• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

HELP on color choice!!!

Twolf

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
The greater noticeability is exactly the problem and will be related as "attracting dirt" by most. Most don't want to baby their car to that level so that it doesn't appear dirty
Let's not confuse the dirt issue by saying some attract more than others because they all do that equally. It is just that some - show - it more, but they all have it. Selecting a premium brand should go along with the willingness to go the extra step to maintain it looking premium so not sure why a little extra effort would cause one to change their preferred color. If you like the beige and it means an extra few minutes keeping it clean, so be it, totally worth it. Light colors show the contours and different lines and materials better than dark ones so I happen to prefer light, but respect all choices.
Here is a post from me earlier this summer on interior colors - Enjoy!
From July
Many people fear light color interiors because they show dirt vs black which hides it (but the dirt is still there). I have always had light color interiors and all it takes is a monthly wipe down with a leather cleaner (on the seats that may be showing dirt/marks) and followed by a conditioner to keep them supple. The dirt is more a reflection of the driver's standards than the color itself. I'd hate to see the color of the towel when 3 year old black leather gets cleaned if the driver picked that color to hide dirt and never cleaned it - yukk. No matter the color, the dirt will happen. My whole interior can be cleaned and conditioned in 20mins. Hope this helps.

Twolf

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type

Attachments

cvandenhaute

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
+1 on that. I have kept all my cars with light-colored interiors looking like new and quite frankly the effort is not even a monthly wipe: cleaning the front seats with a cleaner such as Lexol about every quarter (takes less than 20') and once or twice a year for the rear seats, while I am it I also do the steering wheel, the shifter, and the armrests. Effort: one to 2 hours per YEAR and with the bonus to keep driving a car with leather seats that feel like they are new. Now full disclaimer, my wife and I never allow our kids to eat in the car but even if we did, a regular clean up makes it easier to keep them nice over time since dirt does not build up too badly.
Now I will say that it is easy to keep light color leather seats in great shape but it is another thing with light carpets like the ones in the Design edition. I had a Volvo S40 with light beige carpet floor mats and despite taking care of the car and cleaning them as often as I could, they quickly turned ugly and that was an uphill battle. I find the compromise of the light grey interior of the Prestige with black carpet much better in that regard.

Twolf

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
+1 on that. I have kept all my cars with light-colored interiors looking like new and quite frankly the effort is not even a monthly wipe: cleaning the front seats with a cleaner such as Lexol about every quarter (takes less than 20') and once or twice a year for the rear seats, while I am it I also do the steering wheel, the shifter, and the armrests. Effort: one to 2 hours per YEAR and with the bonus to keep driving a car with leather seats that feel like they are new. Now full disclaimer, my wife and I never allow our kids to eat in the car but even if we did, a regular clean up makes it easier to keep them nice over time since dirt does not build up too badly.
Now I will say that it is easy to keep light color leather seats in great shape but it is another thing with light carpets like the ones in the Design edition. I had a Volvo S40 with light beige carpet floor mats and despite taking care of the car and cleaning them as often as I could, they quickly turned ugly and that was an uphill battle. I find the compromise of the light grey interior of the Prestige with black carpet much better in that regard.
Great feedback, agree on all points. The G90 carpet and floormats are black so I get the best of both worlds. Lexol is a great product, but I use either Turtle Wax Lux Leather or Zymol because they smell better 🤣🤣. Keep up the passion.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm happy with my Design Edition colors. The cream interior hasn't been an issue yet. It was quick and easy to clean the few dirty spots left by the dealer's mechanics. 🙄 Even the carpeted floor mats still look reasonable, and shouldn't be too hard to clean. If that becomes an issue, I think I'd be fine buying some black mats.

Bourbonncigars

It burns when I pee...
Genesis Model Type
Off topic, which bourbon and cigar? I like Blantons and Basil Hayden's and My Father cigars.
I'm quite versatile when it comes to my alcoholism and chain smoking. My dailies are Maker and Gentleman Jack but I'm always trying something different. When special occasions hit I'll go up a tier. As for cigars, I don't smoke them nearly as much as I used to. The ones I keep easy access to are going to be Padrons (usually 6000's) or CAO Brazilia's. Once the weather gets a good bit cooler it'll be pipe time. For whatever reason I need cold weather to fire up the pipe.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm quite versatile when it comes to my alcoholism and chain smoking. My dailies are Maker and Gentleman Jack but I'm always trying something different. When special occasions hit I'll go up a tier. As for cigars, I don't smoke them nearly as much as I used to. The ones I keep easy access to are going to be Padrons (usually 6000's) or CAO Brazilia's. Once the weather gets a good bit cooler it'll be pipe time. For whatever reason I need cold weather to fire up the pipe.
Have you tried Buffalo Trace bourbon? It's pretty good and not crazy expensive.

Bourbonncigars

It burns when I pee...
Genesis Model Type
Have you tried Buffalo Trace bourbon? It's pretty good and not crazy expensive.
I have indeed. Haven't gotten any in a while. You know how people can be. We get in a groove that turns into a rut, then change is hard to come by.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Twolf

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Very nice approach. I like it when people gave what I call - GoTo - products or activities. Besides cars, I also like a good bourbon and cigar and that is why I asked. Keep having fun.

Twolf

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I usually have two on hand, One is a regular like Makers or WT Rare Breed, but the other varies most every time. I tried Royal Crown XO a few weeks ago, really smooth.

I enjoy a gin and tonic at times. The Botanist or Hendricks are regulars, but a liquor store near work was bought out and expanded. I counted 52 different gins and was working my way through them when I retired and eventually moved, but still experiment.

Used to smoke a pipe but gave up all tobacco about 40 years ago.
So gin is the one liquor I have not tried, something to ponder.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just avoid the cheap stuff. Gin is pretty much vodka with botanicals for flavor and it must have juniper. Some major brands that are good are Tangueray or Bombay, Bombay Sapphire. They are mild but the two I mentioned above are very smooth but have a bit more flavor. Very rarely do I make a martini but enjoy a refreshing G & T..
I love Bombay Sapphire G & T :thumbsup:

UberGen

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The same products. They are easy to apply (thin layers work best) and last a long time. I have had the best results with gloss on light colors like white and silver with Collinite. See products to consider attached. They have paste waxes too, but these are my favorite. Check out their reviews and Youtube videos. Happy detailing.
Collinite 845 is, by far, the best wax I’ve ever used. Couldn’t be easier to apply and remove, and a little goes a long, long way. Makes corrected paint feel slick and look deep. Lasts a long time.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums