Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
Genesis G70

ephone1

SUSTAINING MEMBER
I just re-read the Car and Driver comparison. It's a shame the Dynamic Edition wasn't made this year, because when you go back and look at the numbers on the skidpad when Car and Driver first tested the G.70, the number .95. The Dynamic Edition Michelin Pilot 4S tires, like the BMW has. The rest of G70 get the Pilot 4, which have a bit higher wear rating, and aren't quite a sticky.

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis G70
Our 2019 Genesis G70 Is a Reliable Quarantine Companion

although Im always happy to see nice things about the G70; I wish there was more attention to criticism of the transmission which I believe is the G70s greatest weakness. With how many G70/Stinger owners complain about the 3-2 downshift jerking (especially when trans is cold) theres no way a long term review cant bring that up....I know not everyone is having this issue but no way these press cars can all be exempt; and unless its brought up by a major publication Im afraid it will always be 'expected behavior' when we take it to the dealer

BadTrainDriver

Registered Member
Powell, OH
Genesis G70
I just re-read the Car and Driver comparison. It's a shame the Dynamic Edition wasn't made this year, because when you go back and look at the numbers on the skidpad when Car and Driver first tested the G.70, the number .95. The Dynamic Edition Michelin Pilot 4S tires, like the BMW has. The rest of G70 get the Pilot 4, which have a bit higher wear rating, and aren't quite a sticky.
I've read that same article, and from what I can see it's the same Michelin Pilot Sport 4 that the rest of the G70 19" staggered get.

2019 Genesis G70 3.3T Dynamic at Lightning Lap 2019

CaliG70

Registered Member
Menifee, California
Genesis G70
Exactly what I wanted to see. Thank you!
Had a dynamic edition when they first came out for a day, those tires are stickier than the 4 that comes on the rest of line up. Should’ve just put them on all of them, doubt it costed them much more.

CaliG70

Registered Member
Menifee, California
Genesis G70
Not that it matters, but the Design Edition comes with 18" all season tires (at least it did in 2019).
That was most likely a Design AWD. RWD came with the 19 10 spoke.

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis G70

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis G70
The review is so slanted, it's not even credible.
That was my initial impression as well, but by the same token I love my G70 so much I wasn't sure if I was being over-sensitive.

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis G70
I don’t think it’s unfair to say it’s biased. I mean, just from memory one line stuck out to me: about how the bmw is too rough for city roads, but probably great on track and they gave the win to the bmw for that...

LandOfConfusion

Registered Member
Genesis G70
At the risk of alienating the home crowd, I can say that there is some truth to the review. I recently drove a new 330i. It is far different than the predecessor 3 series, and it is amazing in nearly every way.

There are individual factors which are a matter of subjective taste. For one, styling is very different, and I know there has been some controversy about the new 3 series‘ styling, both on the exterior and certainly the interior dash. The G70 is more classic in its presentation, and it’s certainly a beautiful car. It will be interesting to see how time treats each of these in the long term.

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis G70
At the risk of alienating the home crowd, I can say that there is some truth to the review. I recently drove a new 330i. It is far different than the predecessor 3 series, and it is amazing in nearly every way.

There are individual factors which are a matter of subjective taste. For one, styling is very different, and I know there has been some controversy about the new 3 series‘ styling, both on the exterior and certainly the interior dash. The G70 is more classic in its presentation, and it’s certainly a beautiful car. It will be interesting to see how time treats each of these in the long term.
What was your impressions on how the 330i compared to the G70?

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums