Get the map updated - cheaper / easier now

rroyce46

Hasn't posted much yet...
Calgary Canada
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
No matter what Hyundai are doing with gathered whatever I can tell you they have the right idea .As a retired Mercedes/Porsche Sales rep/Manager I can tell you from experience that Mercedes,BMW & most other manufacturers usually discontinue GPS support not offer free updates as the cars go out of warranty.

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No matter what Hyundai are doing with gathered whatever I can tell you they have the right idea .As a retired Mercedes/Porsche Sales rep/Manager I can tell you from experience that Mercedes,BMW & most other manufacturers usually discontinue GPS support not offer free updates as the cars go out of warranty.
They weren't "free" initially - they were $170 if they sent you the media. Still, it is nice that they are updating at a substantial discount now.

lopedogg

Registered Member
BC, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Ya I needed an SD card as well anyway, mine was the original with 16GB card and I didn't want any glitches updating 5 years of software. Now i was able to do the 14.5 smooth as butter on the new card, only problem is my map still likes to stay black.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Ya I needed an SD card as well anyway, mine was the original with 16GB card and I didn't want any glitches updating 5 years of software. Now i was able to do the 14.5 smooth as butter on the new card, only problem is my map still likes to stay black.
There is a setting for that. IRC, it is an option under display on the Nav menu. Perhaps it has to be changed?

rroyce46

Hasn't posted much yet...
Calgary Canada
Genesis Model Type
There is a setting for that. IRC, it is an option under display on the Nav menu. Perhaps it has to be changed?
I believe the setting cannot be changed on Canadian model unless car has Jog dial & larger screen.My 2016 Luxury model does not have adjustment setting for Navi brightness.

lopedogg

Registered Member
BC, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Ya I don't have that setting, its just the day/night map sensor that is off sometimes. Really not a big deal I don't actually mind the dark map in the day looks just as good to me!

15Rwd3.8

Genesis Model Type
so when u spent the 25 bucks did it come with apple car play as well? i just ordered 8” screen update with the NAM version NAM.13.47.44.680.001.3 , and i’d like to know

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
so when u spent the 25 bucks did it come with apple car play as well? i just ordered 8” screen update with the NAM version NAM.13.47.44.680.001.3 , and i’d like to know
It depends on what year & radio you have. I assume by your screen name you have a 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8. Maybe some of the experts here can tell you, but I don't think it went back that far.

MBB 2015

Hamilton Ontario Canada
Genesis Model Type
It depends on what year & radio you have. I assume by your screen name you have a 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8. Maybe some of the experts here can tell you, but I don't think it went back that far.
I did the Map update in June 65.00 CND shipping was 6 weeks 2015 3.8 Technology package no dial old version was 8.5 I think no Carplay or Android auto New Canadian version has booth.

lopedogg

Registered Member
BC, Canada
Genesis Model Type
I see the grayed out apps now on the 8" version, but I don't have a phone to test it out.

Smoothswan

Genesis Model Type
It shows that if you download it and save it to your own SD Card it is free.

JWH

Genesis Model Type
The update process installed fonts on my Windows computer!

NaviUpdaterGenesis Bold, for example.

Suburbazine

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Louisiana
Genesis Model Type
The update process installed fonts on my Windows computer!

NaviUpdaterGenesis Bold, for example.

It's because the program is written in Korean and then translated to English. The fonts they use over there are not going to be the standard US English fonts that are default over here. Plus, they use nonstandard font sizes which would break the program layout if directly displayed in something like Arial or TNR.

Sggray98

Genesis Model Type
I recently purchased a 2016 and discovered the SD card missing. I bought a 32gb SD card - where can I download? This site doesn't have a download link 2016 Hyundai Genesis(JogDial/Premium) Map Update 141SP2DH
Downloaded and installed per the instructions on September 3rd. It was free and updated with no issues. Pretty much the same process as previous updates except loading to your computer and creating your own SD card for installation. My only concern is with the map screen on my navigation unit post upgrade. It's a different color change than previous updates. The screen is more of a dull grey and the white lettering doesn't seem bright enough during the day. Greens and blues are very light in color. If anyone knows how to change the color or contrast of the navigation screen, please let me know as I've gone through a lot of settings searching but no luck. 2016 Genesis JogDial/Premium)

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums