HID to LED Headlight Conversion

sb24

Getting familiar with the group...
Dallas TX
Trying to see if it is possible to make the active headlights work and have these two images. Anyone know if the 15-16s have a separate ECU for the headlights? I see the 18s have an ECU..part no. 92170D
9192111.png9192113.png

1FstYota

Registered Member
WA
Looking at the image its more than just the ecu, I'm not sure our cars even have the mounts for that level arm that is depicted in the first image under dynamic, its the necessary wiring to tell how the headlights should level.

any pics of the wiring harness?

sb24

Dallas TX
So this is from a 2015, strill trying to find harness:
9192113 (2).png

- - - Updated - - -

2018 Wiring Harness with description:

Fit Note: E-SHIFT FOR SBW, PARKG BRK CONTROL-EPB, W/ WIPER DEICER, LOW BEAM - LED, DRL - DEDICATED LED TYPE, FOG LAMP CAP - LED, PARK'G ASSIST SYSTEM, AROUND VIEW MONITOR SYSTEM - A TYPE

91912113.png

1FstYota

Registered Member
WA
So this is from a 2015, strill trying to find harness:
View attachment 12780

- - - Updated - - -

2018 Wiring Harness with description:

Fit Note: E-SHIFT FOR SBW, PARKG BRK CONTROL-EPB, W/ WIPER DEICER, LOW BEAM - LED, DRL - DEDICATED LED TYPE, FOG LAMP CAP - LED, PARK'G ASSIST SYSTEM, AROUND VIEW MONITOR SYSTEM - A TYPE

View attachment 12781
See if this is even on the car first? I'm wondering if the KDM headlights had auto level type stuff. I was quite surprised when I first bought this car and realized the headlights doesn't do anything on this type of car. lol

1FstYota

Registered Member
WA
Won't be for a few days, I'm on the road for work
Ahh cool, let me know how it goes, judging from the pic its gonna be on the driver side rear control arm.

1FstYota

Registered Member
WA
Do you have a a link to support this? Because current LED technology does not come close to being able to compete with comparable HIDs in terms of output. HIDs vastly out perform LEDs.
Where is your evidence that supports your claim? the whole car industry is going to LED headlights, look at Acura, Audi, BMW, Lexus, even lower end Hondas have LED headlights. So why do you think LED is inferior to old HID tech?

sb24

Dallas TX
Well looks like I talked myself out of doing this mod, after I purchased one Sport LED headlight, one 5.0 LED headlight, and the wiring adapter/harness from Korea. The mod looks really easy, but I am going to buy a C7 Z06 and wifey is going to use the Genny as her daily so don't want the hassle of switching lights on/off etc. Parts will be going up for sale soon in the FS section.

1FstYota

Registered Member
WA
Well looks like I talked myself out of doing this mod, after I purchased one Sport LED headlight, one 5.0 LED headlight, and the wiring adapter/harness from Korea. The mod looks really easy, but I am going to buy a C7 Z06 and wifey is going to use the Genny as her daily so don't want the hassle of switching lights on/off etc. Parts will be going up for sale soon in the FS section.
Boo, how much you selling the headlights and harness for?

Rey

Registered Member
Salem, OR
There may be other sources than the very expensive light conversion of the G80Sport. I converted the halogen H7 high beam light in my '14 Equus to LED. Great results - much brighter than the H7, which I had replaced with off-road 100wt H7.

brfatal

Been here awhile...
VA
Where is your evidence that supports your claim? the whole car industry is going to LED headlights, look at Acura, Audi, BMW, Lexus, even lower end Hondas have LED headlights. So why do you think LED is inferior to old HID tech?
Ask any headlight retrofitter that you please. This is common knowledge in these circles and test after test after test has shown this to be the case. Lower lux readings across the board. As for why many manufacturers are switching, it has nothing to do with performance. Likely it has to do with their lower power draw, "new" factor, and money, as factory LED headlights are non-serviceable since they have integrated diodes rather than replaceable bulbs. LEDs also have the longest theoretical lifespan, however in practice reliability is still a bit spotty.

StarPower

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Do you have a a link to support this? Because current LED technology does not come close to being able to compete with comparable HIDs in terms of output. HIDs vastly out perform LEDs.
The "According to the IIHS" in my original post is in blue because it's a link. Click on "Headlights" on the left side of the page to see the test results for both the LED and HID headlights. The test results show that, for the Genesis/G80, the optional LED headlights outperform the HID headlights.

1FstYota

Registered Member
WA
Just drove a 2018 with the LED headlights, and I can def say its brighter has a nicer cutoff and can't beat the instant on without the warm up delay.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.