other hand... not so much.)
Completely agree with this; I hadn't heard of Sarah before but she was refreshingly entertaining. She's not particularly unattractive either which doesn't hurt.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You mean you don't like rating cars in beans and cheerleader moves? :hillarious:
Not just hers....Alex and Doug are bad for this as well!
Without a baseline and a proper revision every year, they mean nothing.
A 9.5 score in a 2018 model could be a 7 in 2020!
Just state the facts, and your subjective opinion and be done with it. Compare it within the class and not the best, fastest, or most luxurious vehicle you have driven!

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
I do like Sarah’s video. Certainly more than Doug DeMuro’s, not because Doug doesn’t have good content or photography skills, but because of the way he over-accentuates syllables and vowels that drives me nuts.

On the other hand, Sarah’s wacky humor is right up my alley, so I’m happy to watch. (My wife, on the other hand... not so much.)
Sarah used to do reviews from time to time for TFLCar, but started her own channel.

As for Doug, find him insufferable.

Buckdes

Getting familiar with the group...

PD705

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Oh, that's my press car.

They're not using LC. I suspect in those cold conditions the car could have launched a bit quicker. As I've noted before, it has too much grip and bogs down when it's warm out. When it's a little colder the car can spin up the rears in LC and keep the revs up.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Oh, that's my press car.

They're not using LC. I suspect in those cold conditions the car could have launched a bit quicker. As I've noted before, it has too much grip and bogs down when it's warm out. When it's a little colder the car can spin up the rears in LC and keep the revs up.
I didn't know you could change the digital speedometer to MPH.
I record mine in KMH and cut it down to 97kmh to figure out the 0-60mph time.

PD705

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I didn't know you could change the digital speedometer to MPH.
I record mine in KMH and cut it down to 97kmh to figure out the 0-60mph time.
Simply switch the unit of measure in the navigation system settings - it changes the speed readout in the cluster and HUD as well as the odometer readout.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So...not a G70 review...but for the new Supra. This is what drives me f'ing up the wall bonkers. C&D did a shitty ass review on the G70...who knows how they launched, etc.

Now...with the Supra...oh...they give it their all. They say the LC is not that good...so they did everything they could to get it to launch the best...

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27456854/2020-toyota-supra-testing-acceleration-zero-to-60

Telling you...these asshole magazines are all paid off. You will never see them do a full blown "best that they can" test on the G70. Nor will you see any head-to-head stuff.

Bunch of filthy wankers I tell ya.

Last edited:

PD705

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Things to consider:

1) The Supra is somewhere between 400 and 600 lb lighter depending on G70 spec.

2) The ZF8 is the single best transmission on the market, and while ours is good, theirs simply shifts quicker.

3) Like most BMW engines, I strongly suspect the 335 hp rating on the B58 in that car is bull**** and the car in fact makes more.

With a clean launch I'm not surprised to see that figure.